Triple Coupler’d Bbbb

Hella Versatility

11 replies to this topic

#1 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:12 AM

I have been making efforts recently to try build blasters that will last through changes in trends like dart size and type, advances in barrel and clip technology, and use of alternate ammo like missiles and arrows without becoming obscure/useless/under used.

A lot of this is I really have little time (and yes, liquid capital) for modding so I try to get as much functionality out of each mod as I can. Here is how to jam THREE couplers onto a 4B, but really you could put the trip coup adapter on anything.

Here are materials, labeled for your convenience. You will also need adhesive (I recommend epoxy and goop) and hotglue for the dead space killin’.
Posted Image

Start by encasing you ½” cpvc coupler within two ½” pvc couplers.
Posted Image

Put that bad boy onto the nub end of your 4B and let dry. You could stop here if you just wanted the two but let’s push the envelope.
Posted Image

Put over the first segment a piece of 1 ¼” PVC and secure with strong adhesive, marine epoxy used here. It is GENEROUSLY used on the inside and outside here. You will want these strongly secured as repeated barrel removal and jamming in place can rip the couplers right off.
Posted Image

Kill the dead space and add stability with hotglue.
Posted Image

Goop your 1 ¼” adapter on there.
Posted Image

Put the internals back in place, BTW this will require some very creative shell cutting.
Posted Image

BAM: CPVC!
Posted Image

BAM: PVC for megas or clips.
Posted Image

BAM: large caliber for barrel pods or other silliness.
Posted Image

And yes: I painted it skin color.
Posted Image

I call it The Flesh! My wife said “that’s ghey, just call it Your Penis”. I think this means I win :)
Posted Image
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#2 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:10 AM

I like this, most people just shot gun then using a reducer going back into the 1/2 coupler, which just looks dam ugly. This also keeps the shotgunned barrels held level and not weighted down in the front which angles the barrels down and lowers range.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#3 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:59 PM

Pretty creative set-up with the couplers, but couldn't you make this half the size by cutting the CPVC and PVC couplers in half? It would reduce the weight, and increase durability. That would also allow you to put the hopper clip coming up out of the shell. Oh, and about the clip... why is it placed horizontally? You'd have to turn the gun sideways or something before shooting, which kind of defeats the purpose of a hopper clip.
Nevertheless it's pretty cool; I like how you have the shotgun there, but also the capability to use different barrel materials for different occasions.

Edited by Broderick, 02 June 2010 - 03:00 PM.

#4 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:05 PM

I like this.

I just use a 1 1/4" - 1/2" reducing coupler on my big guns but this would definitely make things easier on the fly.

Also, you really only ever need a 1/2" sch40 coupler because you can just jam 1/2" CPVC into a small nub of 1/2" sch40 pvc.

I'm also curious about the hopper off to the side. It doesn't fire that way does it?

#5 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:40 PM

This is pretty cool, it should get added to the mod directory.
It's a nice, solid, reliable mod. I'll defiantly be doing this next time I get my hands on a 4b.

#6 nerf22

nerf22

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:52 PM

Thank you so much. I have to try this.
It's Nerf or Nothin'

Oh and Three Days Grace rocks!!

#7 ficksterkid

ficksterkid

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

Another Spano mod!
That is cool, so many attachments for one gun. I would suggest cutting the shell back alittle more, it seems rather hard to pull the shotgun spread out.
Great job.

#8 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

1) couldn't you make this half the size by cutting the CPVC and PVC couplers in half?

2) Oh, and about the clip... why is it placed horizontally? You'd have to turn the gun sideways or something before shooting, which kind of defeats the purpose of a hopper clip.

3) Nevertheless it's pretty cool;

1) I could have, but I filled the space between the inside of the 1/2" PVC and the release valve with generous amounts of Epoxy. Also a half-sawn CPVC-in-PVC would not fit over the nub…and I don’t trust my cuts to be 100% straight every time.

2) Gangsta, yo.

3) Much thanks.

I like this.

1) This would definitely make things easier on the fly.

2) You can just jam 1/2" CPVC into a small nub of 1/2" sch40 pvc.

3) I'm also curious about the hopper off to the side. It doesn't fire that way does it?

1) Truth.

2) I just discovered the endless potential of this, unfortunately the mod was long done before I did.

3) Gangsta, yo.

This is pretty cool, it should get added to the mod directory.

Those are the maddest of props. HELLS yes 

Thank you so much. I have to try this.

Titties Golores, Senor.

1) Another Spano mod!

2) I would suggest cutting the shell back a little more, it seems rather hard to pull the shotgun spread out.

3) Great job.

1) You bet your ass :D

2) Yes, it is actually unusable with my 2” barrel pods, but if I cut the shell…I couldn’t be gangsta, yo.

3) Midewest love.

Gangsta, yo. 100% inspiration from Shorts at St. Paul Late Fall.
Posted Image
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#9 ficksterkid

ficksterkid

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:43 AM

... but if I cut the shell…I couldn’t be gangsta, yo.
Gangsta, yo. 100% inspiration from Shorts at St. Paul Late Fall.
Posted Image

Now I get why the hopper is sideways. Nice!
P.S. Your clenched fist just adds to the effect.

#10 Pearson2

Pearson2

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

Darn you beat me to it. I have one of these (minus the third barrel) just drying up on my big blast. Its great seeing what it looks like done. Well done.
Crooked: Did you see that guy who singled a doomsayer?

Pearson: Why would you single a doomsayer? Thats like taking a Ferarri and putting family seating in it.

#11 phillypretzel

phillypretzel

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:31 AM

What a great fucking idea! Can't believe I never thought of this- thanks, yo. And I dig the flesh colored 4B... kinda reminds me of one of those giant, fist shaped dildos... :P

#12 Foam Ninja

Foam Ninja

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:01 PM

. . . And I dig the flesh colored 4B... kinda reminds me of one of those giant, fist shaped dildos... B)

Indicating that your about to be shafted.

I love this thing it combines versatility and pain all in one package and it's really clean.

Edited by Foam Ninja, 05 June 2010 - 07:01 PM.

QUOTE(Soothsayer @ Jul 18 2010, 03:51 PM) View Post

Still haven't beat Foam Ninja in a sword fight

1.The baby would blow up do to being made of pure fail.
2.I GIVE UP! I AM GETTING MY GAS ELSEWHERE!!
-Nerf Mafia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users