Dart Tag Blaster Modification Help

Please help!

9 replies to this topic

#1 vicious foam

vicious foam

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

I am a big fan of the dtb. It WAS my indoor primary, but i wanted more power. So I tried adding a spring...
I snapped the plunger rod after 20 minutes of hassle.
I got a replacement, but still wanted to add a spring.
So I divised a plan.

I sawed off the part of the rod where it curves upward and drilled a hole at the end. I weaved
a wire through the hole and tied it on. Then I pulled the wire out the back and planned on using that to cock it. After that i added a spring (not sure wich one) and drilled out the middle of the AR. Next, planning on clip modding the turret, i glued the ARs on. Now, i didnt think that the ARs were glued on flat enough, so I abondoned the clip idea and screwed the turret back together as normal.

But....
I lost the spring off of the front of the plunger tube that pushes the little air nozzle thing (lacking terminology)
close to the turret. Then i lost my replacement (stupid cat). I tried firing it several times and everything sounds
correct but its not firing the dart AT ALL. :(

This is my first topic post so please have mercy. :lol:

#2 Chadpuff

Chadpuff

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

I'm confused. What is it your asking?
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." ...Han Solo

#3 flamingeyes245

flamingeyes245

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:19 PM

Make a new seal with rubber or foam
Just glue the black piece in the forward position.
Keep your friends close,
And your Nerf guns closer.

External Modification contest, check it out!

Using anything I write as a sig makes your penis shoot rainbows. Bitches LOVE rainbows
^^VACC

#4 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts
  • State:California

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:58 PM

Pictures and more descriptive words would help. Alot. Look into posting pictures before you start a "writeup".
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#5 vicious foam

vicious foam

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:01 PM

I'm confused. What is it your asking?

I am asking if the spring that keeps the nozzle thing in front of the plunger tube flush with the turret necessary.
If it is necessary, how can i replace it?

Make a new seal with rubber or foam
Just glue the black piece in the forward position.

I tried something like this, just not permanent. I made a 1/2 inch tall ring of e-tape to try and keep it flush with the turret. (that failed.) Is there any other way to keep it forward without it being permanetly there?

Pictures and more descriptive words would help. Alot. Look into posting pictures before you start a "writeup".

Yeah, sorry about that, I'll try to get pictures, no promises. I just wanted to get this up ASAP because im on a deadline on this project.

#6 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:25 AM

An AR spring would most likely work if you are just trying to make it work, but there are more complicated things you can do that will give better performance if done correctly, such as widening the airflow holes and making your own seal.

#7 Aj

Aj

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:22 AM

I am asking if the spring that keeps the nozzle thing in front of the plunger tube flush with the turret necessary.
If it is necessary, how can i replace it?

Yes that spring is necessary, as it keeps the seal against the turret. as for replacing it.. simply find something of equal size and power, easier said than done

Aj
Foam Sports Australia - Founder

Check out my Youtube - Adelaide Nerf

#8 vicious foam

vicious foam

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

An AR spring would most likely work if you are just trying to make it work, but there are more complicated things you can do that will give better performance if done correctly, such as widening the airflow holes and making your own seal.

Yeah, the AR spring idea seems like a good one, i'll try it out. :D

#9 moosa

moosa

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

AR springs are extremely weak. You might get away with it of you shove two or three of them together in there, I'm guessing.
Yes.

#10 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

I'm going with moosa: AR springs are just too weak for that kind of operation. your best best is to either bring it to your hardware or hobby store and find a new spring, or glue the sealing mechanism in the forward position.
You may have the balls, but I have the lack of morality!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users