Photo

Made In America War, July 3 Chicagoland

Now with <attendance>. RSVP and all that.

26 replies to this topic

#1 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:16 AM

To get in gear for independence day, we'd like to have a war with only foam blasters made America. America means in North or South America, or any other nation or region who's name includes the word "America".

I realize that there are not many large producers of foam blasters in the Americas, so you are encouraged to build your own (so long as you are in the Americas while you do it).

We will also have plenty of American made blasters to lend, so don't worry if you lack American made blasters.

Location/Time:

Lake Ellyn Park, Glen Ellyn, IL
10:00 AM - 5ish July 3 2010

Gametypes:

Carpe Testiculum (CTF, with multiple flags per team)
Defend the Core
Meatgrinder
VIP
Territories
Perhaps others

Rules:
~Eye protection.
~No hard tipped ammunition. Hot glue is a hard tip, among other things
~No blasters so powerful as to make their ammunition unsafe. All blasters will be subject to a cardboard penetration test.
~No melee weapons that aren't super soft/light. Most pool-noodle-around PVC boffers wouldn't qualify. Marauders won't qualify unless wrapped in pipe insulation, or other supplementary padding. This can be used to make them longer, and wider, both of which make a more effective weapon.
~No blasters not made in America
~Neither Ammunition nor melee weapons need to be made in America
~No barrel tapping.
~Spawn times may be adjusted to compensate for large differences in blaster usefulness.
~Shields will be allowed, but will be limited and subject to the same sort of spawn time adjustment that blasters do. I'll work on being more specific later, but don't expect to be able to use a sweet blaster if you have even a medium sized shield.
~Big ammo will take out a person if it hits their shield, body, blaster, or melee weapon
~Darts will take out a person if it hits their body or blaster.
~Swords will take out a person if it hits their body or blaster.
~Running out of lives and sitting out is strictly forbidden. This isn't counterstrike, thank FSM for that.
~Don't pick up / move mobstacles during the round.

<Attendance> =8.9
KaneTheMediocre: 1
Ryan McNumbers: 1
Louic3: 1
Demonlord: 1
Zorn: 1
Radlith: 1
AcePilotZero: 1
Cheerios: 0.8
Untrained: 0.5
Shorts: 0.5
Merzlin: 0.1
Carbon: 0
Noodleownz: 0

Other stuff:

Don't bother to bring your own slug darts. We have a large quantity of darts (3000ish), and using a single ammo stash eliminates sorting. Feel free to bring other types of ammunition (ie rockets, megas, stock darts), so long as they are properly padded.

Our darts are slightly looser than stock darts, and work well in CPVC for springers, and PETG or SCH80 for airguns.

Edited by KaneTheMediocre, 30 June 2010 - 06:33 PM.

RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#2 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:51 AM

Awesome idea, but right now I am a maybe.

#3 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

I'm out because all my guns are made in China or Taiwan, and I refuse to use a HAMP but if you have a spare +bow or L+L or those kind of blasters.

Edited by cheerios, 10 June 2010 - 12:38 PM.

22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#4 unTrained NERFER

unTrained NERFER

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:51 PM

Bob I don't think thats the point they were trying to get across, I think its suppposed to be geared towards homemades only. (Correct me if I'm wrong please)

As for myself I'm a mabe pending a family reunion.
IceNine
balls, in three different colors. I don't remember the exact number, but I'm sure Ryan or Zorn does.

#5 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

The whole point of including south america was to allow for those exceptions unless I'm gravely mistaken.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#6 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

I'm out because all my guns are made in China or Taiwan, and I refuse to use a HAMP but if you have a spare +bow or L+L or those kind of blasters.

We can accommodate your desire for a trigger. Ryan, for example, will be bringing his +bow, which he never uses any more, although it will have spoiler attachment to keep it "cardboard legal". I like to hear requests like this on the forum, rather than at the war, because myself and Ryan (who is probably going to be cohosting) build lots of blasters, and will build many more for the war. So, if there's something you want that you don't think we'll have, speak up.

ATM I plan on making a few more single-shooting hopper HAMPs, perhaps some singled / bolt action HAMPs as well. There will definitely be a batch of Autobows for the war. That doesn't help people who love triggers (which I think includes Cheerios), so I'll try to adjust my build style to include some SNAPoids.

I could be wrong about it applying to the the whole AirJet Power range, but I know the Triple Strike for certain was made in Mexico. Someone should compile a list of the stock blasters that fit this rule set. Other groups may want to give it a try.

