Photo

Longshot, Stefans/cdts's

3 replies to this topic

#1 aznshents

aznshents

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:59 AM

(Here's hoping now that I finally get verified, my first post isn't a stupid question)

I have a stock Longshot that I plan on doing some very basic mods to: removing the ARs, adding/replacing the spring, and padding the plunger.

I have two questions:

1) Would a BBB or a Maxshot spring work better inserted in tandem with the stock Longshot spring?

2) Taking out the peg and the air restrictor, I'm assuming that the gun can now take any type of dart. Would 2.5 inch Stefans work with the gun and stock clip or would I have to use converted stefans that I would make out of streamline foam?

Thanks!

Edited by aznshents, 02 March 2010 - 10:00 AM.

#2 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

Ok so when it comes to longshots don't try to add all the extra spring power, the bolt sled will break to easily. I personally think you should swap the longshot spring with the BBB spring to give it some more power. Also most likely if the stefans are 2.5 inches, you will need to mod your clip so when the stefans are in the clip they dont bend or fall. If you really want to use stefans you could try making 3 inch darts so they are the same length as regular stock darts. Also Welcome to the Haven!
Signatures, phigmatures, who uses those anymore. Oh me.

#3 aznshents

aznshents

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

3 inch then, haha, I do mean as long as the darts themselves. As long as the stefans are as long as the stock darts, the stefans will work fine? Or will there be aerodynamic problems with having a 3-inch long stefan and should I just convert some streamlines?

#4 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

3 inch then, haha, I do mean as long as the darts themselves. As long as the stefans are as long as the stock darts, the stefans will work fine? Or will there be aerodynamic problems with having a 3-inch long stefan and should I just convert some streamlines?

In my personal experience, I've made three inch darts for this exact purpose, and they seem to fishtail a lot. As in, more than streamlines out of a titan. You should probably use CDTD's, or mod the magazine.

Edited by jaybo1996, 02 March 2010 - 10:33 AM.

01:15 N9> The problem with nerfers: We're around plastic. Plastic contains estrogenic compounds, so we're more feminine than the rest of the world.

WTF, are you in Tony Stark's basement!?'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users