HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

Recap

The time has come...

For...

SPANO 2010

The biggest Nerf War of the summer for Minnesota, among the biggest in the Midwest, at an awesome classic location, at the best time of year to play, with some of the coolest people you'll ever play with. You are guaranteed to have an awesome time.

Time
June 26th, 9am to 5pm

Juniper Lane, St. Paul, MN. 55116
The classic SPANO location. It's spiffy, and also pretty at this time of year.

Posted Image

Rules

The Important Stuff
Slug darts only, no blaster bans, no melee, no shields, no barrel taps, wear eye protection

Allowed Ammo
  • Slug darts
  • Any type of stock ammo
Ammo which must be reviewed by the war host
  • Darts with some sort of padded tip. If they are comparable to Slug darts in terms of pain and safety, I will allow it.
  • Weird ammo. Examples: homemade arrows, iron man launcher ammo, or any other sort of projectile that you might come up with. If it is safe and fun, I will allow it.
Disallowed Ammo:
  • Traditional Stefans with hot glue domes. These hurt like hell.
  • Darts with very heavy weights in them. Example: ¼ slingshot weights are okay for megas, but not cool with micros. Use common sense.
Blasters
  • Generally speaking, I don't ban blasters. Singled Titans, Hopper clips, HPA tanks, converted water guns, homemade airguns, etc. are all cool with me. That said, don't be an idiot.
  • Don't paint your blaster black. We get enough shit from cops already.
  • "Pistols" are one-handed blasters that shoot under 65ft, and must be re-primed after every shot. An exception is made for doubleshots, because they're cool.
Other stuff
  • Eye protection is required during play, no exception.
  • Melee weapons are not allowed.
  • Shields are not allowed.
  • Barrel taps are not allowed. You must actually shoot your opponent, or ask them to take the hit (e.g., if they're out of ammo and you don't want to shoot them at very close range).
  • Gun hits count. Ricochets do not.
Game rules
  • Game rules constantly change, so I won't be writing them down.
  • We'll democratically decide what game to play next, and what rules to use. "Democratically" means "I will listen to what everyone wants, but ultimately I make the decision".
  • Generally speaking, we will not be playing deathmatch or pistol rounds. We will instead be focusing on objective-oriented games. We'll throw in a meatgrinder round to get everyone warmed up in the morning.
Miscellaneous logistics
  • We'll be breaking for lunch at around noon.
  • Naturally, bring lots of darts.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 26 June 2010 - 11:45 PM.

#2 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

Let me know what dates work best for you. The current date is not set in stone, but I want to finalize it so that people can make travel plans well in advance. We want good out-of-state presence at this war. Come and represent.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 25 April 2010 - 09:00 PM.

#3 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

This date works very well for me, I am there with hopefully a car full of people.

#4 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

I am a maybe. I have one question though how far away is the mall of America from the war location.
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#5 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:55 PM

I am a maybe. I have one question though how far away is the mall of America from the war location.

It's about a 15 minute drive.

Nice job with the thread Beaver, I'm glad that I reminded you to do this early. This is the 4th Annual SPANO, not the 3rd. Last year we had the war at 9am, which might be something for you to consider. I liked it a lot, because we got more rounds in before lunch, and if people were late it isn't as bad. Provided the Pagoda isn't reserved, going there earlier would also make us more likely to have a claim on the park. Also, your link for the location would most certainly be confusing to anyone who hasn't been here before. Add this address: Juniper Lane, St Paul, MN 55116. That leads right up to the staging area. For anyone unfamiliar with the park, go into street view on Google Maps at that spot, look around until you see a playground on there. To the side of the playground there is a Pagoda, that is where we usually have the staging area. If that happens to be taken over, we will have the staging area somewhere else nearby, it shouldn't be hard to find if you know that.

Also, if anyone from out of the area needs a place to stay, my place should be available, if my parents are okay with it. My house is about 20 minutes from this location. It's a bit farther than a lot of the other nerfer's homes, but I have lots of space, spare beds, and couches.

Edited by venom213, 25 April 2010 - 10:09 PM.

#6 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

Ooh, I hope I can go...