People with other blasters from that time frame like LB, SS2, and WF should check the actual markings molded in, just to be sure.

I'd love to have a list like this. "Someone" should make a list like this. Perhaps "someone" with a storage unit full of nerf blasters to check for made in XXX markings

Bob I don't think thats the point they were trying to get across, I think its suppposed to be geared towards homemades only. (Correct me if I'm wrong please)

As for myself I'm a mabe pending a family reunion.

The whole point of including south america was to allow for those exceptions unless I'm gravely mistaken.

Zorn is not gravely mistaken. Made in Mexico is a subset of made in America, because last time I checked Mexico was part of North America. I doubt we'll see any South American blasters, but I'd love to be wrong.

Edited by KaneTheMediocre, 10 June 2010 - 05:12 PM.

RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#7 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

If Ryan would be fine with me using his +bow like all day then I will be a 80% chance of arrival. Also will you guys be supplying darts or shall we bring our own.

Edited by cheerios, 10 June 2010 - 05:19 PM.

#8 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:41 AM

If Ryan would be fine with me using his +bow like all day then I will be a 80% chance of arrival. Also will you guys be supplying darts or shall we bring our own.

I talked to him today, he's fine with it. Hopefully we will have a plethora of springers to complement the HAMP and bow arsenal, making reservation unnecessary, but until those are built you can consider yourself to have "dibs" on Ryans +bow.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#9 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:19 PM

Awesome idea, guys. Mark me as a maybe

#10 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:35 PM

I love the concept of this war. Which irritates me even more that I can't make it.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#11 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:42 PM

I'm there. With Devilbow and Sh.A.H.C.
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#12 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

As said before I am a definite, and I will be bringing many triggered guns for people to borrow.

Posted Image

#13 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:56 PM

I won't be able to attend due to a prior obligation I must fulfil. Hope you guys have fun.
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#14 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

Bump for 1 week till the war
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#15 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:30 AM

I reallize I'm not going to this war, but might I suggest someone with intimite knowledge of the communal darts suggest a barrel material for non-sub-optimal performance? I didn't see anything to that effect when I skimmed previous posts, but I could have missed it.

#16 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:44 PM

I reallize I'm not going to this war, but might I suggest someone with intimite knowledge of the communal darts suggest a barrel material for non-sub-optimal performance? I didn't see anything to that effect when I skimmed previous posts, but I could have missed it.

Mostly everyone in the area has used our dart stash before and knows what they fit.

But just for reference, our darts fit CPVC for springers, and PETG/Sch. 80 for airgun fit.

#17 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:28 PM

Ryan do you want me to bring the Big Blast to this war or wait until the next?

#18 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:39 AM

Ryan do you want me to bring the Big Blast to this war or wait until the next?

You can bring it to the war.

#19 AcepilotZero

AcepilotZero

Scoggins

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:48 PM

I might be there. If so, I'll be bringing the IMPROVED dart bomber.
Lord of the flywheels.

#20 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:50 AM

location update: Butterfield elementary school. The original location was flooded with people.
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#21 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

Pros
Getting free snaps.
Meeting Ryan's brother.
Seeing Kane, Ryan, Zorn, Demonlord, Shorts, and Lou again
Didn't need to make darts, the dart cleaning was fast due to one dart stash.
New location, which isn't as cool as the other but still good.
No little kids interrupting us.

Cons
Kane and Lou not keeping their shirts on. :D
First spot being crowded.

Edited by cheerios, 03 July 2010 - 04:06 PM.

#22 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

Well worth the drive not only for the modding but also the war.

For all of you who thought this would be a hamp-fest it wasn't. I would say more people used triggered guns than hamps.

I wish we could've nerfed at the original location, but the new one was great.

+Getting 3/4 of a crossbow
+Building 1/4 of a crossbow
+Snaps compete with +bows
+Snap giveaways
+Super Duper Dart Stash
+Kane's awesome bow

-It was hot
-I broke 2 hoppers and at least 4 barrels...

Quote of the war

"Aiming is for people without Hamps! Oh wait that's us."

-Me, Myself, and I

#23 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:58 AM

Pros:
+ Hitting DemonLord a lot

Cons:
- Missing DemonLord every once in a while

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 04 July 2010 - 01:59 AM.

"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#24 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:55 AM

How?

#25 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

How?

A special way to break your fall, called the "barrel plant".
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users