Amazon And Nerf

A lot of things seem overpriced.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:20 PM

I had noticed it before, but only recently did I realize how bad it is. I see a lot of Nerf guns on Amazon that are priced way over what they should be.

I became frustrated when I tried to find a website to buy an Atom Blaster, and found only Amazon actually had any. There is only 1 for sale there, and it's priced at 59.99. That's completely ridiculous for something that retailed for around 5-6 dollars. The Amazon seller is here: http://www.amazon.co...2N6N&rh=&page=1
Most of the stuff they sell is also overpriced.

While the Atom Blaster is discontinued, and it would make some sense for it to be more expensive than original retail, 59.99 is just way too much. There are plenty of current products that are also priced unfairly.

So, I would like to discuss this. Does anyone know why this is? You won't believe how hard it is to find Atom Blasters...
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#2 nate the great

nate the great

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:32 PM

You think the atom blaster is overpriced? It's nothing compared to this
PRI you are a fucking idiot.

2 slingshot weights is basically a steel bullet with a foam sabot
-Mr BadWrench

You have a tampon on your gun. There's your problem.
-Hi Yah!

Join the Revolution!

#3 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

What I don't get is how they expect to sell the things at those prices. Unless someone is clueless, they probably wouldn't pay that much.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#4 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

You think the atom blaster is overpriced? It's nothing compared to this

Perhaps this seller is trying to trick some poor sap into thinking he's buying the product for $19.99.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:29 PM

There are people on the internet that are interested in ripping people off? OMG, I HAD NO IDEA!
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users