Removing The Plunger From The Plunger Chamber

SOLVED

10 replies to this topic

#1 wizard wusa

wizard wusa

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:49 AM

I was wondering how you remove the plunger from the plunger chamber. I'm trying to remove the AR, but I'm having trouble getting the plunger out to work on it. I see a seam connecting the bolt(?) with the plunger, and I think I need to work on that to get the plunger out, but I have no idea how I would go about doing that. I've searched the forums and online, but I haven't found anything.

Thanks,
Wiz

Edited by wizard wusa, 16 January 2010 - 02:38 PM.

#2 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:51 AM

Ummmm, from which blaster? I'm assuming the LS, and if so, there are two scrows at the back, just remove those and it should slide out.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#3 wizard wusa

wizard wusa

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

Yeah, sorry. It's from the LS. And that would be the spring, right? not the plunger? Because I have the spring out.

#4 vaan

vaan

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:00 AM

The rod the spring rests on is the plunger rod, and the part that has a o-ring on it at the tip is the plunger head, theyre connected by a screw, togather make up the plunger.

#5 wizard wusa

wizard wusa

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:02 AM

Ok, thanks. I guess that would clear up the confusion :P . I'm using this tutorial, and I'm at step 3. What is that piece called then? And how would I remove THAT piece?

#6 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:08 PM

I don't think you're supposed to remove it. He says "The bolt will still be inside the bolt casing." So you just push it as far as you can into the plunger tube and cut at it from the back. To get the whole thing out you'd have to cut the bolt tube and glue it back together once you've removed the ar.
"A lot" is two words.

#7 angelfalcon

angelfalcon

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:01 PM

You're supposed to drill it out. I didn't have access to a drill, though, just an x-acto knife. I sliced through where the black section meets the orange, cut out the ARs, and put it back together. I Gorilla Glue'd the pieces together, sanded it down so it could still move back through the plunger tube, and wrapped it in a single layer of e-tape.

According to your mom, size matters. My blaster is four feet long. What about yours?

I measured mine and I got about 11 inches.

#8 wizard wusa

wizard wusa

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

Awesome, thanks. That really clears it up. What confuses me though is the picture shows the ar out of the tube. I'll try cutting at it from the back, if that doesn't work I'll x-acto the seam.

#9 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

Maybe start with something like a NF. With the knowledge you currently have with modding nerf guns, don't be suprised if youdestroy the internals of the LS.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#10 wizard wusa

wizard wusa

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, but the LS is the only nerf gun I have, and I don't use it at all, so if I break it it won't be a biggie. I do airsoft and Dagorhir for my recreational needs, so this is more of a boredom project I guess :P .

#11 wizard wusa

wizard wusa

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:38 PM

Awesome, it worked. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users