Kharma, Karma, And Carma

progress?

1 reply to this topic

#1 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 09:13 PM

is there an approximate release for the kharma system? i think it's a great idea, and i would like to see it in effect as soon as possible. it appears that there has been enough daily flow on the site lately to make good use of the system.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 10:56 PM

There is definitely enough traffic to put it to the test. Unfortunately I still have a lot of hacking to do before that will be implemented.

The ISP problems, server move, and a recent re-kindling of interest in modding have kept me from working on it as much as I'd like. Rest assured however that I will keep at it.

-- If you don't really care about the details you can stop here --

I'm setting up a Linux testbed wich will mirror the configuration of our ISP server: Apache 1.3.27, Perl 5.006001, PHP 4.3.1, and MySQL 3.23.54. I'm going to install the newest version (1.1 Final) of Invision Power Board, do a test conversion of our database, write the karma code in it's entirety, and test it on that server. When I'm convinced that it's working properly I'll shut down NH, re-convert our database to 1.1, add the new tables and fields necessary for karma, and bring things back up under the new version. Using this development method, I get to fully test the new version of the forum software and develop karma on a non-production system. Ideally there won't be more than an hour of downtime when it's all done.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users