Longshot Cocking Problem

I know, I know I'm a noob...

6 replies to this topic

#1 zander2

zander2

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

I know I'm an extreme noob for posting this but I can't rack my brain for the answer. I recently AR and spring modded my Longshot. This is my fourth, and this has happened before, but I can't remember what I did to fix it. When I close it up and try to cock it, it gets about a centimeter away and then stops. I can't get it back any further. Yes, I reinforced the catch, so that's not it. Could someone please tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong?

#2 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

Make sure the little peg is going into the hole, and all of the slots on the plunger tube lineup with the ones with on the shell. The longshot is very, very touchy.

#3 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

Take out the springs but put back on the plunger head. Put the gun back together and try cocking.

Tell me if it catches or not and I could help diagnose the problem. If it still doesn't catch though, I smell a parts placement problem. If it does catch the spring, when compressed, could be too long to allow adequate plunger room to catch.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#4 LotusNerf

LotusNerf

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

If you say spring modded, you probably meant spring addition/replacement, right?

So check and see if a spring reaches full compression before the blaster catches. If so, that should be your problem. This is because when a spring reaches full compression, you can't compress the spring any more. To fix it, just shorten the spring.

-Lotus

#5 zander2

zander2

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

Make sure the little peg is going into the hole, and all of the slots on the plunger tube lineup with the ones with on the shell. The longshot is very, very touchy.

Sounds good, I'll give it a try.

#6 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:06 PM

I'm sure it's due to misplacement of the boltsled. Make sure it's lined up properly in the shell, all the grooves fitting together.
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#7 1coolmodder

1coolmodder

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:42 PM

you probly put the plunger tube in the wrong place the tab on the side of the tube has to go in to the hole in the shell of the longshot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users