Chicago Warmup War

Now Recapping Starting on Page 2

20 replies to this topic

#1 Snake51886

Snake51886

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

I've got the Nerfing itch and a busy schedule in March, which is why I can't make Beaver and Mehku's war. It's a last minute Nerf outing and more for just doing something.

When: March 28, 2010 11:00am-5:00pm

Where: Centennial Park
9400 S Oak Park Ave
Oak Lawn, IL 60453

Posted Image
(It's the same old pic, blah blah blah)

Rules:
-Don't be a douche, or I'll ask you to leave

Here's what to bring:
- Nerf Blasters and backups in case of breakage
- Eye Protection, or else you won’t be able to play
- Ammo, obviously
- Snacks and Drinks

Banned Stuff:
- Stefans with a glue tip/dome head, SLUG DARTS ARE THE ONLY STEFANS ALLOWED
- Pump Replaced Air Guns (marv salvos excluded)
- Hopper Clips
- Barrel Replacements over 9"
- Anything that is dangerous/unfair/hampers fun of others

Who's Attending:
Snake51886 + 12
Bunstock
AcepilotZero
Merzlin
LiterSize

Maybes:
The MN Gaysex Party Train

Highly Doubtful:

Questions, comments, sand in the mangina? Post it here or pm if its of a personal nature.

Edited by Snake51886, 29 March 2010 - 12:52 AM.

#2 bunstock

bunstock

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

Awesome a March war, I thought that there wouldn't be a Chicago war until B2B and Cataclysm. put me down as a definite.
"Don't worry about the cops, they're entertained by what we do." - Snake

#3 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

Awesome a March war, I thought that there wouldn't be a Chicago war until B2B and Cataclysm. put me down as a definite.

hmmm.... 2-war weekend? I could get used to that.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#4 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:49 PM

Sign me up as a maybe!

#5 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:29 PM

Maybes:
Kane

I'm pretty sure he's not coming. We'll be coming home from MN during the war.

#6 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:42 PM

Maybes:
Kane

I'm pretty sure he's not coming. We'll be coming home from MN during the war.

Yeah, and I'm going to try and push you into your car early.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#7 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:55 PM

Yeah, and I'm going to try and push you into your car early.

You should know I don't wake up before noon.

#8 AcepilotZero

AcepilotZero

Scoggins

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

Count me in! Can I bring my brother?
Lord of the flywheels.

#9 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

Count me in Snake. Sounds like it will be a blast

#10 Snake51886

Snake51886

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

It's a week to wartime, and I checked the park and surrounding areas. I managed to find handfuls of darts from last year, still usable! :D The ground looks to be in good shape, and let's plan on meeting by the playground area.

The playground area is located at 93 street and Natchez Ave. There is also extremely limited parking there, so if you get there early you don't need to make the hike.

There's no real schedule for this war, but if you have any suggestions for types of rounds and whatnot feel free to post your requests. We've got some new things to try and this should be a great start to the season!

#11 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

The MN party train will most likely make an appearance for this.

#12 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

Quick note: I've made some revisions to the vesticles, and am looking for more! So if anyone's got Dart Tag vests that're gathering dust and are willing to give to me please bring'em along.

#13 Snake51886

Snake51886

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

War day is tomorrow! The weather forcast reports 50 with possible showers overnight into tomorrow morning. So make sure you wear your rubbers...

Anyway, rain or shine we will be nerfing. Be sure to check the rules again before the war! See everyone tomorrow!

#14 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

Awesome! Do you mind if I use my SNAP bow? Also, if you have like 5~" of 19/32 Brass I'd love to buy some, Heavencloud's LNL is almost done except for the breech.

#15 Snake51886

Snake51886

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:07 PM

Banned Stuff:
- Hopper Clips

The Snap is fine, provided it fits abides by the rules. But SNAP's are fun and I'll probably have you build me one soon enough! :D I'll check for the brass at home tonight.

#16 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:40 AM

Banned Stuff:

The other bans make sense as you're trying to cut out more pump-efficient big blasts and 3ks/2ks/1500s with hornet/magstrike instead of stock/2k pumps but the barrel limit doesn't make sense at all if you're trying to cut down on overpowered blasters. In fact, you should mandate that everyone use barrels 4" or shorter or longer than 2' in order to truly equalize range. The limit of 9" does nothing to reduce the effectiveness of blasters that would probably get thrown into the "hampers fun of others" category but will completely cripple HAMPs which are pretty much the silliest blaster in existence. However, 9" is around the optimal range for the less-noticed blasters which probably put out equivalent power to what you're trying to ban, such as internal replaced crossbows (which really should be banned, if you're banning pump replaced 1500s) and PASs. Allowing crossbows while banning HAMPs is very ad hoc.

You should just bring a blaster and say "anything that outperforms this by some predetermined combination of range and/or RoF is not allowed"
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#17 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:29 AM

Banned Stuff:

The other bans make sense as you're trying to cut out more pump-efficient big blasts and 3ks/2ks/1500s with hornet/magstrike instead of stock/2k pumps but the barrel limit doesn't make sense at all if you're trying to cut down on overpowered blasters. In fact, you should mandate that everyone use barrels 4" or shorter or longer than 2' in order to truly equalize range. The limit of 9" does nothing to reduce the effectiveness of blasters that would probably get thrown into the "hampers fun of others" category but will completely cripple HAMPs which are pretty much the silliest blaster in existence. However, 9" is around the optimal range for the less-noticed blasters which probably put out equivalent power to what you're trying to ban, such as internal replaced crossbows (which really should be banned, if you're banning pump replaced 1500s) and PASs. Allowing crossbows while banning HAMPs is very ad hoc.

You should just bring a blaster and say "anything that outperforms this by some predetermined combination of range and/or RoF is not allowed"

My guns don't have barrel replacements over 9". Almost every barrel is the original barrel that I made the gun with.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#18 Snake51886

Snake51886

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:51 AM

Zorn, why does the ban list for a war which YOU WERE NEVER GOING TO ATTEND matter to you?

Anyway, were recapping now. My full reviews will be up tomorrow but a big thanks to everyone who made it out and thanks to everyone for helping me put on a great war!

#19 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:58 AM

Zorn, why does the ban list for a war which YOU WERE NEVER GOING TO ATTEND matter to you?

Because you're hosting wars in the future, especially B2B which you have not updated the rule list for but I presume will follow this.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#20 Snake51886

Snake51886

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

Zorn, you're such a smart cookie!

This was was a warmup, and we tried some new rules and whatnot. Everything worked out very well from the feedback I was given. Later today I'll be updating B2B with the necessary stuffs!

#21 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

Just some quick notes while digging through the photos/videos:

- Still toying around with medic/healing rules

- Things moved pretty quickly, in and out of rounds without a lot of waiting.

- So. Much. Rushing. Axes, Raiders, Recons oh my!

- Vesticles, still WIP with soggy ground.

- Buncha new faces and players, good to see some fresh blood having a good first war experience.

More pics and vids to follow, and more detailed writeup.

This pic kinda sums up the day we had, maybe?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by LiterSize, 30 March 2010 - 10:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users