Singled Titan + Big Stepans

Help!

12 replies to this topic

#1 The one donut

The one donut

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

I plan on singling a BBBB, when target decides to restock.

I accedentally bought the wrong size of FBR, I think it was an inch. Bottom line is its too big. Recently, I discovered some PVC in the back of my garage. They were a perfect fit! So now that I had a use for all that FBR and PVC, thats what I plan to use.

To test my stepans and PVC out, I unscrewed the rocket attachment and put on the PVC. Because it was in no way permanent, I used duct tape. After pumping it up, obviously, I shot it. I was dissapointed with the rage. Not even 60 feet!

What might have gone wrong:

Bad seal with the duct tape

PVC not long enough (I used a scrap about 8 in. long)

The sizes of the barrel and stapan wasn't right

My stapans are no good

If someone could help, that would be great. I'm a noob. :blush:
Eat foam you pesky cats!

#2 lakewoodz

lakewoodz

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:56 PM

Sounds like you are trying to build a mongo titan. It was a mod done by Foresaken_Angel24. Look it up!
To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.

#3 The one donut

The one donut

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:15 PM

Sounds like you are trying to build a mongo titan. It was a mod done by Foresaken_Angel24. Look it up!

Well, actaully, it was really just an experiment to see how well thay would work together. I re-attached them with more duct tape and the ranges seem to be better. More help would still be great!
Eat foam you pesky cats!

#4 THE MICHIGAN NERFER

THE MICHIGAN NERFER

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

Dammit. You beat me to it. But yep, pretty much the exact same thing except for he didn't use freaking duct tape!

#5 THE MICHIGAN NERFER

THE MICHIGAN NERFER

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

I'm sorry (both for the double post and insulting you). I didn't read carefully enough. I just looked over it another time and saw that you said it's in no way permanent. Also, the reason my previous post looks so awkward is that I started to post before yours went up, but then when I posted, yours was already up. Sorry. But yeah, F_A24 did it a while back. good luck: http://nerfhaven.com...c=6780&hl=mongo

#6 The one donut

The one donut

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

I'm sorry (both for the double post and insulting you). I didn't read carefully enough. I just looked over it another time and saw that you said it's in no way permanent. Also, the reason my previous post looks so awkward is that I started to post before yours went up, but then when I posted, yours was already up. Sorry. But yeah, F_A24 did it a while back. good luck: http://nerfhaven.com...c=6780&hl=mongo

Don't worry about it.

At this point (with the more secure duct tape) I'm getting about 60. With a longer barrel, and a real seal, I'm likely to get around 100? I dunno. Would smaller stepans give me better ranges? I hate to say it, but, I plan on using it for (sigh) losing.

When my friend comes over we usually have nerf wars with stock guns, but I've got a few moded ones. So a loser would really stand out.

If smaller stepans would work better, where could I find some smaller FBR? When I went to home depot they only had one size. GRRrrrr...

-Edit!

Who just edited my post! Grrrrrr....

I don't think losing is awesome, it would just add to my mix of guns. None of them seem to be that accurate. Plus for 10.00 how can you go wrong?

Edited by The_one_donut, 07 June 2010 - 04:53 PM.

Eat foam you pesky cats!

#7 meatballica

meatballica

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

Don't worry about it.

At this point (with the more secure duct tape) I'm getting about 60. With a longer barrel, and a real seal, I'm likely to get around 100? I dunno. Would smaller stepans give me better ranges? I hate to say it, but, I plan on using it for (sigh) losing.

When my friend comes over we usually have nerf wars with stock guns, but I've got a few moded ones. So a loser would really stand out.

If smaller stepans would work better, where could I find some smaller FBR? When I went to home depot they only had one size. GRRrrrr...

-Edit!

I don't think losing is awesome, it would just add to my mix of guns. None of them seem to be that accurate. Plus for 10.00 how can you go wrong?

Here are somethings that might help you.

1. Look at what you typed and tell me what went wrong.
2. Duct tape is terrible for seals. Use atleast electrical tape.
3. It's Stephans not Stepans.
4. Ace or Lowes might have the kind of Fbr you would want. It would be 1/2in foam. I believe you have 5/8in.

Hope I helped you.
"You've waged your war on nerves, but you can't crush the kingdom."

#8 The one donut

The one donut

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:01 PM

Don't worry about it.

-Edit!

Here are somethings that might help you.

1. Look at what you typed and tell me what went wrong.
2. Duct tape is terrible for seals. Use atleast electrical tape.
3. It's Stephans not Stepans.
4. Ace or Lowes might have the kind of Fbr you would want. It would be 1/2in foam. I believe you have 5/8in.

Hope I helped you.

1. Does "losing" Automatically translate to losing? Edit- Oh. My. Gosh. it does. What about S.n.i.p.i.n.g?
2. Just an experiment, but I'll give it a whirl
3. Ooops. >.>
4. Thanks! Home depot never has what I need. They didn't even have American flags! Just "bunting" or whatever it's called.

Edited by The_one_donut, 07 June 2010 - 05:03 PM.

Eat foam you pesky cats!

#9 THE MICHIGAN NERFER

THE MICHIGAN NERFER

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

Haha! One of the best features of the filter! I can't believe it changes s n i p i n g to losing. <- :blush: That didn't say losing when I typed it. I love it! And yes, typically, smaller darts do get better ranges. Fwehehe! Losing...

Edited by THE_MICHIGAN_NERFER, 07 June 2010 - 05:21 PM.

#10 ultimatenerf 320

ultimatenerf 320

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

What are your darts weighted with? And I would suggest a 16" barrel and gooping it on.
I am not Mr.fail, but I am just-ever-so-slightly-insane.
"don't srcew with me, I have badass sword-fighting skills."
FL wars are amazing and Effeminate.

#11 The one donut

The one donut

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

What are your darts weighted with? And I would suggest a 16" barrel and gooping it on.

I used a bunch of hot glue, and with the few I had, fishing weights.
Eat foam you pesky cats!

#12 moosa

moosa

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:51 AM

You could snap some pictures for us. They can often really help people help you.

Edited by moosa, 08 June 2010 - 07:54 AM.

Yes.

#13 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

I did something similar with the Cobra.

But instead of FBR I used Foam marshmallows. The same craft foam used for foam flipflops. But they are craft marshmallows (for aesthetics not edible)

Cobra stefans

I used a 1" washer at the tip of the marshmallow. Sublimedom and I shot each other to test if it was war worthy. OMG yes it is ridiculouly powerful but the large "dart" dissipates the energy. Not like shootinga normal stefan which can pierce thru the bottom of a Monster drink can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users