Snap Crossbow

Bitchtamer

15 replies to this topic

#1 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

This Snap was made to have the best of everything, and that's what I did.
This is what it has
-6.5" plunger draw
-5 shot rscb
-Adult size stock and handle
-full size [k26] spring
-+bow style plunger handle.

You will need basic parts to build a Snap.
You will also need:
-2 6-32 threaded 1" long spacers.
-Materials to make Rork's Superlative Snap Plunger Head.
-about 3-4 feet of a 2x4
-Aluminum u channel (9001K43) I have plenty of leftover if you want to buy some.

Part 1 The Snap body
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First cut a 10" length of 1 1/4 pvc and cement on couplers on both sides.
In one 1 1/4 to 1/2" kill some deadspace, and add some padding.
Posted Image

On the other bushing add a 1.375"x1/4" polycarbonate circle with a hole in the middle cpvc can slide through.
Posted Image

Cement the bushing with the un-deadspace in one of the couplers.
In that bushing goop a cpvc rscb assembly. (coupler and tee)
Then wrap the back end of the tee with e-tape until a pvc coupler rests sungly, and goop that on.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Make a superlative snap plunger head and cement it on 11.25in of cpvc.
Place the trigger on the gun using Carbon's method. (It is in the middle of his write-up.
Once that is done. Secure the second bushing down with some screws. Then make a plunger handle with two pieces of 1/4" polycarbonate, and the spacers. Attach it on to an endcap via a 3/4 screw and a locknut.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Right now it should ressemble something like this.
Posted Image

Now you'll want to add your rscb tube. It should end just in front of the trigger. Also, throw on a piece of pvc to stabilize it.
Posted Image

Part 2 Stock
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start off by sketching out the stock you want, and leave room for the Snap body. Then cut it out.
Posted Image
You will have to attach a 9" and 10" section of the u channel to the bottom and top. The top one as about .75" on each side with the legs cut off so you can secure it down flat.
Drill pilot holes through the aluminum then secure them down using nails.
Posted Image

In the front a notch is cut out for the rscb, and trigger.
Posted Image

Attach the Snap body to the stock with Industrial hotlgue, a screw going through the top u channel, and a screw through the rscb endcap.
Posted Image

Then cut out a lower half of the stock, and secure it with screws.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Throw a 10in barrel on it and you're done.
Posted Image

Part 3 Ending Comments

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This gun is more comfortable than a crossbow, or a tornado, and the rscb works flawlessly.
Right now I am filling in some gaps with bondo, so it will look a bit nicer. There will be a final picture soon enough.

As for ranges with single bb darts, and good old estimations.
The highest was 110ft.
Lowest was around 85ft
The majority of the darts landed between 90-95ft, and it does decrease as the clip empties.

Edited by louiec3, 02 April 2010 - 08:58 PM.

#2 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:35 PM

Outstanding......as always Lou. Fill those gaps, throw some stain on the wood......and you got one unique, and effective blaster! Great work buddy!
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#3 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

Let me first say how Effeminate this is, mainly due to range and the wooden stock.

Now as for a name: The CRossbow snAP, or: The CRAP! And I do emphasize that this gun is very cool.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#4 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

Outstanding......as always Lou. Fill those gaps, throw some stain on the wood......and you got one unique, and effective blaster! Great work buddy!

Stain? This blaster only accepts a nice purple paintjob.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#5 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:33 PM

Stain? This blaster only accepts a nice purple paintjob.

Heh heh maybe on the PVC, but don't ruin the fact that most of the gun is wood
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#6 ficksterkid

ficksterkid

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

Great job, this might be my next SNAP.

#7 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

Excellent. I absolutely love the RSCB under the plunger tube. Really works well aesthetically for this particular gun.

#8 meatballica

meatballica

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

Damn Louie you have been on a roll with what you have been working on lately. As always I love that bathroom of yours. Nice work on the gun by the way.

Edit: For the name I would call it the bitchtamer just so even if a stefan out that does not affect there whorish lifestyle you can use it as a club and give them one nasty ass splinter.

Edited by meatballica, 02 April 2010 - 05:31 PM.

"You've waged your war on nerves, but you can't crush the kingdom."

#9 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

Just Some Bob- Who wears shoes in their bedroom. I only wear shoes when I work outside, but I do need to vaccum my floor.

meatballica- Bitchtamer. I like it...

Anyway I finished the bondo work. I think it was quite good for my first time.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

Just Some Bob- Who wears shoes in their bedroom. I only wear shoes when I work outside, but I do need to vaccum my floor.

meatballica- Bitchtamer. I like it...

Anyway I finished the bondo work. I think it was quite good for my first time.

Is that a picture of Justin Timberlake (or however you spell it) in the third picture?
I like the gun by the way, it looks pretty comfortable.
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#11 meatballica

meatballica

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

Now that is what I am talking about. I am glad you like my suggestion for the name.
"You've waged your war on nerves, but you can't crush the kingdom."

#12 nostyleguy

nostyleguy

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

That looks very nice. I love the hidden RSCB, really makes it seem clean. My only question is how you reload the rscb? Take off the entire front assembly?

#13 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:39 AM

I finally got the video camera.

Here is where the darts landed the yellow line is about 100ft.
Posted Image
Posted Image

sistermol- It's not Justin Timberlake. I think it is business cards for a tax service.

nostyleguy- Reloading is in the video, but if that doesn't work you just take off the barrel.

#14 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

What a satisfying priming sound. Nice work.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#15 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

I really like this, all of your work is really nice. Clean, comfortable and functional!
On a somewhat side note, I like the idea of putting a dart in the barrel when loading a RSCB, for some reason I just never thought of that.
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#16 archangel24

archangel24

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

KUDOS to you on making a Snap crossbow i was thinking about the possibility of making one but more similar to the Nerf Crossbow but you beat me to it manly because i don't have much money and i am a bit lazy oh well GREAT JOB!
QUOTE(Talio @ Oct 14 2010, 10:37 PM) View Post

I would much perfer a game that's free of KY. I like it rough. Right, Vacc?

"She went all Ghetto Fab on you."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users