- Philips Screwdriver
- Drill & long 1/4 inch drill bit
- Plumbers Teflon Tape
- 3/4 Inch Thin Wall PVC *Thin wall PVC at Lowes if it's Silver Line brand it should have PVC-1120 SDR 21 marked on it.*
- Dremel with Grinding and Cutting Accessory
- Compression Spring (Preferably Conical *Currently testing a CX-38 conical spring from http://www.Reidsupply.com*)
Unscrew the main blaster shell and you will see all of this:
To remove the air restrictors I used a 1/4 inch drill bit and drilled it out.
There appears to be no air escape holes on the barrel so you won't need to fill them in...
To increase the air seal use Teflon Plumbers Tape to wrap around the reverse plunger head (?please correct me on the terminology?) and then add the O ring back on.
Take the plunger tube and cut or grind the nub used as the loaded indicator off and try to make it as flat as you can. (This is optional if you plan on trying the internal powerstock)
Cut approximately 1/8 of an Inch piece of 3/4 inch thinwall PVC and slide that over your plunger tube (a small amount of dremeling may be needed) This will create a spacer to help the stock spring compress a bit more.
To Upgrade the Catch use an extra spring (possibly from a removed lock) and intertwine it into the Catch spring and then put the combined springs Back on the Catch.
The Internal powerstock is ridiculously simple. Take a 2 inch piece of 3/4 inch thinwall PVC grind it down a bit so that the Plunger tube can glide through easily with little to no friction. Line the powerstock up with the back end of the spring brace. Add a spring that compresses down to about 3/8 of an inch and it's done.
*Updated Spring info*
I ordered a couple CX38 springs from Reid Supply (http://www.reidsuppl....aspx?itm=CX-38 to test with this mod.
had to cut it down a little (about 1-1/2" long now) to allow the for the catch to engage when primed.
Due to the shortness of the spring I need to find a way to stabilize the spring in the powerstock... for a temporary fix I used some wire to rest it on and then glued them together... not the best fix but it's working temporarily until I think of something better that doesn't affect compression.
With this spring alone in the Longstrike (stock spring removed) it fires 15+ feet, which isn't bad for a supporting spring but I'll continue to look for better replacements.
Re-assemble the blaster and you are done.
The only hint that it has been modded will be when the gun is primed and there is no priming indicator but springs in it's place...
Thanks for reading.
Edited by nihil413, 16 March 2010 - 04:35 PM.