Photo

Nerf Sneakshot

11 replies to this topic

#1 windtex1

windtex1

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:09 PM

Hi, my friend has a nerf sneakshot and is willing to sell it to me for 25$. Is it worth it? Please give your opinion
I am open to contracts. I am relatively cheap. PM me

In Soviet Russia, blasters mod YOU!!
In Soviet Russia, darts shoot YOU!!

legendary, just...legendary
I make home-mades

#2 gohavefun

gohavefun

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:20 PM

i found this it my be an answer http://cgi.ebay.com/...e#ht_1634wt_915

#3 Foam Ninja

Foam Ninja

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:21 PM

i found this it my be an answer http://cgi.ebay.com/...e#ht_1634wt_915

Ebay is never an answer really since people can price stuff however they see fit. Ironcally that seems to be a fair price depending. Does it have any scuff marks, or missing parts (i.e. bolt, mirror etc.)? Does it have the original sticker? Does it work is a pretty big one. A lot can go into selling an older Nerf Blaster.
QUOTE(Soothsayer @ Jul 18 2010, 03:51 PM) View Post

Still haven't beat Foam Ninja in a sword fight

1.The baby would blow up do to being made of pure fail.
2.I GIVE UP! I AM GETTING MY GAS ELSEWHERE!!
-Nerf Mafia

#4 gohavefun

gohavefun

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

as i said "may be an answer".

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

as i said "may be an answer".

Your post quality is terrible. Take 3 months off to re-read the board rules.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 Nerf Psycho

Nerf Psycho

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:49 PM

This gun is closer to my era of Nerfing...

If you're buying this gun because it's in great condition and you want something gimmicky to show your friends, perhaps it is worth $25.

If you're looking for a gun to use in wars, put your money toward just about anything else.

NerfCenter review to the rescue...

http://nerfcenter.co...f/SneakShot.htm

"Don't even think about buying the Sneak Shot®."

#7 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:21 PM

Hi, my friend has a nerf sneakshot and is willing to sell it to me for 25$. Is it worth it? Please give your opinion

I got one as part of a lot purchase. It's a great gun to loan to someone on the opposing team. Aside from that, I wouldn't pay money for it.
Fugly is a feature.

#8 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

This gun is closer to my era of Nerfing...

If you're buying this gun because it's in great condition and you want something gimmicky to show your friends, perhaps it is worth $25.

If you're looking for a gun to use in wars, put your money toward just about anything else.

NerfCenter review to the rescue...

http://nerfcenter.co...f/SneakShot.htm

"Don't even think about buying the Sneak Shot®."

I dont think I am the only one to think otherwise, check out FA's SneakShot write-up in the modification Directory. The blaster is certainly capable of respectable range when properly modded, and there is also room within the shell for a powerfull air gun integration. "Worth" is also a matter of opinion, to a degree. If you like the blaster, pay what YOU find it to be worth.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#9 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

Get it, high “fun” potential plus mod+integration potential and (I feel) comfort. Worst case you sell it later for $20 and you are only out a few bills or trade it for something you DO like.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#10 The one donut

The one donut

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:47 AM

I don't know why, but when I saw that gun, I was attracted to its bolt cocking mechanism. They had to ruin that on the longshot by making it so small.

Anyways, back on topic, I don't see alot of potential. The only thing was that it shoots megas, so adding smaller barrel material might give a small dart more of a punch? I dunno. I'm a bit of a n00b.
Eat foam you pesky cats!

#11 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:34 AM

Talk it down a bit, like maybe to $15, then get it. Toss some 2k or 3k tanks in it, do some other crazy stuff, and then have a kick ass shell filled with win.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#12 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

As a shell, the stock is too short for my taste. It's got a lot of room inside for schtuff, but if the guy's asking for a fair price for it, he's not experienced enough to reshell a better blaster (or blaster kitbash, or homebrew) into it.

Shoving a tighter barrel in it helps, but you'll need a better spring to drive it. I did that, and the toothed bar shattered. A bit of music wire and epoxy later, and it's okay. It's loud as anything because of all the hollow space, and it puts the dart 35' or so.

One review said that the cornershot feature crimped the hose. I didn't see that, but, given that the blaster didn't have a mirror, I didn't see much else around the corner either.

The best thing about the blaster is the fact it shot megas with a gently tapered barrel. I just cut a bunch of CPVC into 3" "shells", crammed one into the barrel, then swapped it out with the next. That way, the ammo holder in the stock works, too.

All that said and done, I still gave it away as a white elephant gift at an office party last Christmas.

===

Oh, and Donut? The cocking mechanisms are entirely different. The type of movement (bolt-action) is the same, but the underlying mechanics are entirely different. The LS is direct pull. The Sneakshot is geared. I forgot which way it gave the advantage to, or if it was just a fancy (and damage-prone) way of moving the force of the bolt from the handle to the plunger.

Edited by taerKitty, 12 June 2010 - 11:04 AM.

Fugly is a feature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users