Photo

NerfHaven: Tribal Council

104 replies to this topic

Poll: NerfHaven: Tribal Council (156 member(s) have cast votes)

NerfHaven: Tribal Council

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 10:45 PM

bam·boo·zle [ bam bz’l ] (past bam·boo·zled, past participle bam·boo·zled, present participle bam·boo·zling, 3rd person present singular bam·boo·zles)

transitive verb

1. cheat somebody: to trick or deceive somebody through misleading statements or falsehoods

2. perplex somebody: to make somebody confused

IE: It is BAMBOOZLING why none of you can take a joke and keep on fighting...

...Fuckers

Edited by ShatteredDreams, 29 March 2004 - 10:46 PM.

"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#77 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:38 AM

Ugh. This topic confuses me.

Anyways:

No, Neo was just comparing our beloved friend Black_Wrath to the fucker who used to troll the forums, Sylent Blade.  It's a common insult to be nicknamed after a troll.  Like in that homepage layout poll, Cx used .:Blue Ice:. as one of the choices.

Sylent_Blade wasn't exactly a troll. He had some good ideas. People just didn't like him because he was annoying and couldn't stop flaming.

Is SB really Black Wraith or not? I honestly wouldn't be surprised. I really never liked Wraith either, and he constantly flames, much like his counterpart did (or does). Whatever. I didn't believe that SB was just going to leave, just like that, forever.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#78 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 11:19 AM

Yeah man, you remember SB's 5k, well black wrath just happens to have the exact same gun. It's official, and he's a douche for doing it too.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#79 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:20 PM

No he isnt, because he asked Cx before making a new account. It isnt the same gun, BW remodded his muzzle loading BK into a bolt action breech.

THIRST
ko

#80 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:31 PM

No he isnt, because he asked Cx before making a new account. It isnt the same gun, BW remodded his muzzle loading BK into a bolt action breech.

THIRST

No, he didn't.

When I caught him creating a duplicate account, he asked me not to delete it.

Since I hadn't been about to delete SB, I didn't delete BW. I also thought he'd use the opportunity to change. Oh well.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#81 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:34 PM

Oh.

He did change, only after people started relizing it was SB were they being an as to him. People said they didnt like BW either, but they would have liked him alot worse if they knew he was SB, and he wasnt nearly as bad, in fact, in this thread wa the only tie he was provoked.

THIRST
ko

#82 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:46 PM

Hm...mind deleting this post?

Edited by Chrysophylax, 01 April 2004 - 06:34 AM.

"I FUCKING BEG OF YOU! MY FUCKING BROTHER WOULD GET OFF!"

--Mraow

#83 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:57 PM

Our friend Chrysler over here needs to sober up before posting.

"He did it out of good reason, he was hated because who he was"

THIRST
ko

#84 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:58 PM

Shit, would you assholes stop defending the guy? He was a dick and got flamed back. Most people either leave or they shape up and people gradually think better of them. It's not a bad thing to have to work yourself back into society. On the internet people think they can hide behind their fucking keyboards, say what they want, and run away if it gets too hot. People didn't hate him for who he was, they thought he was stupid because of what he posted. He's the one who imagined he could never fix things - most people were surprised when he said he was leaving.

His first post as BW was about himself. Didn't take me long to regret allowing him to make a new user.

#85 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:14 PM

I think that their is one main problem with n00bs:

Their image.

There are some great nerfers on this site. It appears to me that the n00bs are "trying to be cool," or trying to live up to the veterans. They try to be funny, flame people when a flame isn't necessary, etc.

We should be lenient, but of course, some people just have to go.

Edit: I am not trying to say that we aren't currently lenient. Despite our yelling at the n00bs, we've actually tolerated quite a bit.

Edited by LDM, 31 March 2004 - 05:15 PM.

#86 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:57 PM

Sb's name is Cam and so is Bw. they also talk about dicks alot. Read Bw signature.
Die with honor...Fight with pride...
Aim toward your goals...Quicken your stride...
With great power comes great responsibility.

#87 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:20 PM

In terms of contributions in the time that Thirst and Black Wrath have been around, Black Wrath would probably win but when I was actually contributing I did quite a bit more. I don't really nerf all that much anymore but I hang around because I've got a few friends here.
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#88 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:38 PM

Right, but I "have been arond" since nerfhaven began. I never signed up until..sometime later. No offence, but I dont remember any mods or anything from you. Maybe my memory sucks.

THIRST

Awsome, I have my own era. Ill call it... "Time THIRST and BlackWraith were around era"
ko

#89 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:44 PM

For the record; I fucking hate so many of you so much. As for people contributing shit, there haven't been any noteworthy advances in modding since CX found PETG. I'm not claiming that I'm some sort of prodigal modder here but let's face facts; no one's really pushed the envelope really. If it's an air pressure gun you plug the release valve and add brass, if it's a spring gun you attach bungies and add brass. Groove's comics were alright I guess, Nerfaholics was funnier.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#90 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:45 PM

Right, but I "have been arond" since nerfhaven began. I never signed up until..sometime later. No offence, but I dont remember any mods or anything from you. Maybe my memory sucks.

