Photo

Nerf Claymore/trip Mine

35 replies to this topic

#1 FrappicinoINC

FrappicinoINC

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

I also made a Nerf claymore. Though this isn't as cool as my Nerf grenade launcher its basically just an idea. I know it sucks in distance but that's why i posted this so i could get more ideas and hopefully come out with a finished project. So I'm curios to see what you guys think so please comment with ideas.

Here is the link:

Edited by FrappicinoINC, 23 March 2010 - 03:29 PM.

#2 flyingpie77

flyingpie77

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

I personally like it, but nerf isn't much about milsim as it seems how your putting it. If you like it go ahead, but you might get some bullshit from other members.
Why does this involve Goldfish? This unsettles me.

#3 ricochet

ricochet

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

I would suggest using mouse or rat traps instead of the frisbee. They are much stronger so it will launch the projectile further. Actually, I might go try that later...mines would add a whole new aspect and strategy on the game.

#4 FrappicinoINC

FrappicinoINC

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

I would suggest using mouse or rat traps instead of the frisbee. They are much stronger so it will launch the projectile further. Actually, I might go try that later...mines would add a whole new aspect and strategy on the game.

If you have seen an arisoft mine thats what they use. but mouse traps seem kinda dangerous and would a pencil box be able to retain all that power?

#5 FrappicinoINC

FrappicinoINC

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:02 PM

I personally like it, but nerf isn't much about milsim as it seems how your putting it. If you like it go ahead, but you might get some bullshit from other members.

Thanks for the warning and i hate to ask but what is a milsim

#6 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

Military Simulation. All the veterans and old farts hate it, thats why you have been getting all the warnings. They believe that nerf should be nothing like airsoft or paintball, so I would suggest that you take off the digi camo and put on some shorts and a t-shirt.

On topic: I really like your ideas to put different aspects to the game. I every war I have been in it it was standoff after stand off of long range primaries. Its nice to see someone working on something that needs improving and not useless +bow variations.

#7 FrappicinoINC

FrappicinoINC

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

Military Simulation. All the veterans and old farts hate it, thats why you have been getting all the warnings. They believe that nerf should be nothing like airsoft or paintball, so I would suggest that you take off the digi camo and put on some shorts and a t-shirt.

On topic: I really like your ideas to put different aspects to the game. I every war I have been in it it was standoff after stand off of long range primaries. Its nice to see someone working on something that needs improving and not useless +bow variations.

Thanks. yeah i probably shouldn't where my paintball clothes when i make nerf vids so thanks for the heads up.

#8 nate the great

nate the great

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

Its nice to see someone working on something that needs improving and not useless +bow variations.

Hey +bow variations aren't useless! They can be very helpful.
PRI you are a fucking idiot.

2 slingshot weights is basically a steel bullet with a foam sabot
-Mr BadWrench

You have a tampon on your gun. There's your problem.
-Hi Yah!

Join the Revolution!

#9 canuck

canuck

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

I don't want to be a dick, but this seems like a bad idea, if used by some idiots. If you keep the tripwire too tight, I could see some kid falling flat on his face. However, this is the first "nerf land mine" I have seen that is simple and effective.
I like how you called stefans "stefahns."

Edited by canuck, 22 March 2010 - 05:44 PM.

We don't have military tactics or specialized training. We're fucking kids playing with plastic guns trying to tag each other.
-nerfer9

#10 ricochet

ricochet

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:49 PM

If you have seen an arisoft mine thats what they use. but mouse traps seem kinda dangerous and would a pencil box be able to retain all that power?

Mouse traps would probably still work, I have a couple ideas on how to limit the snap while retaining the power. Also maybe use a wooden or custom pvc or metal box instead of a pencil one.

#11 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

I write this as a friend, not an enemy. The last thing I need is more enemies. I admire your spirit, but we're not milsim. We don't have "claymores" or "grenade launchers". If your aiming to impress somebody with those camouflage clothes- its not working. We don't share your love of military simulation. If you think that this is what Nerf is about, then you have it all wrong. Move to airsoft if you want to shoot each other with realistic toys.

We are Nerf. We are not paintball. We are not airsoft. We need to set it straight in our minds. Nerf is not simulated combat, it's a glorified game of tag.

#12 Dude13

Dude13

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:05 PM

I write this as a friend, not an enemy. The last thing I need is more enemies. I admire your spirit, but we're not milsim. We don't have "claymores" or "grenade launchers". If your aiming to impress somebody with those camouflage clothes- its not working. We don't share your love of military simulation. If you think that this is what Nerf is about, then you have it all wrong. Move to airsoft if you want to shoot each other with realistic toys.

We are Nerf. We are not paintball. We are not airsoft. We need to set it straight in our minds. Nerf is not simulated combat, it's a glorified game of tag.

