Photo

Sm5k Expanded Airtank

5 replies to this topic

#1 ultijon12

ultijon12

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 11:51 AM

does anyone know how to expnad the airtank for an sm5k if it is at all possible and what is a trigger mod and what are the advantages of it :P . thanks in advance for your replies :P
...Nerf or Nothing...
thats just [I]gay

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 01:18 PM

There's no need to expand the airtank on the 5k, but unreliable sources claim to have done it with plumbers goop and pvc. Personally I wouldn't go there.

A trigger mod involves removing the mechanism that causes the trigger to 'snap' back and then release the valve rod. Basically, if you follow the pictures in my mod and compare to an actual unmodded 5k, you'll see that I've removed everything anywhere near the trigger, including half of the trigger itself. The valve rod is then attached directly to the trigger.

If you plug the pump and don't do the trigger mod, only part of the airtank will empty with each trigger pull. Not a good thing since the only real forte of the 5k is power.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 ultijon12

ultijon12

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 02:02 PM

how do i do a trigger mod on an already modded sm5k with cqwx method. please reply
...Nerf or Nothing...
thats just [I]gay

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 04:35 PM

It's... already done.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 david00790

david00790

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 06:52 PM

If you want to expand the airtank then you have to cut the current vinyl tubing and expand with tubing from a hardware store.

#6 Iceman17

Iceman17

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 02:38 PM

I wouldnt expand the airtank. At least in my experience the tank has a tendency to deteriorate and the more mods and adjustments you make the worse it gets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users