T20 Pistol (improved)

Just my take on this mod.

7 replies to this topic

#1 STCVKR

STCVKR

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:10 PM

So hey guys this is my first post, but I don't want any sympathy for that so don't worry.
I know what you're thinking 'tommy 20: fail gun', but mine has never had the jamming problems everyone goes on about and is quite a fun gun. This isn't really a write up cause my account just got verified and I did this mod some time ago. So without further ado here is the little beast:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

So basically I sawed off the stock, replaced it with a detachable nine volt battery clip thing and put a battery pack on it.
I did this because there was a lot of debate about a nine volt battery burning the motor and I didn't wanna risk it.
The paint is a mixture of hammerite (plastic paint varient) and 'plasticoat.'
constructive criticism is appreciated, but flaming is not.

Kudos to Ubermensch for the mod.

EDIT:Btw the scratches and scuffs are from recent mini wars and are not a result of painting.

Thanks for checking this out. STCVKR.

Edited by STCVKR, 30 January 2010 - 09:05 AM.

I think Talio is my mother. He's abusive, swears a lot and probably likes to binge drink.

Just kidding guys, my mother is actually quite nice.

#2 Naes Draw

Naes Draw

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • State:Maryland

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

Cool looking. I'm thinking about doing one of these for a friend, so it's nice to see it cut down.
The nerfer with the green goggles.

|||||)

#3 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

I believe it was ubersmech, but I could be wrong.

#4 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

Yep, that was me. Props, yours looks much more comfortable than mine, thanks to the clean-cut grip. Nice work!

Are you having any problems with the orange part in the front? I ended up removing mine because darts would sometimes get stuck in it.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#5 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

It looks nice! What are the ranges? Just wondering, not like I truly care, but what is the ROF?

Yep, that was me. Props, yours looks much more comfortable than mine, thanks to the clean-cut grip. Nice work!

Are you having any problems with the orange part in the front? I ended up removing mine because darts would sometimes get stuck in it.

You better not take off that orange part, that gun is too dark, cops will shoot you. Might I suggest eye raping colors?
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#6 sllewgh

sllewgh

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:44 AM

I purchased a 2-pack of these at Target for 15$. 5$ at Radio Shack later and they had 9v batteries. Never had any trouble with that voltage, as I only ever turn on the motors when I'm ready to fire, so its not sustaining that voltage long. Sure, it doesn't shoot 100ft or have a creatively integrated 3k, but if you get the timing down you can achieve a high rate of fire. Fantastic rushing weapon with 2 of these, especially given the intimidation factor of the tremendous noise. I can unload all 40 shots in about 5 seconds without jams.

#7 STCVKR

STCVKR

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:04 AM

@ Ubermensch. No the orange part hasn't caused jams yet and I've had the gun for quite some time, also it doesn't look quite as shapely without it.

@JATDO The ranges are not brilliant, it gets similar to a stock recon, but I use it like a shotgun so that doesn't bother me. The rate of fire is ultimately as fast as you can pull the trigger, but you have to be careful to pull it all the way back or the dart will not leave the barrel and left untreated will cause a jam. I can get the whole thing emptied in an average time of 6.24 seconds (tested 10 times and averaged). So it's relatively fast, but it's more practical to fire off bursts of 2-3 at a time.
I think Talio is my mother. He's abusive, swears a lot and probably likes to binge drink.

Just kidding guys, my mother is actually quite nice.

#8 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:24 AM

Ive had plenty of experience with the motors that are used on these.. they are a mabuchi 130..

the Crest spinbrush toothbrush has these... also radioshack xmods, they will handle 9.6v in short bursts and 12v in even shorter bursts.

from experimenting many people found that a hybrid motor using the magnets and endcap/brushes from a crest spinbrush on a stock motor worked best for our little RC cars. I keep meaning to do a writeup but I get lazy when its cold outside.

If you want to do the same mods to an A-T20 you will need a 5v regulator on the firing mechanism to lower its speed.
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users