Photo

Splitfire/2k Turret Modification!

SplitLantern 2k. Rear-loading this badass!

46 replies to this topic

#26 street slick

street slick

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

This is by far my favourite splitfire mod... it is a true work of art, You should be proud!
Last night I was at the bar and got really drunk, so I decided I would take a bus home instead, this may seem like no big deal to you guys but driving a bus while your drunk is really dangerous.

You are really cool!

#27 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

Wow, nice work. It's always a good writeup if you sit there and want to read everything, lol.

Might try this out on one of my SFs, like ^ they said; it amazes me that everything fit well.

#28 MindWarrior

MindWarrior

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

So thats what meant on the IRC. That things pretty amazing. And for reload time, this things a secondary, no need to use it for more than the 4 shots provided unless your primary craps.
QUOTE(Ryan201821 @ Jan 2 2010, 03:20 PM) View Post

Seriously, no penis pumps or dildos on your Nerf blasters.

REVOLUTION BABY!

#29 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

Or add an LED? ;)

I've done a few LED additions already, kinda bored of it now. Haha.

Dude... you're kiddin' me. :)

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

Tell me it's not just begging for illumination.

Edited by taerKitty, 21 June 2010 - 06:51 PM.

Fugly is a feature.

#30 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

Very nicely done. It's very rare that I read a write-up and then actually want to do it. As soon as I read the words, "Less bulky," I thought, you know, it would be awesome to use just one turret. Then I read on to see how you executed that beautifully. If I ever have free time again, I'll do my own version of this. Thanks for inspiring me.

Highest compliments.

#31 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:53 AM

One word:

Sexy.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#32 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:10 AM

It seems like this was done a lot better without the rear loading a long time ago.
Posted Image
Split-tech 2k a la Falcon, circa 2006. But you know, thats just like, my opinion, man.

trans as shit because fuck you

#33 jakejagan

jakejagan

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:13 AM

California Pants: He said that he saw the write-up and wanted to do something different.
00:38 jakejagan I hear you guys still bring up the "gangsta shot"
00:38 Bags it is legend now

17:45 *** MrPzowned was kicked by Zorn (MrPzowned)
17:45 Zorn moral of the story: don't pick on idle mods yo

#34 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:19 AM

California Pants: He said that he saw the write-up and wanted to do something different.

I also said it was just my opinion. Those are things people give on public matters. Just like the general opinion of you is very low.

trans as shit because fuck you

#35 Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:26 AM

Both methods have their advantages. The splitlantern when loaded, gives the opportunity to reload with a few pumps and a turn of a turret. The splitech has a higher ammo load, but is at a disadvantage in other aspects such as reload, I like the splitlantern more, but the splitech is still handy.
Shrimp!

#36 ahtanie

ahtanie

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

Okay okay, no need to squabble.
Just to make things clear:

**WARNING: PICTURE HEAVY! :)

Hello guys! Time for my 2nd write-up!
As you can see, this write-up is on the Nerf Splitfire.
It’s my favourite among all the Nerf blasters and it’s tonnes of fun.
I had the intention of doing this mod to it but decided to go with something new, less bulky and cleaner.
This was what I came up with.

Many people (like myself) don't read write-ups in detail. Haha.

Edited by ahtanie, 22 June 2010 - 05:23 PM.

#37 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

Many people (like myself) don't read write-ups in detail. Haha.

In that case people like you should shut the fuck up.

Uh, d00d? You do realize ahtanie is the bloke who posted the mod, right?
Fugly is a feature.

#38 nostyleguy

nostyleguy

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:57 PM

It seems like this was done a lot better without the rear loading a long time ago.
Posted Image
Split-tech 2k a la Falcon, circa 2006. But you know, thats just like, my opinion, man.

I know its pointless to argue about matters of opinion, but was this 'thread-crapping' comment really needed?

