Power Stock Longstrike

5 replies to this topic

#1 numa-t49

numa-t49

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:33 PM

Ok so this is a write up on how to build a power stock for the Longstrike.
Iím doing this write up with the mod done and sorry no pictures while doing the mod, I again apologize.
So first thing you do is open up the gun remove the Arís, spring replacement, bla bla bla.
Next remove the plunger tube
Take a piece of 1/2in PVC and cut a wedge in it and glue it to the plunger tube.
Like this:
Posted Image
Cut the other end of the PVC so that it hits the back of the shell
Also cut the back of the shell so that when primes the new Addition will fully extend out of the gun.
It should look like this:
Posted Image
Posted Image
For the stock cut a piece of 1in PVC to your desired length, close the back of the PVC and add your additional springs. Glue it to the stock.
Posted Image
And now your done.
I am using 3 smaller sized springs in my stock and am getting 45-55 with the added stock and Ar removal.

Comments, Flames, Questions????

Edited by numa-t49, 09 February 2010 - 08:34 PM.

#2 LotusNerf

LotusNerf

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:00 AM

Awesome job on the power stock, I still ponder on what the K'nex is for.

My preference for these Recon-based plunger assembly is to use a [k26] power stock, but whatever springs will float your boat will do.

-Lotus

#3 debandgeek12

debandgeek12

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

I love these guns because, while the reverse plunger is inefficient, the powerstock makes them MUCH better.
It's time to pretend.

mysterio
the leaking was all in the bladder

Yay, the IRC.

#4 mr yetti

mr yetti

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

Lol, Knex to secure it!?! Anyways nice mod.

#5 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:31 PM

I'm probably going to end up looking like an ass here in a few minutes, but I have a question about this:

I've looked over the pictures many times, but I don't quite understand how your powerstock works. I can't remember the exact way the internals are placed (the springe and plunger tube that is that extends back), but the diagram in the first picture, along with the shot of the back of the gun without the stock on confuse me. I can't quite place the size in my head of what looks like a coupler inside the gun... (That's the 1 Inch PVC, correct?) so how does the plunger tube acually go back to compress the spring in your power stock? I'm pretty sure I'm missing something big between pics 3 and 4.
And as far as the diagram is concerned, that counter-acts my thoughts, seeing as it just displays it as any other power stock, with the 1" PVC behind the plunger, etc. Also, why cut a wedge in it? I've yet to build one of these myself, so I apologize for the bombardment of questions here haha.
Either way, it adds range to the Longstrike, so props for that.

#6 numa-t49

numa-t49

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:57 AM

I'm probably going to end up looking like an ass here in a few minutes, but I have a question about this:

I've looked over the pictures many times, but I don't quite understand how your powerstock works. I can't remember the exact way the internals are placed (the springe and plunger tube that is that extends back), but the diagram in the first picture, along with the shot of the back of the gun without the stock on confuse me. I can't quite place the size in my head of what looks like a coupler inside the gun... (That's the 1 Inch PVC, correct?) so how does the plunger tube acually go back to compress the spring in your power stock? I'm pretty sure I'm missing something big between pics 3 and 4.
And as far as the diagram is concerned, that counter-acts my thoughts, seeing as it just displays it as any other power stock, with the 1" PVC behind the plunger, etc. Also, why cut a wedge in it? I've yet to build one of these myself, so I apologize for the bombardment of questions here haha.
Either way, it adds range to the Longstrike, so props for that.

In order to fuly get the gist of this mod you need to have a general idea of what the internals look like and what they do. Also you need to have a general knowledge on how reverse plungers work. With a power stock mod with a recon, the external priming bar would push back an aditional spring placed in the stock of the gun. For the longsrike, there was no external priming bar, so I made one. (The PVC and for me the coupler because I cut the PVC to short) I then made a housing for the aditional springs( the 1in PVC) thus creating the power stock. Hope this cleared up any confusions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users