Speak for yourself

Some of us enjoy different ideas integrated into the hobby, they add a different dynamic to the game. These ideas aren't throwing off the balance of the game so I do not see why there is so much opposition against them.

The "Grenade Launcher" idea is excellent, it will encourage rushing if the capsules produce a scatter of darts. The Grenade Launcher could also be used to fire less common sizes of foam projectiles (such as Jumbos (3/4" Diameter) or Mongos (1" Diameter)

As long as the number of trip mines per team or player is limited it will not interfere with the "normal" ideals of nerfing. It would be pretty much the same as using a "Bunker Buster" as they used to be called (the Nerf grenades made using a fold up Frisbee) except it would be triggered by someone running by. Even if one were to trip one of these, the spread would most likely be easy to dodge.

One of NERF's old slogans were "Play your game" and that is what many of us plan to do. We intend on playing the game the way we want to, and not be restrained by the "Rules" imposed by the Administrators/Moderators/Veterans of an internet forum.

I do not intend to sound aggressive, I just feel this needs to be said.

FrappicinoINC, your ideas are interesting, continue coming up with these ideas. I may be able to use some of these ideas at the wars I host.

#13 nate the great

nate the great

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

FrappicinoINC-If you want a good claymore then try this
PRI you are a fucking idiot.

2 slingshot weights is basically a steel bullet with a foam sabot
-Mr BadWrench

You have a tampon on your gun. There's your problem.
-Hi Yah!

Join the Revolution!

#14 FrappicinoINC

FrappicinoINC

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

Speak for yourself

Some of us enjoy different ideas integrated into the hobby, they add a different dynamic to the game. These ideas aren't throwing off the balance of the game so I do not see why there is so much opposition against them.

The "Grenade Launcher" idea is excellent, it will encourage rushing if the capsules produce a scatter of darts. The Grenade Launcher could also be used to fire less common sizes of foam projectiles (such as Jumbos (3/4" Diameter) or Mongos (1" Diameter)

As long as the number of trip mines per team or player is limited it will not interfere with the "normal" ideals of nerfing. It would be pretty much the same as using a "Bunker Buster" as they used to be called (the Nerf grenades made using a fold up Frisbee) except it would be triggered by someone running by. Even if one were to trip one of these, the spread would most likely be easy to dodge.

One of NERF's old slogans were "Play your game" and that is what many of us plan to do. We intend on playing the game the way we want to, and not be restrained by the "Rules" imposed by the Administrators/Moderators/Veterans of an internet forum.

FrappicinoINC, your ideas are interesting, continue coming up with these ideas. I may be able to use some of these ideas at the wars I host.

Thanks man

#15 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:11 AM

Speak for yourself

Once again, as a friend, not an enemy (even if it doesn't seem like it). It took me a couple times to re-write this because it got too aggressive and unfriendly, and I still think it's a little offensive.

If you want to go and act like you're Colonel McDipshit of the 101st infantry division, go ahead. But do it at a different forum. Its like joining a site dedicated to NASCAR, and then talking about drag racing. Sure, its similar in the way that you play with modified plastic toys, but our principles are different. This site isn't devoted to MILSIM, and I pray it never will be. Our type of Nerf doesn't involve grenade launchers and claymores (if it was, don't you think you'd hear more about them?). If you want to go and talk about elite sn1pers and 42mm grenades, go ahead, but at a different forum. We don't have military tactics or specialized training. We're fucking kids playing with plastic guns trying to tag each other.

Edited by nerfer9, 23 March 2010 - 01:16 AM.

#16 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:36 AM

uh, can we stop bitching over whether or not milsim is a good idea? Aren't we supposed to be discussing the mod here?

Anyhow, I like the simplicity to this. It's basically a bunker buster in a box.
I wouldn't try using a mousetrap with that plastic pencil case. Something will break, and chances are it won't be too good.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#17 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:13 AM

I also made a nerf claymore. Though this isnt as cool as my nerf grenade launcher its basically just an idea. I know it sucks in distance but that's why i posted this so i could get more ideas and hopefully come out with a finished project. So i'm curios to see what you guys think so please comment with ideas.

Here is the link:

Your post quality does not currently comply with the board rules.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules
Please correct your spelling and capitalization from now on.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#18 DFlem

DFlem

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

Speak for yourself

Once again, as a friend, not an enemy (even if it doesn't seem like it). It took me a couple times to re-write this because it got too aggressive and unfriendly, and I still think it's a little offensive.

If you want to go and act like you're Colonel McDipshit of the 101st infantry division, go ahead. But do it at a different forum. Its like joining a site dedicated to NASCAR, and then talking about drag racing. Sure, its similar in the way that you play with modified plastic toys, but our principles are different. This site isn't devoted to MILSIM, and I pray it never will be. Our type of Nerf doesn't involve grenade launchers and claymores (if it was, don't you think you'd hear more about them?). If you want to go and talk about elite sn1pers and 42mm grenades, go ahead, but at a different forum. We don't have military tactics or specialized training. We're fucking kids playing with plastic guns trying to tag each other.

