Photo

3k Tubing

7 replies to this topic

#1 Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

Hi everyone, I've removed the goo gauge on my 3k, and have fitted the tubing from the tank to the pump via heating the tubing towards the end to pull it over the stub on the pump. My problem is, It fits easily, but without glue it doesn't leak but can't take any pressure, with glue, it can take the pressure that circulates through the tubing, but leaks. Any help would be appreciated!
Shrimp!

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:04 AM

Get some gorrila super glue and lather the nub in it. Stick the tubing on that and let it cure. Get your goop, and make a ring around it. You should be good.

#3 moosa

moosa

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:40 AM

If it leaks you need to seal the leak, to be frank.
Yes.

#4 nostyleguy

nostyleguy

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:10 AM

This is how I re-tube air guns.

1. Super glue the new tubing onto/into its new destination.
2. Apply an excessive amount of goop all around the connection.
3. Fill the system with pressure via the pump until the (still mostly un-set) goop blows a bubble and starts to leak
4. Re-apply Goop, spending extra care to cover the weak spot thoroughly.
5. Let it set for at least 24 hours.

Hasn't failed me yet.

#5 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

Why not just get a barbed fitting?

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#6 fallinouttadabox

fallinouttadabox

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

Use a really small hose clamp.
fallinouttadabox (intentionally lowercase): sometimes you want to be somewhere between thinking in the box and thinking out of the box. Trust me, I would know.

#7 mammmania

mammmania

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

also, if you don't want to fix it look at a hobby shop. they should have it, at least mine does. it's actually fuel tubing used for gas powered rc cars.
The problem is not that it's a bad idea; the problem is that I've no intention of reading them.
-vacc

www.1227.com
dont click this!!!

#8 phillypretzel

phillypretzel

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

I've redone a few air powered guns recently, including a 3k, and have found the best way to accomplish what you are trying to do is by using barbed fittings and new vinyl tubing. The stock tubing of a 3k is 6mm od, 4mm id (since they are manufactured somewhere in asia). Living in the US, imperial sized tubing is MUCH easier to find: the downside is it won't exactly fit the metric fittings on the pump or tank. So my advice is to go to your local Ace hardware store and grab some vinyl tubing (I prefer the largest id that would be practical), and some straight matching barbed fittings. Cut the fitting in half, and JB Weld one half to the tank, the other to the pump, and run your new kink-free hose. Properly matched tubing and fittings generally won't require any Goop for an air tight seal (though you can if you want). By the way, these materials will set you back $2, maybe $3 and is the ONLY way to guarantee a leak and drama free blaster. Continuing to mess with the factory tubing will prove leaky and problematic at best.

Edit: Ha just saw death by cheez said the same thing in a far less long winded fashion. We're right. and nothing is more freaking irritating than an unreliable blaster. Do it right or regret it.

Edited by phillypretzel, 20 May 2010 - 09:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users