Doubled Recon With Twin Drums

34 replies to this topic

#1 Trogdorian Grey

Trogdorian Grey

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

Posted Image
So I've had this idea for a while now, and finally got it working. I have two modded Recons fused together side by side linked to the same handle and trigger. I also got the Raider drum to work flipped to either side, so each one can have a 35 round drum.
Posted Image
It's heavy, but not as unweildly as you'd think, and cocking it isn't much of a problem. The locks on the slide and clip catch are removed, so you can clear jams easier. I toyed around with having the trigger fire one barrel with half a pull and the other all the way, but it was too unreliable, so for now they both fire at once.
Posted Image
I'm still doing a bit of body work to it, and then it's going to be painted. Also, a bit of warning for people who try to make this: A) It's expensive. $30 each for 2 Raiders and $20 each for 2 Recons makes it $100 retail. (You still get two clip-fed Raiders out of it in the end, but it's a lot of cash for blasters you're going to hack up)
B) There is a ton of work involved in getting everything linked together. Don't expect to finish it over one evening.

Posted Image
Posted Image
and here's what I did to one of the Recons. They make good compact pistols when you chop down the barrel. I had to widen the jam door and make a side cocking slide to work in place of the foregrip pump.

#2 gizidemo

gizidemo

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:10 PM

very clean nice
QUOTE(cheerios @ May 16 2010, 04:41 AM)

How much for the quadshit.

#3 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

Thank you......I've wanted to do this forever, for the warhammer 40k fans 'hello storm bolter'

Also love the raider, good job on everything.

#4 meatballica

meatballica

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:21 PM

I really like what you did with the raider. If you did the nite raider mod to it and extended the barrel then you got yourself a good secondary that doesn't suck ass.
"You've waged your war on nerves, but you can't crush the kingdom."

#5 Airsoftguy777

Airsoftguy777

Do not buy/sell with this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

That is the sexiest Raider ever. Period.
Nerf in Texas? Join us. <a href="http://texasnerf.lefora.com/" target="_blank">http://texasnerf.lefora.com/</a>

#6 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

The double Recon is a nice peice of work. That Raider though, holy shit, that is redicously clean.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#7 pinz321

pinz321

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

Write-up for that raider? I really want to make one!
Effeminate quotes
uin13 a.k.a ice.-have you ever wondered why root-beer
has the word "beer" in it?

BritNerfMogul- Since when have McDonalds and Nerf been associated?

FURYfire, not Fluryfire.

#8 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

Wow. I'm really impressed with the dual recon. Its so awesome that it's almost wrong. How did you set up the trigger? Do you have any internal shots of it?

Edited by Mehku, 13 March 2010 - 08:00 PM.

#9 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

Could you post a write-up on the raider? It's looks damn good! Great job on the recon too!
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#10 Beavis

Beavis

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

I am a bit confused. Is the cocking slide the thing on the side with the star painted on it? If so, that is really cool.

#11 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

Those 2 3 blasters are pimpin, they look like they'd absolutely pwn in an indoor war!

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#12 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

Thats looks very nice and clean, I am jealous.
I think my bullshit meter just exploded. What the fuck you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

#13 Vinnie D

Vinnie D

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

I keep looking at that sawed off Raider and I can't figure out how you prime it. So where did you move it to?

#14 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:21 PM

Simply awesome. Something new and intuitive that isn't just another diddle cannon. I've recently became very interested in projects like this for use at the CQ port townsend venue. I really wanna do this, and I think a multistage trigger would really add some functionality. Great work my friend.

#15 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

I was wondering, how you would open up both recons to work on them?

I just thought how cool the raider would it be, if it cocked under the mag. then I relised it'd then be a reshelled deploy...

Edited by Lion, 14 March 2010 - 09:51 PM.

#16 Agent x-eagle

Agent x-eagle

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:16 AM

That is really sweet, very creative.
“I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.”
― Mark Twain

#17 debandgeek12

debandgeek12

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:30 AM

I am unable to see the new priming handle for the shortened Raider. More information/pictures please?
It's time to pretend.

mysterio
the leaking was all in the bladder

Yay, the IRC.

#18 canuck

canuck

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:18 AM

That is amazing.
Two Questions though-

Can you find a way to make the recon slam fire?

and

What plastic solvent did you use?

I think my cerrebelum fused when the page loaded, keep it up.
We don't have military tactics or specialized training. We're fucking kids playing with plastic guns trying to tag each other.
-nerfer9

#19 Ner Commando

Ner Commando

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:53 AM

Aw man you beat me to it. I was thinking of doing the same thing with the raider, but I decided not to. That recon looks amazingly beast. Any chance of a writeup?

#20 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:49 AM

Posted Image

Ive been wanting to do that since I first saw the stupid thing.... I love it (except for painting the barrel tip, thats a no no.)

You don't happen to have an extra raider foregrip laying around do you?

Don
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#21 Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:48 PM

Great work, at first site I thought you had simply slapped two recons together, but everything came out so nicely, and the raider is fantastic as well.
Shrimp!

#22 Trogdorian Grey

Trogdorian Grey

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:33 AM

My plan was to find screws just the right size and long enough to go completely through the first recon and fit snugly into the holes in the second, but I couldn't find anything that worked, so the left Recon is now unopenable. The right one still opens normaly. There is no way I know to make a Recon slam fire. As for the priming mechanism on the Raider, there are two protruding screws coming out of the plate with a star on it. You pull back the slide using them (as mentioned earlier, the slide window must be made wider to allow it to reach the back where it cocks. It's not that uncomfortable to prime. Slam Fire does not work on the pistol version of the Raider, but without a drum, it's usless anyway. I'll take some more pics this evening to show what was done to them, and I have the second raider I'm going to pistol convert for a write-up.

#23 Colseg

Colseg

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

Thank you......I've wanted to do this forever, for the warhammer 40k fans 'hello storm bolter'

Also love the raider, good job on everything.

Man it would be so awsome if you took the doubled recons and added some asthetics to make it look like a storm bolter. You could make a box out of plastic or cardboard like the one on this
Posted Image
as a cover for the double drums and paint it like
Posted Image
and man would it own.
ps. Sorry about the big pictures they were the only good ones i could find.
pss. It would also be cool it you could make the cocking bar you added to look like the bit on top of the second storm bolter.

Edited by Colseg, 15 March 2010 - 06:27 PM.

Fight My Brute http://colseg.mybrute.com

#24 Borgadin

Borgadin

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

Instead of screws You could try threaded rod, nuts and washers.It would allow You to open up the Blasters afterwards for maintenance (sp?) or further modding.
Statistically 1 out of every 3 persons in the world are crazy, If your 2 closest friends are both sane Guess What?
Fight My Brutes Furball666 and B.A.Hairy

#25 reconsareweird

reconsareweird

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:30 AM

THIS MIGHT BE ONE OF THE BEST RECON MODS I'VE EVER SEEN. AND I'VE SEEN A LOT. Dude, kudos on the labor and money spent. Clean.
2 years ago by Wisey1
Hey! I do not worship him [FA24], I was saying that all the little nerdy kids (among many others) on NerfHaven do...

Who are you callin' little, FUCKTARD!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users