Just to defend the op's mod (which is amazing). I can easily see a bunch of areas where the splitlantern is 'a lot better' than the splittech

1) rear-loading
2) no exposed brass
3) no ugly hot-glue spacers or globs
4) not ridiculously ungainly
5) reloads in one motion vs two

as for the splittech, the only advantage i can see is:

1) 4 salvos instead of 2

#39 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

I'm not seeing what you guys are praising about the paintjob. I love the work here on the gun, but seriously, it's just a flat black coat on the innards and one side of the shell. I was really hoping for something like the Sm1k remake paintjob that was done on the furyfire, or anything else creative.Don't get me wrong about this gun, I love it and I love the effort you put into it, I just feel like the paintjob is lacking for the amount of care and effort put in.

Oh, and as a response to nostyleguy...
----------------------
1) rear-loading- Very, very difficult to do... I would guess that less than 20 really working rear loading 2k turrets are out there today, very high risk of ruining your turret
2) no exposed brass- He just used PETG instead of brass, you can use PETG for falcons mod if that's an issue
3) no ugly hot-glue spacers or globs- That mod was before barrel spacers, easy fix
4) not ridiculously ungainly- I disagree here, I have actually used the split-tech and it was just as bulky as any other splitfire.
5) reloads in one motion vs two- Don't get you... If anything, the split-tech is easier to reload since you just push the darts down the barrel with your pinky instead of turning the turret four times to rear load

as for the splittech, the only advantage i can see is:

1) 4 salvos instead of 2
----------------------
The main points you left out entirely are range and ROF. The split-tech gets maybe 40-50 flat while this mod gets normal single barrel SF ranges. The ROF is just as high in the mod as the spit tech, it just depends if you really need eight shots to fend off attackers that are probably rushing you close range or four longer range shots to defend against larger ranges, the rear loading also lets you reload while being primed easier. Another point would be shell mangling, the split-tech has quite a bit of that involved while this mod retains the SF look. All in all, I think that the two mods are suited for entirely different styles of play.

#40 ahtanie

ahtanie

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:00 AM

Okay okay.

For those that like it: I'm glad you do. And I want to thank you for all the compliments.

For those that don't: Feel free to come up with something better that everyone will like.

Nice.

#41 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:37 AM

And I meant precisely what I wrote. People who have not read all of a thread should not post anything even remotely resembling criticism to it.

I don't think you're grasping this. Ahtanhie here made the write-up. He was just joking that he himself sometimes doesn't read all the way through write-ups. He was not "thread-bashing", it's his thread. Nor was he, for all that I can tell, bashing Falcon's original mod, it seemed to me he was just politely trying to break up any debate that one was better than another. I can't understand why you found it necessary to tell ahtanhie to "shut the fuck up."
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#42 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:44 AM

lolomg nerf gunz are srs business.

#43 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:07 AM

I think ahtanie is a cool dude and so should you!
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#44 ahtanie

ahtanie

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:15 AM

I can somehow sense a hint of sarcasm haha, but I'll just pretend that I can't.
Thanks Zorn I think you're so cool too! :D

As for Salmon, he's getting the picture.

C'mon guys.. Stop drinking the Hatorade, and start drinking the bubble tea!

#45 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:12 AM

lolomg nerf gunz are srs business.

"It's all fun and games until somebody posts a kick-ass mod..."

And this one is very, very kick-ass. Clean, well PJ'ed, and sexxor. Sure, putting a 2K turret on an SF isn't new, but mounting one so you can fire two barrels is. It keeps the lines of the blaster nice and sleek (and, as somebody says, holster-able) and requires less 'flanges' and other add-on parts to account for the added girth.
Fugly is a feature.

#46 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:19 PM

I can somehow sense a hint of sarcasm haha, but I'll just pretend that I can't.

Nah, the thread turned really stupid really fast so I thought I'd bring it back on topic.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#47 The Nerf Devil

The Nerf Devil

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:37 PM

You have a point there Zorn. Whether or not some one who comments thinks this is better or worse than the Split-Tech is irrelevant.

I really like this mod. It is clean, rear loading, reasonably small, and looks cool with that paint job.
It's funny looking through things you said years ago, you realize how much of an ass you came off as sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users