THIRST

Awsome, I have my own era. Ill call it... "Time THIRST and BlackWraith were around era"

I've been around since a bit before Nerf Online recovered from it's down time, about three years. I was alot more active at Nerf Online and hung around at Nerf Center before that.
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#91 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:09 PM

For the record; I fucking hate so many of you so much.

I also believe that you hate me very fucking much.

Hehe... If I get started on the history thing, I'll be sure to add this.

Ahem... Moving on...

I see no problem with newbies trying to live up to veterans; this usually causes them to mature a little and not be an ass. The only newbies that are hated are the ones who act like fucking immature idiots. Really, that's it...

~Mystic~

#92 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 03:09 PM

Don't try to imitate the veterans, just respect your fellow members. I hope that's not too complex for anybody...
Remember that here, you're not anonymous. Your IP is logged, so don't pretend that you can be an ass without notice.

-------

"You lie to yourself and remain alone."

- [Early] AFI

#93 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 01:46 AM

question: why the obsession with minimalism in posting? is the site in danger of maxing its allotted bandwidth, or are IP packets taxed? i mean, if the board were slowing down and getting clogged...thats one thing. but the post turnover as it is is appallingly slow compared to any board ive been a member of, and nerf modding isnt exactly something people are clamoring for to such an extent that we have to be überchoosy about who we admit/allow to post. as long as the idiots are just idiots, why censor so much?

#94 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 01:53 AM

question: why the obsession with minimalism in posting? is the site in danger of maxing its allotted bandwidth, or are IP packets taxed? i mean, if the board were slowing down and getting clogged...thats one thing. but the post turnover as it is is appallingly slow compared to any board ive been a member of, and nerf modding isnt exactly something people are clamoring for to such an extent that we have to be überchoosy about who we admit/allow to post. as long as the idiots are just idiots, why censor so much?

#95 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 01:54 AM

fucking nonresponding browser. sorry about that.

#96 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:24 AM

omg u noob this topic, is waaaay old liek 3 months and, omg u triple posted

That being said, we're all busy people. In an average day, there is only so much time one can (healthily) devote to reading every post on a forum. It's much easier on us when those posts are legible and concise, and (hopefully?) intelligent and informed. Perhaps that's too much to expect from people on the internet, but I'd like to think it's pretty manageable. If someone starts a bunch of topics, chances are they need to do some back-reading to see if the issue has already been covered. In which case it's a waste of time for me to read again, let alone respond to. :P

Edited by Jangadance, 16 July 2004 - 04:25 AM.

"The 'dance goes on..."

#97 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:02 AM

as long as the idiots are just idiots, why censor so much?

We didn't make this forum for idiots.

They can go whore up all those other boards you're a member of.

#98 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:31 PM

Thank you Cx.

Cx has tried to create a forum in which the members attempt to act their age. He's mostly succeeded...but there are still a few out there that don't belong. If you refer back to this article, you will see many answers.

As for being 'minimalist,' that's not true. It's just really annoying when people take up space with tons of posts that they could have put in one post.

its like As opposed to: It's like, when you're on AIM, people like to
wen ur on aim spam a lot when they write, instead of
and then saying it in one go.
ppl like 2
spam alot wen
they rite
instead of
just saying it
in 1 go

It's annoying.
Indiana '11

#99 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:21 AM

He has done quite well, in fact, damn well.

It's not to the point of being minimalist, its presenting the information in a readable, organised form, that the majority of people can actually be bothered sitting down to read.

I used to ramble a lot because i didn't sleep too well, it may seem wierd, but i havn't been the same for a few years now. I would like to thank everyone for my previous antics and such, and hope that you can tolerate me for a while longer. I admit, i can be a bit of a post-whore, but i like to be constructive, and let people know what they're doing is good... or bad ...

Over all, i think C, CX or, hell, even CXWQ, has created a self governing forum where trolls are promptly shot down; n00bs are either instruced, or flamed, depending on their offences; and where flames become oh-so humerous ... And of course, nothing beats Piney. Age beats post numbers and ego any time.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#100 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:17 PM

*nod*
i understand the frustration with those who cannot communicate in the only language they speak.
but the as-few-posts-as-possible policy seems to have been taken too far. yeah, ive doubleposted, sometimes the browser (or the board engine, i dont know who is at fault) likes to send the form data but not refresh the page. thats annoying.
but its not severe enough to worry about the overposting that much. scroll through the flames, you can tell three words in which ones they are anyway. in twenty minutes i can read the new posts im interested in...is your day that busy?
mostly, i think dealing with drivel on the boards is an individual responsibility, not that of the board. if the morons arent allowed to be morons for a while, theyre just silenced, theyll never learn to be contributing members. just dont read the stupid shit.

yes, its a damned good board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users