Defining A Pistol.

(Grumpy old mans rantings)

8 replies to this topic

#1 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

People who know me know I HATE pistol rounds, I wanna fix that. In the last 10 wars Ive been to I have been shot in the face by someone shooting multiple weighted stefens from a pistolsplat 10 times.

Imo pistol rounds are completely stupid and unfair and the rules need to be more clearly defined but still simple enough for FNGs to understand. I want to write a list of my issues with pistol rounds and my reasons and then try to put it all into a short, simple couple of rules that I can use at my wars and maybe some other people will also find useful.

Pistol splats. If your blaster has a spring in it that is so heavy you need a metal fucking lever so you can prime it, ITS NOT A PISTOL.

Turreted nightfinders that shoot 80ft. This is your primary, you've been using it all day against my primary Im not going to put my primary blaster down just because it has a stock on it.

Mavericks, Furyfires, Tek10s, tek6s. You have a cpvc turret on your nightfinder but I can't use my furyfire? Are you fucking kidding me?

Recon (the bastard child of the nightfinder and the longshot) Its not a pistol, it comes in a box with a stock and rifle barrel. I actually think the recon is fair in a pistol round but recently everyone seems to think that a 35round drum is somehow also fair.

Dart Tag Blaster, Basically what the maverick should have been. Defiantly not dangerous to anyone playing, good ROF power limited by weak priming mech. If turrets are allowed in the round, I say its a pistol.

Wildfire,Powerclip,Magstrike and Rf20. These blasters are the perfect thing to make a pistol round exciting. Fast and Furious, Take forever to reload and prime, forces players to run and gun just like pistol rounds were supposed to be.

ok, pistol definition.

A spring powered muzzle loading blaster with no additional mechanical functions.

Pistol round Definitions.

1. Game with each player using a Single spring pistol.

2. Pistols should be tested on owner at point blank range in an area that is most likely to cause discomfort for the remainder of the day.

3. Stock Darts, Single BB weighted stefens or slug darts (real slug darts are not made with hotglue.)

Modified Pistol round Definitions.

WORKING ON RULES.

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 18 April 2010 - 08:35 AM.

NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#2 titanium2

titanium2

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:14 AM

This is a terrific idea! This prevents all the NF rifles of late with the [k26] springs to be used as fag cannons in pistol rounds. Well done sir.
00:19 N9 I love the smell of cocaine
01:01 N9 I must make it clear though...I don't do cocaine.

#3 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:34 AM

That was surprisingly difficult to read. Clean up the rant a bit, eh? The fragmented sentences especially.

What we do around here is a single, single-shot spring pistol, and it generally shouldn't shoot past 80' or so. 3:15, 2 team deathmatch is the typical rule set, We don't allow pistol splats in general, just because they can break that range so easily, but we've been known to allow particularly weak ones. Requiring them to be single shot removes turrets and clips, so that's not an issue.

I like the idea of adding the rapid-fire guns, but then it definitely ceases to be a pistol round. We'd do a stock/lightly modded round with longshots and recons and the rapid fires, allowing the same pistols as the high range, but people generally don't like it (except Gears, who just 'gasms at the thought). I don't like that you can't feel the darts hit you, especially when it's cold and you're wearing more than a t-shirt. It's pretty annoying when you spray a group with a raider while they're shooting your teammates, then have to argue with them that you hit them before they hit your teammates, and having to keep track of all that in general. (Side note: Hamps do seem like they'd fit the bill of good power and high rate of fire, though it'd be easily abused).

That said, I would like to try a round with turreted pistols allowed. Maybe only allowing the blasters that came with a turret to encourage some DTB and Mav and furyfire mods around here.

Our range cap generally limits darts, though that really hasn't been an issue here.

You're not shooting me in the crotch from point blank, regardless.
Teehee.

#4 nate the great

nate the great

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:40 AM

Pistol splats. If your blaster has a spring in it that is so heavy you need a metal fucking lever so you can prime it, ITS NOT A PISTOL.

A pistol splat is a PAINTBALL GUN. Most people do not allow conveted paintball guns at their wars and a pistol splat is just a paintball gun you can buy at most stores. I think most people do not understand that even though it is allowed at wars, you should A. be respectful with it B. Not use it in pistol rounds.
PRI you are a fucking idiot.

2 slingshot weights is basically a steel bullet with a foam sabot
-Mr BadWrench

You have a tampon on your gun. There's your problem.
-Hi Yah!

Join the Revolution!

#5 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:51 AM

At the columbus wars everyone seems to think that if it was a night finder at one time then its a pistol no matter what. They use Turrets Speed loaders and usually one of them breaks a vital component because they have too much spring in every round. The additional rantings about magstrikes and mavericks were intended to be added to the modified pistol rules section that I am currently too lazy to post.

As for structure I failed Every advanced writing course I ever took from High School through College and that was a long fucking time ago. I try to keep my grammar within reasonable limits and I use spell checker to fight my learning disabilities. When they release a sentence structure addon for firefox I will be the first to use it.
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#6 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:26 AM

Anything bigger than your hand is NOT a pistol. Period

NF, scout, Mav, DTB.

Those kind of blasters are pistols

#7 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:16 AM

Rules out here state that the gun must be similar to the functioning of a Nite finder, which should always be your guideline. Pistol splat is not a pistol and a 2k is not a pistol. That's the way it is. I'm surprised these rules haven't made it out there to you guys.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#8 pinz321

pinz321

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

Anything bigger than your hand is NOT a pistol. Period

NF, scout, Mav, DTB.

Those kind of blasters are pistols

So I'm forced to use a triple-strike or something?

Anyway, my definition of a pistol is this:

A small gun that is meant to be held with one hand, and does not go over primary ranges. I honestly wouldn't give a fuck if somebody showed up with a single nite-finder that uses raider drums, or uses turret speed loaders. As long as it doesn't overpower everyone else's pistol, I'm fine.
Effeminate quotes
uin13 a.k.a ice.-have you ever wondered why root-beer
has the word "beer" in it?

BritNerfMogul- Since when have McDonalds and Nerf been associated?

FURYfire, not Fluryfire.

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

That's just fucking ridiculous. If you guys can't handle defining what a pistol round is you have no right hosting a war. This is shit we've had figured out for YEARS! And I mean...fucking like 15 years or some shit. This is a classic example of completely over thinking. A pistol is a LNL, Nite Finder or something similar. End of story.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users