Modding Nitefinder

HELP!!

12 replies to this topic

#1 jaw495

jaw495

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:39 AM

I am taking the ar's out of my nitefinder that I bought yesterday. I am trying to remove the piece that holds the ar's but i think the adhesive is holding it. Someone told me to dip it in hot water and then pry it out but it did not come out. Any ideas of any other ways?
How old are you?? and your playing with nerf guns? ya, so I'm the loser. (No Offense to anybody else on here that's not a dick. you guys rock.)

Hal9000
Jesus christ VACC, what kind of show are you running around here?
Are those... purple pirate boots on your feet?

#2 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:14 AM

Take a pair of clamp looking pipe cutters, and cut where the line is.
01:15 N9> The problem with nerfers: We're around plastic. Plastic contains estrogenic compounds, so we're more feminine than the rest of the world.

WTF, are you in Tony Stark's basement!?'

#3 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:54 AM

Pipe cutters are the best way to do it, but seeing that you are a noob, I doubt you have them. Light a candle and rotate the plunger tube over it to soften the glue. Be careful to not kept the plastic.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#4 moosa

moosa

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:18 AM

Ouch. How many of these a week do we get around here?

I think you'd be better off heading to the hardware/home improvement store and picking up a small set of pipe cutters for $10-$15, which would be a very useful tool for the rest of your modding experiences, rather than risk destroying a key component of your $9 toy with a lighter/candle flame.
Yes.

#5 Rylan

Rylan

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

I am taking the ar's out of my nitefinder that I bought yesterday. I am trying to remove the piece that holds the ar's but i think the adhesive is holding it. Someone told me to dip it in hot water and then pry it out but it did not come out. Any ideas of any other ways?

use a drill, drills always work or even better, a drill press
I ride my bicycle everywhere
Because I can

#6 stuper bunny

stuper bunny

• Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:37 AM

use a drill, drills always work or even better, a drill press

YES! I've used a drill on my two NF's, two Recons and my Raider. Use the 1/2" bit to break the barrel post, then drill a 1/4" hole through the AR, then follow through with the 1/2" bit. I've found that the pilot hole helps the 1/2" bit start to cut in the plastic easier, otherwise it just spins on the top of the AR.

#7 jaw495

jaw495

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

I actually have pipe cutters and i will use them thanks
How old are you?? and your playing with nerf guns? ya, so I'm the loser. (No Offense to anybody else on here that's not a dick. you guys rock.)

Hal9000
Jesus christ VACC, what kind of show are you running around here?
Are those... purple pirate boots on your feet?

#8 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

You could always replace the plunger tube as well. I'm not sure if this would work either, but you can probably cut the front off and flip it around because the plunger when retracted doesn't go past the one inch from the back anyway. But then you have to worry about fastening it to the gun and whatnot.

#9 Zmandudesk82

Zmandudesk82

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

You can simply replace the plunger tube with 1" PETG from Petco or PetSmart. It's flush with the NF plunger head, and it looks awesome.
QUOTE(Coal Ten @ May 4 2010, 02:57 PM) View Post

simply because I love the feeling of nice hard wood between my fingers.

#10 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hasn't the answer to this question been answered repeatedly in the past month or two? Jaw495, did you even try the search function?
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#11 Foam Ninja

Foam Ninja

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

If I were you I wouldn't do all that stuff its way easier to just drill straight down the barrel and let all of it stay together then open it and change the barrel.
QUOTE(Soothsayer @ Jul 18 2010, 03:51 PM) View Post

Still haven't beat Foam Ninja in a sword fight

1.The baby would blow up do to being made of pure fail.
2.I GIVE UP! I AM GETTING MY GAS ELSEWHERE!!
-Nerf Mafia

#12 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:50 AM

Use a Hammer
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#13 Brutal 770

Brutal 770

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:17 PM

Since I like to be as unnecessary as possible, if I were in your position I would dremel that sucker out! :lol:
It's an injection attack against this version of IPB. We'll be down intermittently while I upgrade the site.

If I put ads on NerfHaven you'll know it. They'll be for drugs... and hookers... and duct tape.

By Cxwq

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users