Can You Attach A Firefly Clip To A Maverick

and still keep the barrel rotation?

13 replies to this topic

#1 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

Well I finally found a few old guns and came across my least favorite of the entire n-strike set.
What I want to know is if you can do this but keep the auto advance function unlike the mod in the directory.

help anybody?
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#2 soccer1536247

soccer1536247

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:16 PM

It would not work because the wholes that the air goes through would not match up and fire a dart. And i am not shure if it would rotate.

#3 wasdf

wasdf

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

The Firefly, from my understanding, shoots 8 darts instead of 6, earning it the name Firefly REV-8. That means the size of the rotating clip would also be slightly, if not significantly, larger on the Firefly. Hope this helps.
For a battle cry you gotta scream out "Feel the awesome power of my balls!"
~Chadpuff

#4 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

It would not work because the holes that the air goes through would not match up and fire a dart. And i am not sure if it would rotate.

Well what if you were to replicate the internals of the maverick with firefly internals and maybe keep the spring from the maverick? would that work?

The Firefly, from my understanding, shoots 8 darts instead of 6, earning it the name Firefly REV-8. That means the size of the rotating clip would also be slightly, if not significantly, larger on the Firefly. Hope this helps.

That would be the only reason to put a firefly clip on it.
I'm sure you could cut the bars at the top and bottom to work with the new clip.
Maybe replace them with a few pieces of plastic if it's to much to just dremel out.

Edited by sistermol, 10 February 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#5 alberty

alberty

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

Aside from the obvious problem of the turrets being different sizes and therefore the barrels not lining up with the Maverick's plunger...I believe that you would not be able to do this kind of mod and use the existing turret rotating mechanism on the Maverick.

In addition to the obvious fact that the Firefly and Maverick turrets are differently mounted, the Mav's rotating mech has a hex head--meant for 6 turns since the Mav shoots 6 darts but the Firefly shoots 8.

So no. Do you have a Firefly? Use that instead, it auto-advances and uses a regular plunger.

EDIT: Have you even looked and compared their internals?? You can't just "replicate" the Maverick's internals with the Firefly's internals and then fit it in the Maverick.

It sounds like you just want to add dart capacity to your Maverick. Either do the drop-clip mod, or get a Furyfire.

Edited by alberty, 10 February 2010 - 07:34 PM.

#6 Vincent

Vincent

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:36 PM

Also keep in mind that the one turret rotates farther each shot than the other one. If you are going to replace all the internals of a maverick with a firefly, why keep the spring? Plus, I doubt the plunger tube would meet up correctly.

EDIT: alberty posted while I was writing.

Edited by Vincent, 10 February 2010 - 07:36 PM.

QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 14 2009, 07:50 PM) View Post

Heresy. Nothing beats pink flamingos.

#7 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:37 PM

Also keep in mind that the one turret rotates farther each shot than the other one. If you are going to replace all the internals of a maverick with a firefly, why keep the spring? Plus, I doubt the plunger tube would meet up correctly.

You could just replace the rotation mech. Just from holding up a Maverick and the turret of a Firefly I can tell it will fit without too much cutting. All that's left is to see if the rotation mech will fit inside. I think you should go for it, could be fun.

↓ If you're as bad at modding as you are with grammer, I'm not surprised at your lack of confidence.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 10 February 2010 - 09:16 PM.

"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#8 thedecimator

thedecimator

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

Unless your Ryan MC#'s ,captain slug, split or angel it won't work. So NO
i got a night finder to go 300 ft.
then it smashed when it hit the pavement

#9 Vengeful Waffle

Vengeful Waffle

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:32 PM

Because they secrete some sort of fluid that automatically makes their mods work?

Anyway...It's certainly possible, it would just take more work then expected, and the gain would not be terribly high. It would be fun to attempt, so go for it!
I'm a runner, and I like to run.

[18:46] <+Famine> With the cock ring coming out the back of it?

#10 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

So then by your logic- if you, 'thedecimator', attempt any significant modifications, or, in fact, even think of a difficult modification, it will naturally fail.

Cool man, decimate more modifications, and don't fucking automatically trash a something as simple as an idea. All of the above were new at one point, and went through countless tries to become fantastic at modifications.

Kindly, fuck off.

Edited by ShatteredDreams, 10 February 2010 - 09:41 PM.

"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#11 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

Back on topic, I'm actually pretty sure you could make it work, but I doubt that you would be able to keep the auto-advancing w/o a ton of dremeling.

What's this for, btw? I ask only because botht the FF and Mav generally suck, even with heavy mods...

#12 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:06 PM

If you want a maverick with more shots, the Furyfire is basically just that, only it has 10 shots. You could minimize a Furyfire to make it smaller and it'd be just as good as a maverick with a Firefly turret, with less hassle.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#13 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:48 PM

Back on topic, I'm actually pretty sure you could make it work, but I doubt that you would be able to keep the auto-advancing w/o a ton of dremeling.

What's this for, btw? I ask only because botht the FF and Mav generally suck, even with heavy mods...

I have all the parts plus shell for a maverick but no turret
And I hate fireflys so I don't really care if I accidentally destroy one trying it

#14 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:00 PM

I've only made 2 or 3 post in the last 3 years.
How do you know what i can or can't do?

EDIT: I didn't mean to double post

Edited by sistermol, 10 February 2010 - 11:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users