Photo

A Few Raider Questions/issues

5 replies to this topic

#1 BobRedshirt

BobRedshirt

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:20 PM

The other day, when I tried to use my Raider, I discovered that the pump was stuck in the forward position, rendering the entire gun rather useless. I opened it up, trying to find the issue. I discovered that when I take the other half of the shell off (the half that the clip sits in), it works fine. Messing with the parts on this half of the shell led me to believe that this piece is the problem, since if I press on it in a certain way, it gets stuck and doesn't sink as far as it should (the piece is the one circled in red):
Posted Image

My question is this: What does this piece do, anyway? I'd like to remove it, but I have no idea what it does or whether or not my gun will work without it.

I also have a few unrelated questions. First, what does the piece circled in green do? Second, could anyone post a picture of the spring that goes with this piece?
Posted Image

I seem to have misplaced mine.

Edit: Fixed the pictures.

Edited by BobRedshirt, 20 February 2010 - 02:27 PM.

#2 Jagiro

Jagiro

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:38 PM

The piece circled in green is worth nothing. I just removed it and my raider still works.
Ah women, they makes the highs high and lows more frequent.

#3 burning-ice

burning-ice

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

That happened to mine, I just pulled back really hard and it has not had any problem since.
I lurk alot.
If I double post blame my internet, I apologize.

#4 iknowmy3tables

iknowmy3tables

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:41 PM

I remember messing around with some of the parts in the red circle messed up my gun so I put them back, I think you can remove the green parts, and also sometimes the white part causes problems all it does is prevent the pump from being push forward again when you pump the slide half way so it's safe to remove, I recall I had to remove it once to fix my raider when a friend managed to mess it up

also it's true that a swift pull might fix it as I recall having done that before, but your problem might be different

Edited by iknowmy3tables, 20 February 2010 - 04:44 PM.

#5 RedPhoenix32

RedPhoenix32

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:38 PM

The red circle would be the locking mechanism that holds the clip in place when the gun is cocked. Im almost sure it is.
I promote the 1st amendment.

#6 BobRedshirt

BobRedshirt

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:39 PM

The red circle would be the locking mechanism that holds the clip in place when the gun is cocked. Im almost sure it is.

Actually, as far as I can tell, that's the sort of horseshoe piece that's around the red piece (in the picture, it looks like two rectangles above and below the red circled piece).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users