Now this will be my very first post, sad to say, but I feel as though it needs to be said in reply to your statements. You say that if someone wanted to do MilSim they should go play paintball or airsoft correct? Well the origins of paintball was that to be used for marking trees and cattle. Then it eventually evolved into what we now know as: SpeedBall, Scenario, and other variations. The point is the game evolves. Every game evolves and changes in time including common sports such as football and baseball. This forum is dedicated to the modding and building of said nerf guns. Just because he is coming up with a different method of play does not give you any right to scrutinize him at all. Innovation is what keeps things alive, if it did not you would still be using MD-DOS to type your post right now.

#19 Dastardly

Dastardly

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

I've often found that saying "No offense" before saying something offensive really doesn't do as much to mitigate it as you would think. But also:

The reason folks tend away from milsim really comes down to the fact that it can be very limiting--people get wrapped around rules and codes and all that rot. In short, because it is more likely to be taken too seriously by a large section of the participants.

Nerfer, you're taking your aversion to milsim far too seriously, and it's causing you to be a bit of a dick for absolutely zero reason. This guy is being helpful, sharing (not mandating) an idea and asking for feedback. That's EXACTLY what this hobby is about.

I'm sure you've personally had some kind of bad experience with milsim guys in the past. Some real class-A dickbites wearing digi-camo and carrying all-black longshots, slurping up every bit of fun they can grab. But nothing in any of Frap's posts sound anything like that.

He's not that guy. Right now, YOU're being that guy. And I don't know a damn thing about you, but I doubt you're looking to be that guy.

#20 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

This forum really has an absurd problem with camo clothes. I also think its funny that all the rants about Nerf being just a game for kids do it by dropping f-bombs and/or threatening to beat people up. But since that's not what we should be talking about in this thread I'll move on.

As far as improving the two foot ranges go, you should try making shorter then normal stefans, maybe 1/2 or even a 1/4 inch length. You might want to even try balls if you can find some that are small and dense enough.

I agree that in a normal match these aren't going to be helpful. People will either see them and never go near them, or they will be so well hidden nobody will see any hits and the guy who triggers it will just ignore it. However, you could hook one or two up to your flag and it would add an interesting layer of defense. Somebody trying to steal it would either have to take extra time to avoid setting off the bombs, or just do a suicide run so that his teammates can pick it up faster next time.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#21 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

uh, can we stop bitching over whether or not milsim is a good idea? Aren't we supposed to be discussing the mod here?

Apparently not. Instead, let's keep whining like a bunch of ten year olds. "Waaaaa, we don't like anything military here! We don't accept anyone who doesn't agree with our exact views on toy guns, waaaaaaaa!"

The other side of the arguement is nearly as bad.

Frappicino, this would be one of the times you would want to use short stefans. The number of stefans used is going to be more effective than accuracy, because this would be used in very short ranges. I wouldn't even bother using more than one bb per dart (if that is what you use to make stefans).

Edited by durka durka, 23 March 2010 - 06:55 PM.

"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#22 FrappicinoINC

FrappicinoINC

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

I also made a nerf claymore. Though this isnt as cool as my nerf grenade launcher its basically just an idea. I know it sucks in distance but that's why i posted this so i could get more ideas and hopefully come out with a finished project. So i'm curios to see what you guys think so please comment with ideas.

Here is the link:

Your post quality does not currently comply with the board rules.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules
Please correct your spelling and capitalization from now on.

My bad. Thanks for reporting this error. I will now fix my mistakes.

#23 canuck

canuck

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

We don't have military tactics or specialized training. We're fucking kids playing with plastic guns trying to tag each other.

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole
-nerfer9

#24 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:35 PM

While I personally don't approve of milsim in MY wars, you are entirely at liberty to do what ever you want at your own wars. If you want to use singled titans, fine. Or death darts too. Just know that there are certain things that the NIC will always erotically massage, and that the NerfHaven isn't at fault for anything you do, including using matte-black guns in public or shooting at cops. We can not stop you from using claymores or grenade launchers in your wars. So just keep posting your material, alot of people will be critical of its uses in a war, and I am sure that someone will give you a good idea for your mod.

Edit: I am not recommending any of the above scenarios, just stating that the NIC can not stop you, or be held responsible for you actions.

Edited by laxtk88, 23 March 2010 - 06:46 PM.

QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#25 ricochet

ricochet

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

Today I had nothing to do, so I got some mousetraps and modified your design. It is very very basic at the moment, but it provides enough to test with. My theory turned out to be right, and if angled correctly, can achieve possibly 10ft...rat traps would probably add another 5 feet if i used rat traps. Maybe ill get some pics up for you to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users