72 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

Posted Image

Here's another new gun coming from Nerf. It'll be on all the social networking sites tomorrow. In the meantime here's the email I got about it and everything I know:

Hi #$&#*@,

Hope you’re doing well. I have some more Nerf news to share with you and the Nerf Haven community about the N-Strike Barrel Break IX-2.

· Available in August

· Exclusively at Toys R Us

· Double-shot blaster

· Features a Tactical Ammo Storage accessory with room for 8 additional darts

I’ve attached an image of the N-Strike Barrel Break IX-2 blaster in package. Again, we won’t be announcing this info on our Facebook or Twitter pages until tomorrow but we're sharing it with you and a select few other fan sites today.

Please let me know if you need anything else or have any questions $*#&$%, and thanks!

Best,
$*#&$

New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

Woah! It's a break action shotgun! And it's small! Sawn-off shotguns anyone?

I am actually excited about this. One time I had a thought:
"What if Nerf made a small double-barrel shotgun, like the Doubleshot only better/smaller?"
And then this happened. Out of nowhere. This looks pretty neat.

The rail clip ammo holder seems useful, and if nothing else cool looking. I wonder when this one's being released? Possibly alongside the Alpha-Trooper...

Thanks, Hasbro!

\/\/--Echnalaid, I feel like if it's called the Break Barrel it should load from the rear of the barrels. The barrels look too long to load from the front anyway. However, with the heads of the darts being larger the bodies, and the guaranteed presence of AR's, I can't imagine how it'd be loaded.

Edited by Captain, 25 May 2010 - 08:55 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#3 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

Damn! I'm buying 5 (depending on the price)
But what of the possibility that the double barrels are just fake like on CS series blasters and you load in the darts from the front of the main body?

Edited by Echnalaid, 25 May 2010 - 08:48 PM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#4 LotusNerf

LotusNerf

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

Damn! I'm buying 5 (depending on the price)
But what of the possibility that the double barrels are just fake like on CS series blasters and you load in the darts from the front of the main body?

That's true, it shoots sonics.

With all the blasters in mind, I am disappointed by the new blasters coming out. This one might be the only one I would buy because of its different mechanics from all the others.

Edited by LotusNerf, 25 May 2010 - 09:11 PM.

#5 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

I assume they aren't gonna use shells. If they do I might have to stop buying N-strike guns all together.
I am curios to see how they load the darts. I am definitely going to buy it.
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#6 LEPrecon

LEPrecon

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

Not to turn this in to a speculation thread, but it looks as though the barrels "break" in FRONT of the ammo holders. Kinda disappointing, but it still looks sweet.

#7 TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:24 PM

The ammo holders are a tacticool rail accessory. That could be useful. Well, it's refreshing to see a new n-strike gun that does not involve clips for a change.
Looking for other MA nerfers

#8 NerfHunter03

NerfHunter03

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:32 PM

The ammo holders are a tacticool rail accessory. That could be useful. Well, it's refreshing to see a new n-strike gun that does not involve clips for a change.

Dang... was just gonna say the same thing! That rail would be a pretty cool addition to the N-Strike Accessories.
BritNerfMogul:
We should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them...

#9 nostyleguy

nostyleguy

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:59 PM

wow, this came out of nowhere. Usually we've got leaked tid bits from other source before the official announcements.

Anyway, Is the gray priming 'grip' on the back necessarily indicative of a reverse plunger? Unfortunately, I think it is because there wouldn't be enough internal room to have a normal plunger pulled back without it sticking out.

At least the ammo holder looks cool :)

#10 Coal Ten

Coal Ten

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

Is the gray priming 'grip' on the back necessarily indicative of a reverse plunger?

I don't think that is a priming grip; kids most likely wouldn't like having to open the barrel, pop in a dart, close the barrel, and then prime the gun. My bet is that it primes with the break away barrel, similar to how a double shot is primed.

I looked on the taobao website to see if there were any other pictures of it, but I couldn't find any for sale.

#11 tomorrowsDarkness

tomorrowsDarkness

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

Looks like win, but is it going to be worth the money and time it takes to mod it? Hopefully it's not too bad, but until then, I'm definitely buying one as soon as I see it in stores. Heck, I might have to buy three, One to keep stock, and two to mod just in case I fuck it up xD
Elder of the Brothers Bradshaw.

#12 Massacrer

Massacrer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

Looks up you can break open the thing.. Look at the screws in the pictures....

#13 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

Looks up you can break open the thing.. Look at the screws in the pictures....

