Photo

Nerf Drum Mag Improvement

11 replies to this topic

#1 Twig Ee

Twig Ee

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:19 AM

My Drum magazine keeps failing me by causing my long-strike to jam. Is there anyway to improve the drum magazine to advance bullets more quickly because if I have to shoot rapidly the bullets keep jamming in the worst way possible. They fold up in the barrel and are completely destroyed and I have to jam a stick in the barrel to remove them.
-TwigEe, Thank you for tolerating me :)

#2 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

Here's an idea: If it jams when you shoot really fast don't shoot fast!

Otherwise maybe the weight is offsetting it, as in the spring in the mechanism that holds the clips in place isn't strong enough to hold the drum in the proper place.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#3 TheJoker

TheJoker

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

I had this problem too. I suggest taking all the darts out and leaving it alone for awhile. It seemed to work for me.
QUOTE(Spaztic_75 @ Oct 20 2003, 05:36 PM) View Post

I've always prefered cocks simply because their easier to modify and they take less time to shoot because you don't need to pump like 20 times to shoot."

#4 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

Is there anyway to improve the drum magazine to advance bullets more quickly

Otherwise maybe the weight is offsetting it, as in the spring in the mechanism that holds the clips in place isn't strong enough to hold the drum in the proper place.

You can't improve the force of the spring - it's a constant-force spring whose strength is dependent on the size of the reel it's wound around.

Cheez has the right idea - you could glue some thin styrene sheet or other plastic to the inside of the blaster to try and decrease the magazine's wiggle room. The jamming probably isn't caused by the clip advancing slowly, but by attempting to load a dart when the clip is at an angle.

Edited by Zack the Mack, 07 March 2010 - 02:30 PM.

Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#5 Twig Ee

Twig Ee

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

The way I fight in a Nerf war, I need rapid firing. Thank you everyone for the suggestions.
-TwigEe, Thank you for tolerating me :)

#6 Dude13

Dude13

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

The way I fight in a Nerf war, I need rapid firing. Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

Practice cycling the bolt completely. My raider (which is pretty much equal to a long-strike/recon/deploy) never jams when I shoot quickly. All you have to do is pull the bolt all the way back and push it forward until it clicks. Practice that and is shouldn't jam.

#7 Rylan

Rylan

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:05 AM

If you want rapid fire, use a raider
I ride my bicycle everywhere
Because I can

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

Stop calling them bullets.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#9 iknowmy3tables

iknowmy3tables

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

They fold up in the barrel and are completely destroyed and I have to jam a stick in the barrel to remove them.

that doesn't sound like a problem with the drum mag, it's a problem with the bolt and the door, what happens is that the bolt pushes the dart into the sliding door but for some reason or another the dart isn't pushed in as deep as it should be, so the dart is being rammed into the door as it moves down causing the dart to bend. this problem may arise if you used an extra long drill bit to drill through the AR or still have the AR intact,

what you need to do is take a drill bit that's a close fit to the inside of the bolt or about the diameter of a dart and drill into the remains of the AR, this way the dart has plenty of space to move back when the bolt moves forward

#10 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

Zack: I'm not talking about the damn spring in the drum, I'm talking about the one INSIDE THE GUN. You know, the little orange fluorescent one that's in the region of where the clip goes in that goes into the slot in the slide of the clip/drum? The spring behind that may not be able to handle the weight of the drum.

*facepalm* If you need a rapidly firing gun get a magstrike and do the 3 clip mod.

Edited by death by cheez, 12 March 2010 - 07:23 PM.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#11 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:17 AM

Longshots jam... That's why the first thing I do is cut the magazine off...

Raider Jams less.... You think maybe the breech system redesign on the raider was to repair the jamming LS problem?

Its simple, USE THE RAIDER!
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#12 alphanerf

alphanerf

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:09 PM

Is there anyway to improve the drum magazine to advance bullets more quickly

Yeah, my raider jams too. I pounded a metal rod into the part where the darts load on my blaster and it took like 1 millimeter off the inside and it gave the dart more room to get "snug" in the part.

I'M NOT A NERF BRAINIAC! DON'T CRITIZISE ME!
My mom says I have more guns than the pentagon.

92% of teens would cry if Miley Cyrus was about to jump off a building.
If you are part of the 8% who would say "Jump B****, JUMP!!!!" . . .
Copy and paste this in your signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users