possible mods?

19 replies to this topic

#1 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 06:57 PM

Ok I received an old supermaxx 1000 from a friend, since he had two. Now before I realized that it was more of a collectors item, I tore into it and removed the rotating barrel and such. So what I did is remove everything but the trigger, pump, and airtank, and stuck about an 11 inch piece of 1/2 inch cpvc directly onto the pressure chamber. I jam the darts about 8-10inches down using a little rod I have, and am getting ranges of about 100 flat. Are there any better mods for a supermaxx 1000? I've searched the internet and have found nothing. Help is appreciated.

~ompa

#2 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 09:03 PM

I would like to now the same thing, are there any mods for a sm 1000? I thought I should just bring this topic back instead of making a new one about the same thing.(I'd probable break the Code of Conduct either way[posting in month old topics without anything to say][starting a topic thats already been discussed] ). So, any mods? :P

Edited by nerfspecialforces, 30 May 2004 - 09:07 PM.

QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#3 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 10:49 PM

You're not alone. Besides ompa, I have another friend who has a sm1000, and is eager to mod it WITH the six-ring thing still in. I've been trying to hurt my brain cooking up ideas, but most ideas end up using a kind of bolt system, which I want to avoid. If you find a flawless way to use O-rings or something of the sort to seal up the passage way...then you deserve a cookie. :P Otherwise....the answer may be only to single it, which I really would NOT like to do as it destroys the advantage of the gun. A powerful, great ROF, air tank/pump gun.

-AirApache
Indiana '11

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 11:09 AM

Eh, I got the seal between the air chamber and the rotation thing quite well, but I can't figure out how to get the seal between the actual barrel and rotation mechanism to work well. Also, single barreling it allows for great ranges, about as far as my sm5k got anyways on 3-4 pumps.

~ompa

#5 seirus

seirus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 11:17 AM

Do the basic airjet mods (removing air restrictors and plugging up the air release valve). from there, you may want to consider replacing the barrel. My buddy used 9/16 OD brass and made sure the connection was real straight. It's pretty shweet. He calls it the red dead revolver (after the video game). We just sprayed it red and used a dremel to engrave RDR into it.
Yeah, life sucks, but it does guarantee a trip around the sun every 365 days.

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 11:19 AM

But what did you use to seal the connection between the revolver part and the barrel? That's my main problem.

~ompa

#7 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 11:58 AM

i guess you could try putting a larger size brass in the revolving part, and make the barrel slide-able, so you could pull it out, rotate, the push it back into the revolving piece. I don't actually own one, but i think that might work.

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 12:24 PM

I did that, but it's a pain in the butt, since the barrel rotates with a half-pull of the trigger. I also made it so it rotated manually, but I still didn't like the results since it was still really slow. I could do it faster when I had a breech loader on it.

~ompa

#9 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 05:45 PM

How exactly did you seal the air path?

Sorry if this sounds noobish. ^_^

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 05:48 PM

Lol, well, I took one of those rubber things you put at the bottom of your tables and stuff so they don't slip in wood and tile floors. I then drilled a hole through the middle and hot-glued it in place. It somehow was the right size, and basically formed a good seal between the air pressure chamber and the rotating barrel. Sounds ridiculous, but it worked.

~ompa

#11 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:05 PM

Rubber thing??? ^_^ My table??? :)

Could you be just a little more vague???(sarcasm)

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#12 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:09 PM

It's hard to explain- like those little rubber stops that prevent furniture and such from slipping.

~ompa

#13 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:53 PM

I think your talking about these.

http://www.rockler.c...e=403&sid=AFC00
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#14 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 06:14 PM

So it goes like this

-----=[
........!

blue-barrel
red-revolver
green-tank
orange-rubber thing
Don't mind the dots :o

Right?

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#15 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 10:00 PM

pretty much yes. (wow short post)

~ompa

#16 seirus

seirus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 07:49 AM

Hm. I didn't use anything. As with any rotating barrel gun, the seal wont ever be perfectly tight, as the connection base between the air tank and the barrel assembly is relatively loose. (I am judging this information off of a smxx 1500, by the way) With the 1000, the difference is that the ammo is carried between the airtank and the barrel. With a 1500, a spring causes the barrel assembly to come out as it rotates, which then moves back to link up with the air tank. I think that no matter what you do to the 1000, this loose seal will always remain.
Yeah, life sucks, but it does guarantee a trip around the sun every 365 days.

#17 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 11:09 AM

Eh... but with mine, the space had to be at least 2mm big since I removed the blue part... I had to fill the space somehow, and the doorstop made a better seal than that blue thing did.

~ompa

#18 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 06:19 PM

Right. Oh, I'm still here, I was just busy. I took it apart and it broke :( .I fix it, but it will never be the same as the revolver spring broke. Mine is still COMPLETELY unmodded :blink:(still lost) Good news though, I made almost prefect ammo. I cut 1/2 FBR into the 1/2 the size of a mega dart and glued an orb of glue to the end. It seems to work better with no weights at all. Only side effect was it took more glue. It works as well if not better than stock Lamaries.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#19 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 06:29 PM

Hm... Ranges? And did you plug the overpressure release valve?

~ompa

#20 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 08:14 PM

COMPLETELY UNMODDED. No I didn't yet.....

Ranges, about 50 feet. The Darts are all different. Most are in the 50's, but one is in the 40's

-NSF

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users