Updated with a new problem!

10 replies to this topic

#1 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

I'm afraid that I cut the right part a little too much, thus exposing the air chambers more. Can I fill the two on the right with hot glue, so that they look identical to the left two, and have the same sized hole? Would this maintain a proper seal?

Posted Image

Edited by Noodleownz, 16 March 2010 - 06:39 PM.

It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#2 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

Just pump it up and see if those tanks leak. It doesn't seem to be cut too deep. If it is, though, hot glue would not be a good choice, go with goop instead.

You can drill out the holes with a 21/64" bit, no problems, so I think you should be safe. Drilling it out is easy too, the plastic just pops out.

#3 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

I would say epoxy putty would be better than goop because you can sand/drill it afterward.

#4 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

UPDATE:

I have another problem with my tetra strike. The fourth barrel never fires. No matter what I do, single shot or multiple shot the dart won't leave the barrel. It had this problem when it was stock also. Everything is sealed nicely and I don't hear any air escaping. What could the problem be? Please click the link below to see the problem in a video.
Example of the Problem

Edited by Noodleownz, 16 March 2010 - 06:46 PM.

It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#5 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

The tank isn't receiving air.

#6 shadow archer

shadow archer

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:47 PM

Or he isn't pulling the trigger far enough.
-shadow

#7 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

Or he isn't pulling the trigger far enough.
-shadow

Shadow you were correct.
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#8 shadow archer

shadow archer

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

I have to say this, but most people aren't used to pulling the trigger all the way back, unless they are told that you have too. It just takes a little getting used to.
-shadow

#9 nostyleguy

nostyleguy

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

Yeah i had to tell a friend to 'pull harder' to get the fourth barrel to fire. Its quite a stretch. Some putty in front of the trigger to expand the perceived 'stroke' helps though.

Not to derail the thread, but since there isn't exactly an abundance of TetraStrike threads available, I wanted to ask a question. Have you plugged the pump? If so, and you're pluming to pretty high pressures, can you get the gun to behave normally?

My problem is that the increased force needed to pull the firing pins is so much that it warps the trigger plate enough that the tanks either (A) open slowly resulting in a crappy range, or (B) the second and third barrels fire at the same time, regardless of how slowly I pull the trigger.

I tried reinforcing the trigger plate, and did a pretty good job I think. I filled in almost every possible surface (that wasn't used in sliding) with epoxy putty, and added some coat-hangar-wire across the gap between the fourth tank and the trigger (this is where most of the warping takes place).

Anyways, it still isn't enough. The tanks can take extremely high pressures, but the trigger just can't pull them reliably. Short of machining a metal trigger plate, or designing a new trigger system, I'm not sure what to do.

Edited by nostyleguy, 17 March 2010 - 12:26 AM.

#10 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

To go back to your first post, I think it's normal for the bottom two barrels to have a wider hole then the top two. If you look at the barrels you cut off, you'll see that the top two start right where the tank ends, but the bottom two have an extra gap so that the barrels all end in a line. In order to make them fire the same stock distance, the bottom two have to have better airflow. This probably means you can actually widen the top 2 holes, but I didn't try it on mine.

Not to derail the thread, but since there isn't exactly an abundance of TetraStrike threads available, I wanted to ask a question. Have you plugged the pump? If so, and you're pluming to pretty high pressures, can you get the gun to behave normally?

My problem is that the increased force needed to pull the firing pins is so much that it warps the trigger plate enough that the tanks either (A) open slowly resulting in a crappy range, or (B) the second and third barrels fire at the same time, regardless of how slowly I pull the trigger.

I tested my pump-replaced TetraStrike this morning, and it doesn't seem to have any of these problems. You might have just gotten a lemon (or I suppose mine just hasn't worn down yet). Whichever turns out to be true, they're only 8 dollar blasters, and I would consider buying a second one just for the trigger plate.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 18 March 2010 - 10:26 PM.

"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#11 Pearson2

Pearson2

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:38 AM

Yeah i had to tell a friend to 'pull harder' to get the fourth barrel to fire. Its quite a stretch. Some putty in front of the trigger to expand the perceived 'stroke' helps though.

I tried reinforcing the trigger plate, and did a pretty good job I think. I filled in almost every possible surface (that wasn't used in sliding) with epoxy putty, and added some coat-hangar-wire across the gap between the fourth tank and the trigger (this is where most of the warping takes place).

Anyways, it still isn't enough. The tanks can take extremely high pressures, but the trigger just can't pull them reliably. Short of machining a metal trigger plate, or designing a new trigger system, I'm not sure what to do.

This is a problem I hadn't come across. I found that unless you were able to increase the plunger stroke it was impossible to overpump the tetra strike. The short plunger would often cause a pocket of air to force the plunger head back up before the air could be jamed past the check valve.
Crooked: Did you see that guy who singled a doomsayer?

Pearson: Why would you single a doomsayer? Thats like taking a Ferarri and putting family seating in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users