Simple Homemade Gun

Simple Homemade Gun

4 replies to this topic

#1 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 06:55 PM

This is my idea for a simple homemade gun. Materials you will need include two rubber plunger heads (the kind you clean a toilet with), three feet of washing machine hose or vinyl hose, and 10 inches of 1/2 inch PVC. You also need lots of duct tape. This will fire microdarts about 50 feet if properly done. First, stuff one end of the washing machine hose between the plungers. Make sure the plungers face each other to make a pump. Tape the thing together tightly. Fit the PVC into the other end of the washing machine hose. Tape up that end also. To load the dart securely, slide it somewhat into the barrel. Covering the barrel with your hand, press down (with your foot) hard on the two plunger heads. Let the vaccuum pull the dart in (but not all the way into the hose shaft). This will allow the dart to accelerate up the length of the barrel. I haven't tried this with Stefans or anything, but I'm sure if you find the right barrel, this would likely work with any ammo. What I then suggest is making a PVC tripod to mount said guns so you have a sort of area defense gun you can mount and stomp hard as you see fit. I don't have a camera and haven't done extensive range testing. This is basically a rehash of the old Nerf stomp gun that fired arrows back in the day, redone for other ammo. Let me know what you think.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#2 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 07:54 PM

Ah, i think i get it now. Its an original idea, but i have a hard time believing that it could shoot 50 feet. I mean, have you recently taken your toilet cleaner, and examined it? It doesn't decompress fast enough to create a good air flow, i think, but its worth a shot. Still it seems a bit silly, because it would be near impossible to aim, it would be awkward to fire, and like i said, i doubt it could get 50 feet. Don't let this bother you though, go for it!

Oh, you ARE getting it. Thats different. Congrats on your original idea.

Edited by texmustache, 30 March 2004 - 08:42 PM.

#3 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:25 PM

I'm hitting 50' constantly with stock micros and a decent stomp from a 140 pound guy, so long as the micros are loaded properly. The acceleration in the barrel helps. You are correct in that it is difficult to aim. It's cool to wrap around my back with the pump in one hand and the gun firing off of one shoulder. This is my protest to my campus police who do not want me using "facsimile weapons" that might be mistake for real guns in the dark. Anyway, I think if it were mounted, it could be aimed better.

#4 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 10:45 PM

I believe Hasbro, at one point, made a Nerf gun similar to this- a stomp-rocket. Of course, it sucked because the shots would always vary (sometimes you wouldn't stomp hard enough), hard to shoot fast, and very innacurrate.

By the way, this should be in homemades ^_^

~Mystic~

#5 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 11:00 PM

We play indoors and have a house stock ammo rule. Yeah, the aim isn't so good, and I had the missile-stomp in mind when I designed it because I wanted one that fired darts instead of arrows. Found another cool gun at k-mart, it's one of those big yellow water guns that you draw back and the water comes in and you fire it out of a nozzle... direct pressure gun. I sawed off the nozzle and it fires up to eight balls now, distance decreases with each ball because the force behind each decreases--still fun. And, the "trigger" has a flashlight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users