Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

My schedule changed. I can't make it.
I hate you.

#52 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:56 AM

So, anyone else planning to pussy out at the last minute?
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#53 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:58 PM

What is the official limit on number of darts you can have in your hopper clip?

#54 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

What is the official limit on number of darts you can have in your hopper clip?

Between 0 and infinity. We discussed this, the decision will come after we run our trial rounds. So make them as large as you like, but be prepared to cut them down if need be. 4 dart clips seem to be the prevailing sentiment but I'm not entirely sold on any number yet. PVC cutters will be available.

#55 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:51 AM

So, yesterday we drove for twelve and a half hours, some of which was definitely at an illegal pace, and now I'm up too early to tell you guys that we have to drive another two hours, but fuck me if this isn't going to be a crazy awesome war.

See you on the field.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#56 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:52 PM

It is an immensely bizarre feeling to have attended a war where the vast majority of the equipment used throughout the day was designed, derived, or inspired from my participation in this hobby.

Also, my war performance was pretty bad this time. But I enjoyed myself anyways.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#57 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

There were some definite good times had yesterday:

*My wrist still works (no major collisions)
*Being the only person to use an actual NERF gun for most of the day
*Seeing so many +bows in action at one time
*EXOTIC BEVERAGES (better than fruity ones)
*Horrible waitress
*Gunslinger Heaven (in the morning...after getting sunburned, I pretty much sucked at everything)

A whole lot of other stuff was fun too, but that's what comes to mind. I definitely will try to make it to every DEAL war possible.

#58 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:02 PM

*Horrible waitress

She wanted your dick so bad.

But yeah. This was like, the All Stars or something with all its intensity. Some things I enjoyed:
-Meeting the U3 crew. Super cool guys.
-Splits new homemades.
-Sexiest +bow ever?
-Slug and Teds gleeful shouts of joy.
-Raping the "real" games of Gunslinger. Dream Team much?
-Carbonated milk tastes so much better than it sounds.
-"Grz is too nice. He doesn't fit the bill to be Mag7."

Also: Being compared to Michael fucking Cera. Like, outside of Nerfing, you can not imagine how many times that has happened. Like, seriously.

Edited by Gears, 16 May 2010 - 01:07 PM.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#59 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:31 PM

*Horrible waitress

She wanted your dick so bad.

She had an awesome way of showing it:
"No more fruity drinks for you until your food comes!"

And how could I forget the best part of the whole day?
*Counting how many times VACC flexed his biceps and losing track around thirteen.
*And lost, and probably best, the U3 showing up to say, "We forgot our barrels." What?!

Edited by imaseoulman, 16 May 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#60 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

Probably the best war I've ever been to. Absolutely no one there was someone you could just ignore. After the first few times of trying to gun for someone in particular, and getting destroyed by people I wasn't keeping track of, I realized I couldn't play like that this war. I switched it into high-strategy mode and did much better throughout the day.

Overall Highlights:
  • Changed my mind on hoppers and slug darts only, for now. Sluggies reduce range as we expected, and maybe it was my crimped foam or something else, but my accuracy was suffering, and I'm usually a very accurate player (even though Famine is a dick about that too).
  • Intentionally raining darts with the hopper. I don't think I'll ever play that way seriously again, because once I stopped and started aiming every shot, I was doing much better. It's a great feeling to be basically un-rushable and have the option to switch to suppression fire mode. I think it worked better with this group because I assumed everyone would try to take as much advantage as possible of the rof, which didn't happen in the way I expected it to.
  • Pump action homemade - very successful. I cut some corners on the prototype production, so a small part broke after a round or so, but it shoots 150'+ singled (with diddle darts), and is basically unmatched, aside from hamps(?), for rate of fire when hoppered.
  • FireBow - Awesome. Fantastically comfortable, easy to aim, and works great with the hopper, and looks sexy as hell. Cut a corner again, and it broke after a couple rounds. Used a U3 +bow the rest of the day. I was very impressed.
  • Round by the bunker, 3 kills in about 30 seconds. That was insane.
  • Getting soooo many damn rounds in, in so little time. 7 big rounds, one of which was reallllly long, by 2pm? <3
  • -Raping the "real" games of Gunslinger. Dream Team much?

Doing amazingly in my favorite round type with mah favorite nerfy buddy. <3s.
  • Meeting Ice Nine and Zorn in person, yet knowing them so well by now. Good to see Ryan again too.
  • Seoulman - We're just going to ban all air guns from now on. Switch to a homemade, damnit!
  • All of Famine's lives in one of the rounds.
  • Slug's prototype Two-Eleven. So perfect on so many levels.
  • Car hopscotch, Famine's place, Vacc's trunk, til 2am at my place. And Ted liked his crossbow.
  • Only raged out once!

Edited by Split, 16 May 2010 - 07:51 PM.

Teehee.

#61 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

[*] Seoulman - We're just going to ban all air guns from now on. Switch to a homemade, damnit!

Then what are we going to call this? FoamSoft? Foam Wars? Dart Dancing?

At least we'll always have pistols?

#62 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:53 AM

Most fun in recent history even after detracting all the yawn of way too much drive and forgetting our barrels.

Also, enjoyed the people and the downtimes as much if not more than the nerfing, which is how a war should be.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#63 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

Perfect weather and group of nerfers. That was about the most straight up competitive nerf war I can remember attending, and yet everyone was very cool and completely laid back between rounds. In other words, if I were to describe my ideal nerf war, this would be it.

What was really misleading was that all but a few rounds, of which we had what, 14, ended with lopsided numbers. And yet, it rarely felt unbalanced. Everyone there was just experienced enough that as soon as one team lost a member the other team was able to effectively push the advantage.

The only conclusion I can really come to is.....again!

#64 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

There was no bad part to this war. Even forgetting the barrel box and using mad crazy on-the-spot made speedloaders was not a downside because they were both effective and hilarious. Every single thing about that war was great, including the herps and that time after the second VIP round where Vacc absolutely destroyed me via a multitude of wresting moves. Famine told me I looked very important though, so bonus.

The best part, though, was the ten or so hours after the war was finished. Fucking AWESOME.

I don't really feel like posting a list of highlights because all the people there know what's up and I'd just like to thank everyone for being cool. Great meeting you all and I hope it happens again.

For interested parties, the U3 spent at least twenty-eight hours from Friday to Sunday in the car and have two and half gigs of video to prove it.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#65 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:17 PM

BEST WAR EVA.

And also what everyone else said. I'll be back on the East Coast soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users