Photo

Whats Wrong With My Longshot?

7 replies to this topic

#1 NerfArmory

NerfArmory

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

I just got a yellow longshot from Toys R Us. And somethings wrong with it. The front gun wont clip onto the main gun correctly. It hooks in but the slightest pull will remove it. almost like the orange tab isnt fully extendin or something. Any mods that could fix this?
To Nerf, Or not to Nerf? That is the question.

#2 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:18 PM

Pictures would help. And be appreciated, I'd like to see this.

If there's physically a melt or a smear in the contours of the muzzle/male connector on the main gun, I'd return it. That might be causing your problem.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#3 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

As far as I can tell, the problem seems to be that you're connecting the front gun to the longshot.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#4 mystefanssuck

mystefanssuck

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

As far as I can tell, the problem seems to be that you're connecting the front gun to the longshot.

i agree
my stefans are good just couldnt think of another name

#5 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

i agree

You're agreement is not sufficient for it's own post.

#6 archangel24

archangel24

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

The same thing happened to me when I bought a yellow longshot. I didn't keep mine stock for long but I think the problem is that the Spring behind the nub on the attachment is weaker and is unable to put sufficient pressure to keep it attached.
QUOTE(Talio @ Oct 14 2010, 10:37 PM) View Post

I would much perfer a game that's free of KY. I like it rough. Right, Vacc?

"She went all Ghetto Fab on you."

#7 NerfArmory

NerfArmory

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

Lol thanks guys. Yeah ive decided to try my hand at modding it. Getting rid of the front gun. Make it not much of a loser but of more a combat gun. This would be my first internal mod :) and I think im ready.
To Nerf, Or not to Nerf? That is the question.

#8 alberty

alberty

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

It does sound like the nub that sticks out of the back of LSFG is misaligned and therefore clicking into place. You'd just have to open up the LSFG and realign everything (the nub does have a spring in it, by the way). However, unmodded, the LSFG attachment is useless.

Take it off and either integrate it or put it away for now. One common part to take from it is its handle/grip--you can use those for whatever mods you need a trigger for. You can still integrate the core part of the LSFG even after taking away the trigger, because you'd usually use some keyring or something to fire it when integrated.

Good luck with working on your Longshot, and please read and search the modifications directories and threads to avoid asking unnecessary questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users