Maverick Barrel Removal

I could use some help.

10 replies to this topic

#1 EUGENE

EUGENE

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

Well today I opened up my Maverick and did the full barrel removal mod on it. Now when I put the barrel back in it wont index. So I pulled out another old maverick turret and popped it in and it worked fine so I know its the turrets problem. I have been sitting here for hours trying to find differences in the two turrets and haven't found any. After even more tinkering I saw that if the area where the plastic tab on the front of the turret used to was tilted at just the right angle then It worked fine but as soon as it moves away from there it wont work again. So then I looked at that area when the other turret was in and it works fine in any position. If anybody knows what is happening, could you let me know? Thank you. ( Yes I am a total n00b in modding )
Villians! dissemble no more! I admit the deed! tear up the floor boards here! here!
True nervous, very, very dreadfully nervous I was and am but WHY must you say that I am mad?

#2 SerpentofSet

SerpentofSet

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

Er, what?

Pictures would be nice; I can't understand what you're saying.
Whenever I'm bored, I go onto NerfHaven and start reading the closed threads with a last post by VACC.

#3 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

How about modding your other turret. It might even be the one turret that is made with the blaster you were trying to fit the the modded turret in.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#4 Gym

Gym

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:31 PM

I don't know that I entirely understand what you're talking about, but I did a barrel replacement for a maverick that used crayola barrels and it had some difficulty revolving because of the added weight. It also didn't shoot the darts at all because the crayola barrel was significantly tighter.

Without a better, more detailed, description of what you did (including barrel material or a reference to a writeup that you followed) it would be hard to know what's wrong.

#5 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about. If you going to replace the barrels, don't even bother. It is a lot of work and the barrels add too much weight causing rotation issues. The maverick also is too weak to propel a dart fit is tight. Just remove the AR's and close the gun up, anymore is not worth it.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#6 moosa

moosa

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

Guys, when he says "full barrel removal mod," he's referring to clip modding the turret. He's using the word "barrels" where he means "turret."

EUGENE, if you want more help with this please provide pictures. It could be that you took out too many pieces or something; in any case it sounds like your turret isn't sealing properly.

Edited by moosa, 18 April 2010 - 02:29 PM.

Yes.

#7 EUGENE

EUGENE

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:15 AM

Okay, Im sorry for not being clear enough. I will snap some pics as soon as possible and get them up here. Yes I am doing the clip mod. But the reason I want to use the other cylinder ( The one thats not working yet ) is im modding a clear maverick and the black cylinder just looks retarded in a clear maverick. Thanks for your help. Ill be shure to post pics.
Villians! dissemble no more! I admit the deed! tear up the floor boards here! here!
True nervous, very, very dreadfully nervous I was and am but WHY must you say that I am mad?

#8 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

Now when I put the barrel back in it wont index.

Something is wrong with the socket on the barrel cylinder, but the actual cause seems to be the front of the rotation bar according to your description. Focus on these areas when you take pictures.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#9 EUGENE

EUGENE

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:28 PM

Well my camera is being pissy and not wanting to work so I am working on that. Although I think I have the problem found out now. When I was looking at the working and non working turrets, I saw the non working one wasnt seating in right because the bar going through the middle of the turret is about a millimeter too short so I'm debating weather or not to shave it down.

Edited by E.U.G.E.N.E, 25 April 2010 - 01:32 PM.

#10 EUGENE

EUGENE

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

My camera is now in the shop and should be ready by tomorrow night. :)

#11 EUGENE

EUGENE

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

Yes! VICTORY!!!!!!! I fixed the problem. The back piece of the cylinder was chipped. Thank you for all your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users