Externally Singled Hornet (for Power)

Now 100% Shirtless-Boy Free!

35 replies to this topic

#26 mak-2012

mak-2012

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

This is an example of what can be achieved with some inginuity. Very intuative. A portable compressor or air tank would greatly add to your Rate of Fire. I also love how the person you shot out of the tree is black. (Laugh, I'm not a racist) But don't add a magazine. It will rob your gun of it's most valuable perk, its range.

Just some suggestions.

Kudos

mak-2012
Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit. But it is wit none-the-less.

#27 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:03 PM

I better see this at SPANO. Inovation counts for double points, duct tape an eliminator on there and you are golden.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#28 Coffeepillow

Coffeepillow

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

I better see this at SPANO. Inovation counts for double points, duct tape an eliminator on there and you are golden.

Oh, you will for sure. It'll be my first Nerf war that isn't just a group of my friends. I don't have an eliminator, but I do have 2 sspbs that were on clearance and a few other sidearms. I'll probably have this, my modded LS and a modded NF on me for the war.

I am currently working on the gun now. Just came to grab a flashlight in case the storm knocks the power out.

I plugged the OPRV (it was a lot easier than I had thought), I am filling the space behind where the tubes connect to the barrel, I sawed the barrel down a bit more and I am adding a sight. I have a scope from an old, broken telescope that I had as a kid, maybe I will add that for kicks ;)

Edited by Coffeepillow, 30 April 2010 - 11:30 PM.

#29 Coffeepillow

Coffeepillow

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:28 AM

This is an example of what can be achieved with some inginuity. Very intuative. A portable compressor or air tank would greatly add to your Rate of Fire. I also love how the person you shot out of the tree is black. (Laugh, I'm not a racist) But don't add a magazine. It will rob your gun of it's most valuable perk, its range.

Just some suggestions.

Kudos

mak-2012

The person is colored in black to show that he is far away, and because I was being lazy... I would love to see someone add an air compressor to this, it would be pretty sweet.

#30 Coffeepillow

Coffeepillow

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:01 AM

Hey guys, check out this awesome scope I added to my Hornet,

Posted Image

Haha, just kidding. But really, I filled in the space behind the tubes in the main barrel and added a sight using the old sight from the hornet and a ring from the LS front gun, plugged the OPRV and whatnot. Unfortunately, Minnesota's weather can vary from windy hellstorm to a tropical paradise in seconds, so I have not been able to get any full measurements as of late. What I have been able to do is shoot a dart from one end of my house to the other, which is 110', without hitting the ground, so I have made some headway in the range.

I'll try to get those to you as soon as the weather dies down.

#31 moosa

moosa

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:34 PM

Hey guys, check out this awesome scope I added to my Hornet

Made me lol.
Yes.

#32 NerfManAUS

NerfManAUS

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

Okay, im the noobiest person on this forum and have a hornet that id like to single. So at the part in where you make the breech, could you lighten that up for me or someone help me on how to do that exactly.

Any help appreciated.

Ty.

#33 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

Okay, im the noobiest person on this forum and have a hornet that id like to single. So at the part in where you make the breech, could you lighten that up for me or someone help me on how to do that exactly.

Any help appreciated.

Ty.

To make a breach you take your barrel sheath and cut out a section of it to fit your darts. Then you cut your barrel to your desired length. Depending on the material of your sheath and barrel you might have to modify your barrel or sheath to have them fit properly. I know that this isn't detailed but this should give you the jist of making a basic breach.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#34 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

Any help appreciated.

Ty.

Here's a good video on how to make a breech.

#35 Coffeepillow

Coffeepillow

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:46 AM

Any help appreciated.

Ty.

If you want a better idea of how I set up my breeches with the cut up shells, you can check out my singled doubleshot mod as well Singled Doubleshot Mod

As for the rest of ya, still trying to get a good time to go outside and get accurate ranges with the improvements.

#36 NerfManAUS

NerfManAUS

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:11 AM

Thanks guys, you've been a big help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users