Photo

Sm1500 Question

10 replies to this topic

#1 LoneNerfer

LoneNerfer

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

Hey all I'm in the process of modifying an old style SM1500 and was wondering if this would work. Could it be possible to inline clip the turret? The barrel material I would use is 19/32 brass with tightening rings and the clip would be 5/8 brass. The reason that I'm asking this is that I don't want to goop all the brass in and then not have it work. I would be wasting brass and would also have to acquire a new turret. I'm asking this question because I heard that inline clips only work with low air output guns and yet I've seen them on AT3K's but I want to make sure.

#2 flipoffacliff

flipoffacliff

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

I would think it would work because I have inlined clipped a at2k. I would get some pics up, but I do not have it any more. If you saw it done on a 3k it should be possible on a SM1500. And instead of gooping them on just wrap the brass in e-tape.

Edited by flipoffacliff, 25 January 2010 - 08:33 PM.

My sales thread

That is tighter than my butthole. - Ryan201821

#3 LoneNerfer

LoneNerfer

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:43 PM

And instead of gooping them on just wrap the brass in e-tape.

By that do you mean just wrapping e tape so the barrels are snug enough that they don't fall off and then just test it like that?

#4 flipoffacliff

flipoffacliff

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

Yes that is exactly what I mean. I will test your idea for you on my rear loading 1500. My barrels are petg with e tape on the barrels.
My sales thread

#5 LoneNerfer

LoneNerfer

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:00 PM

Yes that is exactly what I mean. I will test your idea for you on my rear loading 1500. My barrels are petg with e tape on the barrels.

Wow thanks, get back to me with your results and thanks again for trying this out for me.

#6 flipoffacliff

flipoffacliff

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

I have the results. It does work, but it double feeds once in awhile. All I probably need is a longer front barrel. So go ahead and do that to yours. Just remember to test by using e-tape first, then later you can goop.
My sales thread

#7 LoneNerfer

LoneNerfer

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:38 PM

I have the results. It does work, but it double feeds once in awhile. All I probably need is a longer front barrel. So go ahead and do that to yours. Just remember to test by using e-tape first, then later you can goop.

Thanks a bunch. What barrel length are you using so that I can just start off with a longer front barrel then with what you tested with to see if it works any better?

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

I highly suggest not doing this. I have tried every combo of dart barrel fit and barrel length imaginable on inlined airguns and have yet to make one tha doesn't shotgun on at least a quarter of the shots.

#9 flipoffacliff

flipoffacliff

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:00 PM

I highly suggest not doing this. I have tried every combo of dart barrel fit and barrel length imaginable on inlined airguns and have yet to make one tha doesn't shotgun on at least a quarter of the shots.

Mine only shotgun loaded once. The barrel material was 6 inches of thin wall petg and 3 inches of thick wall. They were held together with a 1/2 in cpvc coupler.
My sales thread

#10 LoneNerfer

LoneNerfer

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

Thanks I'll probably go with 9" then. Tantum if what you say is true then it's fine because the whole brass assembly will not be glued in. If you looked at the earlier posts we decided to just shove the barrels in with only e tape so that it could be removed if it didn't work out.

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:11 PM

This is a concept thread. If you cannot find a modification on this site, and you simply want to know "should I do this", or "would this work", the solution is to try it for yourself. With the influx of new members this principal, which we've espoused for quite some time, seems to have been lost. I'm not going to put up with it. If something has not been tried, and you are curious about it, just fucking try it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users