"epic Summer 2010 Nerfmania"

Washington State

49 replies to this topic

#1 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:00 AM

Hello my fellow Nerfers. I'm in the planning stages for what I'm calling "Effeminate Summer 2010 Nerfmania". I'm going to try and run wars May through August with a couple of cool guns I'm giving away near the end. If you already know of vacation dates , etc. let me know. Our goal is to get a great turn out all summer long. So get your friends together and start passing the word now so we can look forward to a Effeminate SUMMER!!!! Feel free to let me know what game types you want to see during "Effeminate Summer 2010 Nerfmania".

I'll look forward to your feedback. Keep checking back I'll be posting more in the very near future.

Edited by Dayko, 10 March 2010 - 02:01 AM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#2 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

Kick. Ass. I know I saw you at the war @Marymoore, and the one at uh... What whas that park, the one with the skate part right next to it and all the old people walking around? I think it starts with a C... But anyway, yeah, you had the pink shirt/bandanna and tactical vest, right? :lol: That was pretty awesome.
Anyway, back on topic. I think some pretty standard Capture the Flag, HvZ, Team Deathmatch, etc. rounds would be cool. A couple games I played at the last war I went to were amazingly fun, and would be a great addition. The ones I remember from last November are Man With the Golden Gun, and The Alamo.
With Man With The Golden Gun, one guy is neutral and walks around for the entire round, pretty aimlessly not paying attention to their surroundings. However, there is a gun at the top (or center, or wherever you'd place it) of the building (We played this at Battery Kinzie in Port Townsend), locked to a post or something like that. There are pieces of paper placed throughout your battle area with numbers on them, all a part of a combination. Each team needs to be the first one to find all the numbers and go unlock the gun. The gun is usually a relatively inaccurate, unwieldy blaster; we used an LBB. But yeah, when you unlock the gun, you get the 2 rocket ammo, and have to go find the guy, and shoot him. The first team to successfully do that wins.
The Alamo is sort of a mix between HvZ and King of the Hill; there are two teams, the Mexicans, and the defending Americans. Mexicans get pistols only, and usually outnumber the Americans at least 2 to 1, while The Americans are pinned inside an area (which happened to be the top tower room on the roof of the fort), with a relatively low range gun, with multiple shots. Usually the guns have reverse plungers; people were using things like Raiders and Fury fires. The catch is that Americans can't reload I believe, which is why they get turreted guns and such.
But yeah, I'm a bit fuzzy on the details of the games, but we could always modify the rules a bit when war time comes. Depending on where it is and when, I would do my best to show up, +1. My friend (Grenada here on the forums if he posts in the thread here) would be giving me a ride, we can't drive yet and it's his turn for the drive. Anyway, I'm sure this will get going more once Summer starts drawing closer, so I'll ask more questions then when the time comes. I hope this gets a good turn out!

#3 Darth Freyr

Darth Freyr

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:06 AM

Awesome, sounds Effeminate. I know I will be gone from July 2 until July 17. Hopefully I will also have a job, however that can probably be worked around. What sort of locations/ranges have you been looking at?
Broderick, on the Alamo, the defenders are allowed to reload. However this is often impossible or unnecessary due to short rounds, oncoming attackers, and Raider drums.
Please email me rather than sending a PM. I am DarthFreyr at gmail dot com

#4 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

right on dayko!Im glad that someone is stepping up to be the local area host. With my "retirement" i was worried that the area would grow stagnant again. but between you and the wars hoosted out at fort kinzee (or whatever) it looks like nerf will stay alive and maybe continue to grow. like i told ya before if you host in my neck of the woods i will try and make it out.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#5 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

Thanks Sunshine.

Here is some of the dates that I thought we would use. If any of these don't work for people let me know.

April 24

May 15

June 5

June 26

July 17

July 31

August 21

How do these dates sound to people?

As for where we will be nerfing I will be doing some scouting soon and let people know some of the spots that look good.

#6 Darth Freyr

Darth Freyr

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:43 PM

I won't make July 17 and I'm busy from 8 am to 12pm on June 26, but the rest of the dates sound good so far. I may be able to help with scouting locations in the Kirkland area, if need be.

#7 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

All of the dates after May 15th look good to me, since I'm on the baseball team and my games end on the 7th of May. I'll be working this summer as well, but it's for my father so I'm sure I can work some dates out, haha.

#8 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

I was really hoping that someone would host in washington this summer! Looks awesome and you can count me in for a good few of those games. What about this spring break? would anyone be down for a war?

#9 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

I was really hoping that someone would host in washington this summer! Looks awesome and you can count me in for a good few of those games. What about this spring break? would anyone be down for a war?

