Lack Of Creativity

Read

8 replies to this topic

#1 NerfPancakes

NerfPancakes

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

Hello everyone. I will probably get a lot of hate for this, but I would like to express my opinion. I have seen WAYYYY to many mods that includs AT2k air tank integrations/replacements. There seems to be a huge lack of creativity in the world of modding. Although everyone does this mod, people still seem to claim that they do indeed have a creative mod. If it has an AT2k tank in it, and it's not an AT2k, I have come to the point where I do not consider that creative, because simply everyone uses the AT2k tank. Please post a reply if you agree, or disagree with me. And if you disagree, please, tell me why!
the only problem is, the scope is filled with roach bodies and roach crap.

#2 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

Hello everyone. I will probably get a lot of hate for this, but I would like to express my opinion. I have seen WAYYYY to many mods that includs AT2k air tank integrations/replacements. There seems to be a huge lack of creativity in the world of modding. Although everyone does this mod, people still seem to claim that they do indeed have a creative mod. If it has an AT2k tank in it, and it's not an AT2k, I have come to the point where I do not consider that creative, because simply everyone uses the AT2k tank. Please post a reply if you agree, or disagree with me. And if you disagree, please, tell me why!

If you are unhappy with the creativity level, then go change it. Perform a new, groundbreaking modification. Build a new blaster with a different design! But above all, don't just sit back and complain about it.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#3 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

People use 2K tanks because they work well and are fairly easy to obtain. It shouldn't really matter how creative a modification is. Performance > creativity.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#4 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:29 PM

1. Dude, it's January. It's cold as hell outside. This isn't Nerfing season. This is like asking why we haven't seen great MLB plays lately.

2. The supply of new, solid blasters has dried up. The reason there are so many AT2K's and 3K's is that they're still, albeit rarely, available and get good performance.

While you're at it, why not post a few links to blasters you feel are really creative?
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#5 alberty

alberty

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:43 PM

Just because you use parts that are common doesn't mean you can't make a creative design.

Now that I think about it, Big Salvo tank mods/integrations a huge example of commonly-used parts that lead to uncommon mods. Off the top of my head, I can think of the Peasant's Guru, the Hellcat 2, Marvelous Titan, Arachnophobia II...they all use BS tanks and they're all different/creative.

#6 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

Off the top of my head, I can think of the Peasant's Guru, the Hellcat 2, Marvelous Titan, Arachnophobia II...they all use BS tanks and they're all different/creative.

Sawtooth Rifle... oh wait, I forgot to take pics when I was back in DC. Bah!

Air tank integrations are very common. AirTech 2000s are very common and very effective. The reason a lot of people use AT2K tanks is because they are fairly easy to remove from the original blaster, and aren't particularly expensive. But hey, if you have SM1500 tanks just laying around not being used, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands and use them in integrations instead of AT2K tanks. (Less work for me; I don't have to flow mod SM1500 tanks).
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#7 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

Its the same as why you see everyone using LS and crossbows. They're reliable powerful and quick firing as well as cheap (the at2k, not the crossbows). Plus the compact tank makes it easy to integrate.

In conclusion, if you don't like the way mods are going on this site SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Don't just sit on your ass and bitch about it. People like you are why this country is like it is.

Plus saying that everyone uses it takes away the creativity is like saying an artist cant make anything good with paint because everyone else uses paint too.

Edited by Maeric, 25 January 2010 - 04:04 PM.

Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#8 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:06 PM

So you're basically saying my nearly completed WIP r3ker isn't creative? it may have an airtank from a different gun, but in a RAIDER that can still use clips? Laugh laugh laugh. There will be video of it when youtube finishes processing it. I'm not trying to be harsh, I just felt up to saying this.

Bam.

Edited by death by cheez, 25 January 2010 - 04:27 PM.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

This topic sucks
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users