A Question

Air reservoir

9 replies to this topic

#1 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

I have searched the forum for the answer so I am sorry if it has escaped me. If it has please tell me where to find it and I will negate this post. I have been interested in the idea of frostbite which dizzy made a while ago. I was wondering if you could use an air tank instead of the bladder he used in this project besides shell restriction. If not why? Any help is much appreciated this could lead to a good project.

#2 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

I really do not mean to backseat mod, but try Pm'ing him.
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#3 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:41 PM

First of all I have tried. Second its not very fair that because he came up with the bladder in frostbite he gets every question pertaining to the topic thereafter.

Edited by runedrig, 16 March 2010 - 09:00 PM.

#4 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:43 PM

First of all I have tried. Second its not very fair that because he came up with the bladder he gets every question thereafter.

Alright, not really sure what the second half of that statement meant, but whatever.
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#5 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:43 PM

Of course you could. The advantage of a bladder is that it keeps a fairly constant pressure (up to a point), as it expands as it pressurizes. With a hard tank you run into the problem of not being able to utilize anything below ~35 PSI (in normal size tanks), which means a lot of wasted pumping. You also run into the problem of too much pressure in a hard tank (you do in a bladder as well, but only after it can't stretch anymore). However hard tanks are obviously much more durable and capable of higher pressures if that's what you need.

#6 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

But would a tank allow you to store more air and does the psi matter if you are transferring it to other tanks?

#7 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

Yes and yes.

#8 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

So higher psi in the tank would mean higher psi in the at2k tank after transfer?

#9 ChaosRaisin

ChaosRaisin

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

So higher psi in the tank would mean higher psi in the at2k tank after transfer?

Basically, yes.
Zorn- "Or, if you play the socal/"real" way, you have some pokeballs, some energy cards, and two dudes in caps who yell at each other."

#10 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

Alright if that is true my questions are solved. Thank you for your time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users