Need Help

13 replies to this topic

#1 Qwear

Qwear

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hey,
I am having a private Nerf war with my friends and I need a recommendation of what to use, and what to mod. I'm a noob modder and just spring-replaced my crossfire. It gets a rang of 40 ft (approx.) I need a good primary. I got about a $30 budget. I also have a longshot (damaged) a recon, and a raider.
Thanks,
Qwear

P.S
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Should it go in nerf wars?

Edit:
New Question:

Where can i find a good spring for the Longshot catch plate? I got a stock spring and bbb spring on the plunger rod. And I looked reasonably hard for the answer to this with no results. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Qwear, 22 April 2010 - 10:58 AM.

If someone asks me how many digits i memorized of pi, i just say:

Pi = Yum

#2 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

P.S
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Should it go in nerf wars?

Actually I don't think this should have been posted at all. If you look around at the mods on this site, you'd see all the different guns that do different things and you can decide for yourself what gun you want. We're not going to spoon feed you a single thing. Just go to the modification write up thread and look around. Or go to target or something and look at what they have.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#3 Zmandudesk82

Zmandudesk82

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

Or go to target or something and look at what they have.

Good call. I did that when I started Nerfing. It's a good way to see what's out there.

EDIT@Qwear: Nice name. I'm glad to see the NIC being open to people who are... different.

Edited by Zmandudesk82, 06 April 2010 - 05:15 PM.

QUOTE(Coal Ten @ May 4 2010, 02:57 PM) View Post

simply because I love the feeling of nice hard wood between my fingers.

#4 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:37 PM

In my experience, the best primary for a new modder is a Big Bad Bow. They are generally available at places like Wal-Mart, Meijer and Target (in my area, they are $20), and you can get great ranges by simply removing the AR's and nesting a brass barrel into the stock barrel (17/32", 9/16", or whatever you can just barely slide your darts into without squishing them). I put a 2.5" x 17/32" brass barrel into mine, and I can still fire the arrows it comes with, plus I'm getting over 60' flat with stock Sonic Micros, more with Stefans.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#5 Rylan

Rylan

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

my idea is to just buy a big blast and put a pvc coupler in and use that at the war and with the crazy range you'll be a great loser
i put in s n i p e r but it pops up as loser instead srry i never said loser
loser s n i p e r

Edited by Rylan, 06 April 2010 - 05:54 PM.

I ride my bicycle everywhere
Because I can

#6 Rylan

Rylan

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

my idea is to just buy a big blast and put a pvc coupler in and use that at the war and with the crazy range you'll be a great loser

this is being dumb i never put in loser
s n i p e r
my computer is screwed up

Edited by Rylan, 06 April 2010 - 05:55 PM.

I ride my bicycle everywhere
Because I can

#7 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

s n i p e r

Nah, it just does that automatically on this forum. They tend to dislike the term, and it changes it to loser for you. Just something to get used to.

#8 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

The Rapid Fire 20 is also fun. Just CPVC it right, add some rubberbands to the firing mech, and you can get around 40-50 Ft.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#9 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

Just to add on to what others have said; the best primary for a newbie modifier would be a Big Bad Bow. That, or if you want a bit more range, and a higher rate of fire, the Buzz Bee Big Blast with an RSCB style clip. (in short, you can find it in the mod directory. In long, I can explain it for you in the following block of text, very in-depthyl, and verbosely.) If you're as new as we think you ware, you've probably not heard of this (mod). The BBBB, as it's called, is an incredibly high-volume air tank gun that's made to originally fire missles manufactured by the Buzz Bee toys company. They're an off-brand dart gun company that has a few good blasters out there (Berserker, Big Blast, Belt Blaster, to name... almost all of them, sadly), while the Big Blast being the best it has some drawbacks. If you plug the overpressure release valve (which isn't needed normally anyway), the triggers break chronically due to the hard trigger pull with the pressure the tank builds, and you can often find defective ones with o-rings that are too small on clearance. My brother went through 3 trying to found one that would even move air.
However, if you perform the RSCB Clip modification (a very easy one with parts totalling under $10 if you don't have to buy tape, or adhesives), you can get very high ranges; if you have a good barrel fit and RSCB size, possibly reaching around 100'. Basically what this clip is is a elbow attached to your air output source, a small length of pipe attaching the elbow to a Tee, your main barrel, (a tighter fitting material, such as CPVC for most darts) and your actual dart clip. That can be anywhere from 6 to 9 inches long or so, depending on the legnth of your darts. I try to keep my clip capacity around 6 so to minimize dead space in darts that I don't need right away. The reason you don't want it a foot and a half long is that after you fire two, three, four darts, the force being put on the firing dart diminishes after those rounds due to the increasing dead space that comes with every shot. This being said, your last shot will yield you the least range, while your first shot will show you a bit of the full power of your blaster.

#10 Qwear

Qwear

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:49 AM

Thanks. i got some electric tape and a little epoxy from a robotic project 2 years ago.
Ill prob go with the bbb. :)
Edit:
If I understand this correctly, I saw off the first bit of barrel and take out the AR?

Edited by Qwear, 07 April 2010 - 09:39 AM.

Pi = Yum

#11 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:28 AM

Thanks. i got some electric tape and a little epoxy from a robotic project 2 years ago.
Ill prob go with the bbb. :)
Edit:
If I understand this correctly, I saw off the first bit of barrel and take out the AR?

Look in the directory noob. Its the 6th pinned topic on the modifications forums. You'll have all the shit you'll need to know about modding whatever.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#12 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:34 AM

s n i p e r

All 12 of your posts are retarded. Your account has been suspended for the next 3 months. Take that time to read the code of conduct and figure out how you can possible coexist with reasonably intelligent posters.

#13 Qwear

Qwear

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:58 AM

*bump* new question *bump*

Edited by Qwear, 22 April 2010 - 10:58 AM.

Pi = Yum

#14 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:45 PM

*bump* new question *bump*

If you're going to change question, you may want to edit the title, so people know that this thread is different; they'll know what the question concerns, so they may answer if if they have the knowledge.

The spring from a click pen or from a mechanical pencil can be used to supplement the current catch spring in a long shot (as well as other guns). These should be readily available, and overall, rather cheap.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users