Photo

Raider Issue

10 replies to this topic

#1 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

Ok so recently having a Raider I have noticed that when I try using slam fire after 3 or 4 shots the prime bar get stuck or locked. I have yet to take out the AR but if I remove the AR or a certain lock will this work smother. I have searched around but yet after 2 years I still suck at it.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#2 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

I have the same problom too, and I aswell have yet to open it it.

#3 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:59 PM

Does the priming bar get stuck forward, back, or somewhere in between?

#4 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:54 PM

In the front, pulling back. And occatinally in the middle pushing forward, well, at least with mine.

#5 flipoffacliff

flipoffacliff

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:41 PM

I have had this problem, but never got around to it until last week. Also the breech would not move. And turns out the area where the air restrictor was snapped in half. I removed the ar by pulling it apart. All I had to do was epoxy putty it back together. Your problem could be that a piece of plastic is sticking out and catching in the plunger tube. Or you need to lube it because when using slamfire there is lots of friction between the o-ring and plunger tube. Hope this helps.

Edited by flipoffacliff, 22 January 2010 - 07:45 PM.

My sales thread

That is tighter than my butthole. - Ryan201821

#6 nate483

nate483

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:32 PM

I had this exact same problem! I got so pissed I took the whole thing apart and riped out the slam fire internals. To make it worth taking apart the gun i cut part of the handle off and screwed a 2" pvc pipe onto the front to make it like a shotgun. I also did a lot of other mods to it and am painting it now. I might post a writeup when I am finished painting it. :D

-nate483

#7 nerfdartsmith21

nerfdartsmith21

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:22 PM

I had this exact same problem! I got so pissed I took the whole thing apart and riped out the slam fire internals. To make it worth taking apart the gun i cut part of the handle off and screwed a 2" pvc pipe onto the front to make it like a shotgun. I also did a lot of other mods to it and am painting it now. I might post a writeup when I am finished painting it. :D

-nate483

I think that it's just a flaw or purposely built into the raider. Because the same is happening to me and probably other people.

#8 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:05 PM

I have heard this happening. My friend removed the air restrictor and it works fine.

industrial designer

#9 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:35 PM

If your talking about the safety built into the AR that restricts slam fire ROF after 3-4 shots, thats built in.

Obviously most guns are "nerfed" stock and every good feature (ROF, range, ascetics, etc.) are hidden.

I guess they don't want kids flinging their foam too fast. But once you remove the AR you can slam fire as fast as you can possible move your arm.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#10 flipoffacliff

flipoffacliff

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

When mine was stock I could fire 35 darts in 35 sceconds. It did not stop after a few shots, it kept shooting until I ran out of ammo. The lock you speak of ilzot, can we get a picture that would be most helpful.
My sales thread

That is tighter than my butthole. - Ryan201821

#11 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

The lock is within the air restrictor itself.

You might not be physically able (no offense) to move the foregrip fast enough, but when you start getting to the 2 dart per second firing rate, it stops allowing you to go that fast. After the AR mod, I could shoot off 35 darts in around 20 seconds or less.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users