Photo

Ls Plunger Tube Replacement Question

5 replies to this topic

#1 metalgunsoild

metalgunsoild

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

I have lost the plunger tube to one off my LS's and I can't find it so I want to replace it but I don't know what to use.If someone knows of what to replace it with please help.

I have search but I found nothing.

#2 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

I believe 1-1/4" sink drain extension pipe (find it in the plumbing section, and look for a piece that is about even diameter throughout) fits the stock dimensions of the plunger tube well and will only require machining of a back plate for the spring rest and front plate for the bolt seal.

Buying plastic tube to the specific dimensions of the stock plunger tube is the most reliable option, but will be obviously harder to obtain.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#3 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:50 PM

1-1/2" drain pipe is closer. 1.25" is pretty narrow.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#4 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:32 PM

I am fairly certain that a 1-1/2" sink drain extension would work for this. I know it fits well in the shell, and fits the plunger head (my replacement one, at least). I just haven't put together my tube replaced LS, yet.

#5 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

The CS replacement LS head fits 1.5" sink drain super nicely, but is a little big for the stock tube, which is why I guessed 1.25".

On the other hand, 1.25" matches the stock BBB plunger tube decently, so I guess 1.5" is the way to go.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#6 dog9

dog9

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

I have never tried this before but ballzooka plunger tubes are almost the exact the same size as longshot plunger tubes you could trie it.
Nerf On!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users