something I've never seen

3 replies to this topic

#1 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

As you all know, the bushing on the +bow leaks around the screw. The most common ways of fixing this were to put goop or something of he sort over the holes, but thats messy. I wanted to find something that was easily removable but sealed well; which is why I turned towards o-rings. The-o rings I used were just small enough to fit around the screw. I'm sorry I don't have any exact measurements, they came from a pack of assorted ones. I apologize for the pictures in advance, I don't have access to a proper camera at the moment.

Posted Image

As you can see, the OD is about 6mm and the ID is about 3mm. Again, sorry for no exact measurements.

Posted Image

Put the o-rings between the PT and the brackets as shown, tighten it up, and blow down the bushing to test. If you did it right, the only leak should be from around the plunger head.

I'll happily answer any questions or comments you have in this thread.

trans as shit because fuck you

#2 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

Whoa whoa whoa, that's not a legitimate test. Try closing off the barrel/bushing end and see if the plunger slows down more than it did before.
Teehee.

#3 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

Whoa whoa whoa, that's not a legitimate test. Try closing off the barrel/bushing end and see if the plunger slows down more than it did before.

Oh, I did that too. Slowed down way more. Obviously wont stop because of the plunger head design.

trans as shit because fuck you

#4 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

Love the idea. I'm definitely gonna try this. Even if it doesn't work for me, it's not that expensive so it won't be much of a loss. Thanks very much!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)