Spring break sounds good. Either Sunday will work for me (track eats up all other days of the week)

#10 007nerfer

007nerfer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:37 PM

Sweet, this sounds awesome. I'm glad theres someone in WA, that is hosting multiple wars. But I probably will be able to make all the dates except for june 26, peace.

#11 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:45 AM

Tantum, Sundays are actually bad for me. Its one of two days a week that I'm working, there doesn't really seem to be much interest in a spring break war anyhow. :)

#12 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

Sorry guys I haven't posted in awhile. I had my wisdom teeth pulled Monday and I have been out of it since then.

Whens your guys spring break?

I'm planning to host a small war in my neck of the woods near the end of the month. I'll get back to you on a specific date. Its going to be at Game Farm park in Auburn. This small war is just to dust off the blasters and get some new people to play.

As for the park for the big wars this summer I'm trying to find a park more central to everyone. I'm going to be scouting Magnuson park. If anyone has any info on this park please tell me.

#13 Darth Freyr

Darth Freyr

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:26 PM

My spring break starts on March 27 and runs for 9 days including weekends until April 4. I would probably go to an Auburn war.

#14 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

I live right by Magnuson. A lot of people do go there, but it is HUGE so there will always be somewhere to move if the original spot gets crowded. Any of the places farther from the water usually don't have a lot of people at them. Tell me if you need any specific details and I'd be glad to provide. Next time I'm there I can do some scouting for secluded locations.

If the venue does end up being magnuson, I can tell you right now that I can easily get as many people involved as there are guns to go around.

Edited by TantumBull, 20 March 2010 - 10:53 PM.

#15 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:21 PM

My break officailly starts monday and is a week long. Depending on the day I could do an auburn war.

#16 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

I'm guessing Magnuson Park's in Seattle? Anywhere around Seattle or south of there would be fine for me, since I'm down in Olympia, and driving more than an hour and a half to any location is pretty far out of the way for me. (For the next year and a half at least. :))
My spring break goes the 5th to the 9th, as far as school days are concerned. Weekends are.. yeah, weekends. So yeah, it seems like we have similar spring breaks. Not sure on my friend's break, but it's probably the same week.
As far as the weather goes though, it's pretty early to be thinking about it, but since the last few days have been around 70 degrees, hopefully April will be nice and warm, making happy nerfers.

#17 tuna the fish

tuna the fish

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

I would be down for one in the next few weeks. though i'm busy this next weekend.

#18 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

The warm-up war is going to be on the 28 ( next Sunday ) at 130 ( after lunch ) at Game Farm Park.Auburn . Lets have a tentative head count. This is a great chance to grab new people and expose them to everything they have been missing.

Who's coming???

#19 Darth Freyr

Darth Freyr

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:19 PM

I should be there. It sounds like fun. What time do you think it will be over? Hopefully I can finish my SNAP in time. To those of you who saw my first SNAP, it is based on a SNAPBow MK.V with 6 RSCBs and a lighter plunger rod.

#20 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

Could you link the parking lot / meeting area on google maps?

#21 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:44 AM

Im a very tentative yes. I'll need to see if I can get a shift covered at work.
Freyr, I, with all due respect and jest, hope that you do not finish your new diddle cannon in time.

#22 tuna the fish

tuna the fish

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:46 AM

Thats too bad. i'm out of town that day.

#23 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

GAME FARM
Address: 3030 R ST SE Auburn, WA

This park is divided in different areas. There is an Amphitheater located just off the very end of the parking. That’s a good area with clearing and cover. Makes a great spot for smaller group play.

Google Maps:
http://www.google.co...om=1&iwloc=addr

DRIVING DIRECTIONS

3030 R ST SE
From I-5 or Hwy 167, take the Hwy 18 East. Take the Auburn-Enumclaw exit. At the end of the ramp, turn left onto Auburn Way South. Continue south on Auburn Way. At the intersection of 'M' Street, be in the right hand lane to take Howard Road. At the end of the Howard Road, take a right onto 'R' St. SE. Continue through the light at 29th S.E. The park is on your left. The picnic shelter and amphitheater are at the end of the park road.

Follow the entrance road, wind around a bit; just follow it to the end and park. The Amphitheater area is accessible either left or right paths from parking lot just over a small rise.

Call if you get lost or have questions. (I’ll pm my # to everyone who said they are coming.)

Looking forward to nerfing with everyone this Sunday.

To Darth Freyr: I'm pretty much a die hard lol. Everyone is free to pull out when they want to. This is just laid back fun.

Edited by Dayko, 23 March 2010 - 08:23 PM.

#24 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

Sunday seems like out of all days would work best for me; I hope to be there, but I've got to mod some serious nerf on the conference days off that I have. I also need to let my friend know about this tonight. I'll post back later probably.

#25 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:19 AM

Wow, I haven't been on NH for the entirety of my spring break and then this comes up. I have stuff planned that day, so I wont be going. Sorry.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users