Dependent on a few things, like getting jobs and stuff, so I'm a maybe for now. Should be able to say for sure in a week or so.

#7 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

I'll know in June.

Someone get Brandon to come.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#8 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:19 AM

The 19th is good for me. I'm pretty sure I'll be busy the weekend after, so hopefully it doesn't get moved back.

Edit: I probably won't be so busy that I can't show up for some of the day the weekend after, so it's not a complete loss for me if we have to bump it back.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 26 April 2010 - 05:05 PM.

"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#9 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:11 AM

I'd really, really prefer the weekend after, if at all possible. I could make a few rounds on the 19th, but I'll just be passing through on the tail end of vacation.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#10 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

IN!!! The 19th is just great for me.

I am head-over-heals in love with you Beev and you Ven for perpetuating the planning of wars a good 6 weeks out, this makes every possible aspect of attending and preparation easier…like having blasters other than a Sonic Baz and a DS to use.

Also, I will bring orange cones for the marking and I have “improved” the Santa/Princess to make her much more of a treat to rescue. I am very much in favor of more objective based games.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#11 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

I'll be making it to this or Chano... I'm going to wait until the date is official/more people are official to make a call though.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 26 April 2010 - 06:48 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#12 Eh Watt

Eh Watt

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

Yeah,the 19th should work for me. I'll try to make it, sounds good!

Edited by Eh_Watt?, 26 April 2010 - 01:56 PM.

John Hancock

#13 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

I'd be cool moving it to the weekend after, if it determines Carbon's attendance.

#14 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

I'd be cool moving it to the weekend after, if it determines Carbon's attendance.

Yes, let's tip the age-o-meter average towards MY end! I'm good for either weekend as the war host was nice enough to give us plenty of heads-up.
The Difference:

I do not play with guns.

#15 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

Well, we are out for this year.
We have no sig.

#16 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

I'll be there.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#17 Coffeepillow

Coffeepillow

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:25 AM

Awesome! I'll be there. Maybe someday we can have a war on the west side of the city.

#18 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:43 AM

Awesome! I'll be there. Maybe someday we can have a war on the west side of the city.

Yeah, I know for sure me and Velveeta would be down. All you east-siders have the big sweet parks, us westers only have….lakes…and swamps…
The Difference:

I do not play with guns.

#19 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:11 AM

SPANO ’10 Trading thread is up! http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=19406

I have out lined a new way to make this work, so any feedback you can PM me and we can refine the process in future threads. But what I’m hoping to do is basically each war attendee (who wants to) has ONE post that they continually update with new WT* things.

Not a normal trade thread with “actual” trading but create sort of a catalog of info that a person can easily peruse and get a snapshot of what will be avaiable or wanted at the war.

Also, it for SURE helps me keep my shit straight so I remember what to bring.

Just an experiment, but I think we can handle it and make effective use of this format.
The Difference:

I do not play with guns.

#20 LEPrecon

LEPrecon

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

Woot! I can be there.

Edited by LEPrecon, 27 April 2010 - 02:42 PM.

#21 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

Woot! I can be there.

Woah, another person from the South Metro, and just one town over! I guess that makes.....three of us.

#22 ficksterkid

ficksterkid

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:16 AM

The 19th would work better for me if I can come.

#23 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:56 PM

Date changed to the 26th of June, in order to facilitate Carbon's attendance ...unless a bunch of other people are unable to attend as a result. I'm also moving the start date to 9am.

I'm going to host another largish war before SPANO. I'll post it to the Haven soon.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 03 May 2010 - 05:00 PM.

#24 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:39 AM

I'm also moving the start date to 9am.

That will be good. I'll for sure be there for anything before noon.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#25 Eh Watt

Eh Watt

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

Date changed to the 26th of June, in order to facilitate Carbon's attendance ...unless a bunch of other people are unable to attend as a result. I'm also moving the start date to 9am.

9 am on a Saturday?! I'm out! :)

I'll be there still! My name doesn't appear to be on the list of attendees....

Edited by Eh_Watt?, 04 May 2010 - 08:04 PM.

John Hancock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users