The Box Rifle

Fun little homemade

5 replies to this topic

#1 STCVKR

STCVKR

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:57 AM

So I had some pvc and an old water gun lying around gathering dust and I was wondering what to do today. So I began to build:

Some shots of the pvc fully constructed:

Posted Image

Posted Image

That now is pretty much the gun completed, sorry I didn't show you how to do that, but some parts were customized by heating and bending and can not be found in stores so I thought I'd just show you it.

Then I hotglued some mdf onto the mofo and taped it all up. (not sure why i taped it, but oh well)
Since this is a loser (for some reason it changed the long ranged gun into loser here) you guys will never see what it looks like until it's too late, so I thought screw the aesthetics.

pics:
Posted Image

Home made plunger head:
Posted Image
I have this mini lathe like thing which allows me to shape rubber, so you can imagine that this has a pretty beastly seal right now.

It's length is a mere eight inches and so looks very boxlike.

It hits 92.3 ft average after twenty pumps, but is hard to pump and very loud. My friend rigged up this limiter piece in the pump tube which means I can't pump it too high or it'll let it all out. I don't know the exact limit, but according to catmods message my previous assumption was wrong and it probably only uses 27.69 psi. (worked out assuming that the pressure is thirty percent of the average range)
I've seen homemade pump guns before so I'm not claiming originality or anything, but this was my first attempt at a homemade and I hope y'all like it.

This is not a tutorial I am only showing how my gun was made and its performance.

Edited by STCVKR, 30 January 2010 - 12:54 PM.

I think Talio is my mother. He's abusive, swears a lot and probably likes to binge drink.

Just kidding guys, my mother is actually quite nice.

#2 catmods

catmods

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

You supplied pictures, but I still don't get what to do. What parts are neccesary? I highly doubt it gets up to 100 psi and shoots 100. The Titan, with a smaller tank, goes 200 with 60 psi.

Edited by catmods, 30 January 2010 - 12:17 PM.

"Don't worry I'll just close it. Your gun sucks." - Talio

#3 STCVKR

STCVKR

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

You supplied pictures, but I still don't get what to do. What parts are *necessary? I highly doubt it gets up to 100 psi and shoots 100. The Titan, with a smaller tank, goes 200 with 60 psi.

this isn't a tutorial and I can believe that it doesn't shoot 100 ft at 100 psi. I only pumped it twenty times because to stand there and pump more than that is time consuming and could lead to being shot. I merely stated that its regulator/limiter activates if it reaches 100 psi.
I think Talio is my mother. He's abusive, swears a lot and probably likes to binge drink.

#4 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

It looks like all that was done was that you took apart a water gun, and put a handle on its intenals.

industrial designer

#5 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:25 PM

I'm proud of you. You glued a barrel onto a SuperSoaker, built a cardboard box around it, and then had the courage to post it here. Good job.

Look at my sig kid.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#6 STCVKR

STCVKR

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:00 AM

I'm proud of you. You glued a barrel onto a SuperSoaker, built a cardboard box around it, and then had the courage to post it here. Good job.

Look at my sig kid.

Wow dude, you're not very hospitable are ya? I'm pretty sure I mentioned that some parts were from a water gun and that 'cardboard box' is mdf, y'know the man made wood.
But y'know whatever. If you wanna get your moderator friends to shutdown this topic then be my guest, I only posted it to show that I was active on nerfhaven so that my account didn't get deleted and crapzorz, take it away if you want.

Edited by STCVKR, 01 February 2010 - 08:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users