Brass, Bitches.

3 replies to this topic

#1 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts
  • State:California

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

Got a stock LB on saturday at BAFF 5. Thanks Blue. This one has no barrels.

Here it is, stock. No barrels, as I said.

Posted Image

Opened:

Posted Image

Internals:

Posted Image

Trigger Mech:

Posted Image

For this mod, you will need 9/16 and 19/32 brass. 9/16 is the barrel, and you will need more than a foot of it. You will only need about 5 inches of 19/32.

Posted Image

Cut 5 1 inch segments of 19/32 brass. One for each barrel.

Posted Image

Mark 4 inches away from the base of your 9/16. 4 inches worked well for barrel length.

Posted Image

After cutting:

Posted Image

Put the 9/16 in the 19/32. This is so the barrels are snug in the stock rings on the air tanks. The 19/32 fits snug in them, so this work perfectly. Make sure to super glue the 9/16 into the 19/32.

Posted Image

Apply super glue to the ring on the stock airtanks. Then, place your new barrel assembly in, like so. Apply some pressure while it dries. The barrel will be perfectly straight due to the 19/32 sheath. Do this for every barrel.

Posted Image

Also, plug the pump.

I'll post pictures of the completed project when the glue dries, and I'll get ranges in the morning.

Hit me up with a PM or comment for any questions.

Edited by HOTH, 09 February 2010 - 10:10 PM.

My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#2 soccer1536247

soccer1536247

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:28 AM

Very nice write up, if i get one i will most likely do this to it.

#3 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:15 AM

I'm not sure if this is anything like the ss2, but maybe adding a check valve between the pump and the tanks would allow for greater pressure. Not sure though. Also, make sure you aren't messy with the plugging, that will dislodge the check valve if there is one down there.

#4 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

I'm not sure if this is anything like the ss2, but maybe adding a check valve between the pump and the tanks would allow for greater pressure. Not sure though. Also, make sure you aren't messy with the plugging, that will dislodge the check valve if there is one down there.

I know for a fact that there is no check valve in the LB's pump system, so you don't have to worry about messing it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users