1.) Why would you pump it up and let it sit overnight? I fail to see the advantage of this. Bladder blasters (magstrike, powerclip, rf20, etc.) maintain a constant pressure system due to the elasticity of the bladder material. You're probably destroying the memory of the rubber/latex/whatever by doing this. This seems to be the equivalent of priming a springer and letting it sit overnight, inevitably weakening the spring in the process.
2.) Why does it matter if a blaster can maintain full pressure overnight? Are you expecting to be assaulted by zombies in your sleep? In realistic applications, I can't imagine needing an airtank of any kind to hold pressure for more than a few minutes before use. You should really get in the habit of keeping your blasters "primed" for as little time as possible before use, it'll make them last much longer.
1) I did not pump it to maximum capacity. That would undoubtedly damage the bladder. I only pumped it up a bit to check for leaks.
1.5) Leave a super thin latex balloon inflated and it doesn't lose elasticity very noticeably (which would cause it to expand even further, which it does not). Granted, it looses air, but... Leave a bike tire pumped and it doesn't lose elasticity. I think a thick bladder such as that on the RF20 will be fine.
2) I have had experiences with air pressure guns losing pressure over a 30 minute mission and almost costing me my life.
3) I have often heard of manufacturing inconsistencies that cause Nerf bladders to fail after a very short time (or leak right out of the box).
4) The point was not to see if it would hold pressure overnight specifically, simply to check for leaks. If it held up that well for a few hours, I feel confident that it will hold up for the 1-2 hour missions that I will be planning and running.
5) You NEVER know when you'll be assaulted by zombies. I was attacked last semester leaving the local Safeway by a zombie on a bike. If my Powerclip had not been freshly pumped (it has a slow leak), I would have bitten the dust right there.
Edited by Zed8, 03 March 2010 - 07:55 PM.