Oh, you mean like a Barrel Break IX-2? That would be crazy.

It looks like it might even have 2 plungers in it, which would be interesting to see, reverse or not.

Edited by cheyner, 25 May 2010 - 11:14 PM.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#14 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

Nice, a lever action blaster from Nerf. It's nice to see something non-breech operating. I'll probably buy this one, even if for sheer novelty.

#15 GeshmanWG

GeshmanWG

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:20 AM

I assume they aren't going to use shells. If they do I might have to stop buying N-strike guns all together.
I am curios to see how they load the darts. I am definitely going to buy it.

I doubt they will use shells.
1) Why would they advertise the ammo holder if it doesn't hold the shells you need to fire it.
2) That would make it a lot like the double shot which would probably make them lose part of their market. Wheras, if it is significantly different from the double shot, there will be more reason to buy one instead of a double shot.
3) There has never been a shell loaded nerf gun (I'm pretty sure but not 100% positive) but there has been two shot nerf guns before ie splitshot.

#16 Roger Explosion

Roger Explosion

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

Ooh, I like the look of this one. should make a fine entry into my fun gun collection.

Its obviously reverse plunger. you can tell by the name IX-2. where IX stands for inverted plunger. (EG. Scout IX-3, Reflex IX-1). It will probably be just 2 eliminators stuck together.

Nerf seem to be pouring out the guns this year.

#17 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:54 AM

Something unique from the N-strike line? WHAAAAAAT!?!?

It also has a useful tacticool accessory (ie. not a "scope" or "lazor/flashlight")

I'm stoked. Can't wait to see how it works.

#18 Vinnie D

Vinnie D

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:10 AM

Actually if it functions like the reflex and eliminator (as the IX name implies) then a reverse plunger would be good for it, since the dart barrel would be inside the plunger tube, and thus applying the entirety of the air displacement to the dart (no dead space). If it works like that it could blow the double shot out of the water, as long as the price stays reasonable. More air displacement, no shells.

I can already see sawing it down a little more, modding it for steffans (possibly a coupler involved), and having a great side arm out of it. Though compared to that it looks like more of just for fun kind of gun, though those I can appreciate in their own right.

#19 burntcustard

burntcustard

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:14 AM

It looks like it has some sort of clips on the black piece on the side of the blaster, what do people think those could be for? In my opinion they look slightly too functional to be just for aesthetic purposes.

Also, that "Tactical Ammo Storage accessory" looks like it might be great for NiteFinder rifles.

No one has mentioned that.. nowhere on the box does it say that each barrel can fire independently. Only being able to fire both barrels simultaneously would make the blaster rather crap in my opinion.
~βμґηtçμştąґd~

#20 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:16 AM

It's nerf, but now with double the amount of reverse plungers!

Even though its probably a reverse plunger, this is the only new nerf gun I will consider buying. This seems unique, unlike the last 5 or so nerf guns.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#21 teamturbo95

teamturbo95

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:05 AM

Wow! This thing looks amazing! Hopefully it won't have a reverse plunger tube even though it probably does.

#22 Paragon19

Paragon19

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

3) There has never been a shell loaded nerf gun (I'm pretty sure but not 100% positive) but there has been two shot nerf guns before ie splitshot.

The Vulcan's belt is comprised of "shells". I mean, take a look at Lanard's belt fed gun, and compare those shells to the ones included with the Double Shot. I've always been under the impression they were exactly the same, just with hinges to attach.

That said, I don't think it'll use shells either, because of the rail attachment. I'm just saying that if they wanted to, they already have something they could use.

#23 meatballica

meatballica

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:03 AM

I know this sounds blasphemous but keep in mind it has been a while sence nerf has a made an air-powered gun... I am hopeing where the area where the barrel breaks it would not be impossible to open it up without sawing through the hinge in that area thus possibly destroying the gun or the hinge part probably.
"You've waged your war on nerves, but you can't crush the kingdom."

#24 ultimatenerf 320

ultimatenerf 320

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:53 PM

It looks like it "breaks" right in front of the ammo holders. And then you would have small barrels inside the gun and the front faux barrel is just fake. But I could be proven wrong. We will just have to wait and see.
I am not Mr.fail, but I am just-ever-so-slightly-insane.
"don't srcew with me, I have badass sword-fighting skills."
FL wars are amazing and Effeminate.

#25 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hmm, kinda bites since you would only get 5 shots with the ammo loaded, and the barrel pre-loaded! (pending if it shoots both at the same time) Still, it would be fun for a zombie game!

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users