Photo

My Bolt Rifle

4 replies to this topic

#1 andrew01

andrew01

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:10 AM

So, I have been working on ideas for homemades for a long time. I posted my other homemades which were the typical crap ones that every single n00b makes. Here is a bit different one. The back of were the stock is is the air tank. A hose is connected to a hand pump, which is connected to the tank. The pump is strong and can get up to a pretty high psi (for a hand pump). For the handle I used a hose handle. Suprisingly(sp?) enough after a sanded the inside of the connector and reducer the handle fit onto them.

Making the bolt was the hardest part. It is a little like Bolt loser's in the way that the groove is cut in the PVC. But the nail is connected right onto the 17/32 Brass. On top of the 17/32 is a piece of 9/16 with the same groove as in the PVC. This is so I could my is air tight. I used 1/2 brass for the shells. The clip in the picture is not the one Im using, it was just one to show you where the real one would go. So, there is a small piece of brass at around the 17/32 so when the air comes through the dart can go but the shell gets stuck. You then pull the bolt and the shell falls out. I have tried the bolt and it works, the brass slide in and out good.

Under the barrel with the bolt is a "secondary" barrell. This barrell will be connected to the main barrell with vinyl tubing. The air flow will go into the secondary barrel if the valve is open. The barrel fire small practice foam golf balss with ball bearings in the middle. They go pretty far when you throw them although I have not tested them in the barrel. They have a perfect snug fit in it so I am hoping they will do well.

Everything in the gun is VERY messy. Nothing is glued, I just taped a few things to show you where they would go. I am open to ALL suggestions. Please tell me what you think and how I can make it better. Thanks :angry:

Sorry the pictures were not resized I couldn't remember how to. Sorry.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
changed username from superintendent

#2 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 11:20 AM

I have two questions....

1) How would you be able to pump the gun( in the picture it looks like the pump is right beside the hose handle.
2) when you fire the foam, and pull the bolt back so that the shell comes out where does the shell come out. I see the hole in the bottom of the mag but would it not hit the secondary valve??

thx
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#3 andrew01

andrew01

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:39 PM

The pump would be mounted off of the air tank a bit so that it wouldn't hit the hose handle.

The secondary barrel is supposed to be a bit to the side of the hole so the shell can come out. I just put it under it so you could see where it would be in the picture.
changed username from superintendent

#4 david00790

david00790

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:13 PM

What kind of ranges do you get with that thing.

#5 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:14 PM

How long is that any way?
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users