Deploy Mod Help Needed!

spring replacement

8 replies to this topic

#1 kevfucius

kevfucius

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

ok so obviously the new cs-6 deploy is out, and I have spent the last week or two opening a couple of them up trying to do whatever possible to make the range suck ass just a little bit less. Of course one of the first things I intended to do is a spring replacement mod (which works so well in guns we all love such as the longshot and recon). This is where I encountered my real problem, I can't find a single damn spring that will actually work!!! I have tried using springs from a variety of other nerf guns as well as going to every local home depot and ace hardware, and yet despite all of my efforts I have yet to find a good spring for a replacement. If anyone has any ideas or knowledge about a spring I could use for a replacement mod, or for that matter any other mod I can use to improve range/accuracy which I have not already attempted. Also I am currently trying to find a streamline mod that ACTUALLY WORKS well if anyone has any ideas I am open to that as well. Basically what I am saying here people is that I am dying with the mediocrity of my deploy which I actually really love and want to use, so please help me improve my range!!! thanks guys

#2 Foam Ninja

Foam Ninja

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:31 PM

If you give us a list of the springs you have already tried that would be quite useful.

EDIT: Also try getting rid of that AR.

Edited by Foam Ninja, 09 May 2010 - 05:32 PM.

QUOTE(Soothsayer @ Jul 18 2010, 03:51 PM) View Post

Still haven't beat Foam Ninja in a sword fight

1.The baby would blow up do to being made of pure fail.
2.I GIVE UP! I AM GETTING MY GAS ELSEWHERE!!
-Nerf Mafia

#3 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

For a spring replacement you are going to want to use an ERTL Rapid Fire Shotgun spring. That's the only spring replacement for a recon/deploy that I've heard of. There's also the removing AR, and possibly building a brass breech for it.
EDIT: Foam Ninja beat me to posting first, but you really don't need to list the springs. If they don't work, they don't work...
Edit2: Fixed the grammatical errors, I was on my phone and made a few mistakes, haha.

Edited by Broderick, 09 May 2010 - 11:19 PM.

#4 kevfucius

kevfucius

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

for a spring replacement you are going to want to use an ERTL Rapid Fire Shotgun spring. That's the only spring replacement for a recon/deploy that I've heard of. There's also the removing AR, andposibly building a brass breech for it.
EDIT: foam ninja beat me to posting first, but you really don't need to list the springs. If they don't work, they don't work...

I have already removed the AR and that helped a little bit, plus I also dropped an airsoft BB into the tip of the streamlines i shoot after removing the AR and that helps a little but none of it is really doing what i need, which is to zip these things clean across the backyard with accuracy in the heat of a battle, and i fear only a spring improvement will do that. Thanks for the replies guys, do you know if the ERTL spring is effective in adding range or is it just a similar spring that will also fit? do you have any idea where to get one? I have been to pretty much every store that sells nerf guns (wal mart target toys r us) and never seen such a blaster...

about the only spring i havent tried is one from a recon but only because i assume even if it worked it wouldnt be much of an upgrade.... i am aching to add some range and accuracy to this thing because i love the shotgun style grip reload and i have a drum clip for it so if i could just make it shoot a little further it would be the perfect main for a skirmish....i guess i am too spoiled on my old longshot (which recently broke from overmodding) which shot further than god and now nothing else seems to compare....

ps i have no clue how to do a brass breach but would be willing to ttry if i had any clue how it worked...

#5 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

Please try to post with correct grammer speling and grammer, I'm just trying to help you out before a mod kills you in your sleap for it.

On to the springs, From what I know, an ERTL Rapid Fire Shotgun, is sold at most out door supplies/hunting shops, such as Cabellas. Also, it would add a good bit of range, those are not weak springs. If you were to add a RFSG (Rapid Fire Shotgun apreviation) spring, then you would most likely also need to reinforce the gun. I can't help you with that though, nobody has posted a write up yet. Though, feel free to make your own.
01:15 N9> The problem with nerfers: We're around plastic. Plastic contains estrogenic compounds, so we're more feminine than the rest of the world.

WTF, are you in Tony Stark's basement!?'

#6 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

I can't help you with that though, nobody has posted a write up yet. Though, feel free to make your own.

Uh, someone Has
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#7 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

Sorry, Rouge. I must have missed it.
01:15 N9> The problem with nerfers: We're around plastic. Plastic contains estrogenic compounds, so we're more feminine than the rest of the world.

WTF, are you in Tony Stark's basement!?'

#8 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

In leu of a RFSG spring, you could add a 1/2" section of 3/4" Thinwall pvc on the outside of the plungertube to act as a preload spacer. This will give you a slight increase in power, though not as much as the RFSG would. In any event--I highly suggest my PlungerTube reinforcement method---as the increased power means an increased chance of blowing the PT apart. This happened with my first heavily modded Deploy after less than 30 shots with the RFSG spring replacement. After I did the reinforcement, I took the second Deploy I made to CFNF #3---where I used it all day with no issues.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#9 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

In leu of a RFSG spring, you could add a 1/2" section of 3/4" Thinwall pvc on the outside of the plungertube to act as a preload spacer. This will give you a slight increase in power, though not as much as the RFSG would. In any event--I highly suggest my PlungerTube reinforcement method---as the increased power means an increased chance of blowing the PT apart. This happened with my first heavily modded Deploy after less than 30 shots with the RFSG spring replacement. After I did the reinforcement, I took the second Deploy I made to CFNF #3---where I used it all day with no issues.

Oh right, I forgot about that. I haven't modified a Recon with a RFSG spring in it, so I didn't think about it.
However, if you're looking for this accuracy across the yard in a war, I think that a different gun would suit you better, unless you live in a newly-developed cookie-cutter style house with a postage stamp backyard. Maybe something like a Quadshot, or an RSCB'd Big Blast or something? They'd be easier to modify than a Deploy, I'll tell you that. I hate these new reverse plunger guns; very intricate internal placement with little results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users