The time has come...
The biggest Nerf War of the summer for Minnesota, among the biggest in the Midwest, at an awesome classic location, at the best time of year to play, with some of the coolest people you'll ever play with. You are guaranteed to have an awesome time.
June 26th, 9am to 5pm
Juniper Lane, St. Paul, MN. 55116
The classic SPANO location. It's spiffy, and also pretty at this time of year.
The Important Stuff
Slug darts only, no blaster bans, no melee, no shields, no barrel taps, wear eye protection
- Slug darts
- Any type of stock ammo
- Darts with some sort of padded tip. If they are comparable to Slug darts in terms of pain and safety, I will allow it.
- Weird ammo. Examples: homemade arrows, iron man launcher ammo, or any other sort of projectile that you might come up with. If it is safe and fun, I will allow it.
- Traditional Stefans with hot glue domes. These hurt like hell.
- Darts with very heavy weights in them. Example: ¼ slingshot weights are okay for megas, but not cool with micros. Use common sense.
- Generally speaking, I don't ban blasters. Singled Titans, Hopper clips, HPA tanks, converted water guns, homemade airguns, etc. are all cool with me. That said, don't be an idiot.
- Don't paint your blaster black. We get enough shit from cops already.
- "Pistols" are one-handed blasters that shoot under 65ft, and must be re-primed after every shot. An exception is made for doubleshots, because they're cool.
- Eye protection is required during play, no exception.
- Melee weapons are not allowed.
- Shields are not allowed.
- Barrel taps are not allowed. You must actually shoot your opponent, or ask them to take the hit (e.g., if they're out of ammo and you don't want to shoot them at very close range).
- Gun hits count. Ricochets do not.
- Game rules constantly change, so I won't be writing them down.
- We'll democratically decide what game to play next, and what rules to use. "Democratically" means "I will listen to what everyone wants, but ultimately I make the decision".
- Generally speaking, we will not be playing deathmatch or pistol rounds. We will instead be focusing on objective-oriented games. We'll throw in a meatgrinder round to get everyone warmed up in the morning.
- We'll be breaking for lunch at around noon.
- Naturally, bring lots of darts.
Edited by Daniel Beaver, 26 June 2010 - 11:45 PM.