May 22, 2010
10 AM til 3 PM
General Getty Neighborhood Park
10000 Woodland Dr.
Wheaton, MD, 20902
More info here
It's right off of Georgia Avenue, walking distance from the Forest Glen Metro. The Q2, Q4, Y7, and Y8 buses stop right in front of the park on the Georgia Avenue side. This park is smaller than Wheaton Regional, but should be far less crowded.
Pretty much the same as the first M3, so I'll just paste it here.
- No singled Titans, SM5Ks, Ultimators, XXL Bazookas, Jobars, or Cobras.
- No singled and plugged 4Bs, LBBs, SGSLs, Nat Geo guns, Roto Rockets, etc.
- No homemade air blasters or homemade air tanks.
- No exposed brass or aluminum barrels.
^^^ These are very important, as they are all for the safety of the players. Also if I feel anything else is a safety issue, I reserve the right to disallow it.
- Bring at least one "primary" and one sping-powered pistol. You might want to bring back-ups in the event something breaks.
- There may be some crazy rules in effect for several rounds, so bring some out-of-the-ordinary blasters if you can. Ballguns, stock missiles, arrows, megas, whatever.
- Barrel taps only count if the blaster is primed and loaded. Melee weapons count as barrel taps.
- Manta Ray shields (stock or fabricated), Crossfire shields, and Laser Fang wings count as shields. (Also if you can prove that Nerf intended for any other product to be used as a shield, it will be allowed as a shield.) Anything else will be counted as a hit. Blaster hits count as hits as well.
- Don't even bother showing up wearing camouflage and wielding blasters painted all black. You will be promptly asked to leave.
- Don't be a dick. Keep profanity to an absolute minimum, and throw your trash out. Really, just use common sense. Anyone showing signs of dickery will be promptly asked to leave.
M3 was awesome because nobody took it very seriously and everyone was just there for fun. Again I strongly encourage attendees to bring "out-of-the-ordinary" blasters for a couple of the later rounds during the day, because the last two rounds at M3 were hilarious.
Edited by dizzyduck, 21 April 2010 - 07:56 PM.